Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is 7.3.5 Unlikely? Could Antorus Be The Start of The Drought?

So judging from a response given by Lore in regards to class changes coming before Antorus, it seems like 7.3.2 is going to accompany the raid like 7.1.5 and 7.2.5. Despite this, 7.3.2 has zero content and is only for balance and bug fixes for Antorus. Do you think they're pretty much done with the 11 week cycle? Can we expect a year long gap between Antorus and the next piece of content? Do you still expect more besides the small story mini patches we might get in between as mentioned by Ion?

10+ Year Old Account
    You did see the Silithus thing though right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    You did see the Silithus thing though right?
    So far that just seems to be part of the Antorus raid, like the area you teleport to after Kil'jaeden's death. But maybe it could become the basis for some new, post-raid story content.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz can obviously be extremely "shady" and basicly act like it's a tiny patch, and then officially reveal the silithus thing & more on blizzcon.

They aren't gonna blue post big spoiler stuff 2 months before blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Blizz can obviously be extremely "shady" and basicly act like it's a tiny patch, and then officially reveal the silithus thing & more on blizzcon.

hopefully youre right

I think you're right about this as I had similar thoughts. It seems their major work on Legion is done and this post from Lore tells me they are working primarily on the next expansion now.

We will probably get a 7.3.5 but with very minor updates in 2018 and hopefully an expansion release by the summer or late Spring. It seems all but likely they will reveal the expansion at Blizzcon.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

They are turning the page on this expansion because they can't fix classes in patch 7.3.5 so they are going to stop and focus on class changes in new expansion IMVHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    So far that just seems to be part of the Antorus raid, like the area you teleport to after Kil'jaeden's death. But maybe it could become the basis for some new, post-raid story content.
    I feel like you haven't listened to Dadgar's dialogue on the front page ... pretty much tells us this is post-raid.

And given the timings of Blizzcon, raid launch etc. it would point towards them setting that stage for the next expansion with this likely flowing into the bridging patches before the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

I don't disagree with the shadiness thing, but I hope that they have a more important surprise reserved for blizzcon than 7.3.2/5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I feel like you haven't listened to Dadgar's dialogue on the front page ... pretty much tells us this is post-raid.
    I've heard it - it could be that the altered Silithus zone is presented within the Antorus raid zone itself, after the final boss fight. Similar to how after Kil'jaeden is killed, you wind up on an instanced piece of the Broken Shore with Illidan and everyone.

The altered zone may also become available post-raid though, similar to how players who completed the Tomb got to see Argus in the sky early.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    So judging from a response given by Lore in regards to class changes coming before Antorus, it seems like 7.3.2 is going to accompany the raid like 7.1.5 and 7.2.5. Despite this, 7.3.2 has zero content and is only for balance and bug fixes for Antorus. Do you think they're pretty much done with the 11 week cycle? Can we expect a year long gap between Antorus and the next piece of content? Do you still expect more besides the small story mini patches we might get in between as mentioned by Ion?
    Can we please just wait 'til BlizzCon where they announce stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post

or you could read the front page
    how 7.3.2 is simply SOME OF THE STUFF coming in 7.3.5 and this is just "some of the stuff" they want us to test now, and put up on the PTR, the rest will come later.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    They are turning the page on this expansion because they can't fix classes in patch 7.3.5 so they are going to stop and focus on class changes in new expansion IMVHO.
    oh my sweet summer child

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I think you're right about this as I had similar thoughts. It seems their major work on Legion is done and this post from Lore tells me they are working primarily on the next expansion now.

We will probably get a 7.3.5 but with very minor updates in 2018 and hopefully an expansion release by the summer or late Spring. It seems all but likely they will reveal the expansion at Blizzcon.
    How great they're done with a broken expansion. Class balance is trash, pvp is in the worst state its ever been in, lets not even get started on world pvp and how rogues can just kill you in 2 seconds. Such a great idea "wait till next expansion, trust us we'll get it this time".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

or you could read the front page
    how 7.3.2 is simply SOME OF THE STUFF coming in 7.3.5 and this is just "some of the stuff" they want us to test now, and put up on the PTR, the rest will come later.
    You're showing a blue post that the OP isn't talking about. That one is irreverent to a later post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    How great they're done with a broken expansion. Class balance is trash, pvp is in the worst state its ever been in, lets not even get started on world pvp and how rogues can just kill you in 2 seconds. Such a great idea "wait till next expansion, trust us we'll get it this time".

- - - Updated - - -

You're showing a blue post that the OP isn't talking about. That one is irreverent to a later post.
    But it isnt, but whatever you wish
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    But it isnt, but whatever you wish
    It really is, you're not quoting the blue post he's referencing but expecting it to hold any water in the argument happening.

For reference, this is what he's talking about, not your garbage post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...?page=1#post-7

My personal hope/expectation is that Blizzcon will be announcing some of the rest of the current xpac and then telling us we are going into the void for next xpac.

My other thought is, even if 7.3.5 is the last of the new content, is that a bad thing? It means they are focusing their energies on the next xpac and hopefully making it as dope as possible. It gives time for altoholics like myself to catch everyone up, and gives players a chance to breathe and have fresh eyes for next xpac. I know this isn't what all players look for, but they can never make everyone happy. I do hope they throw in a few cool morsels but since they've revamped how they handle content, who knows what they will end up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by chocoluffer View Post
    My personal hope/expectation is that Blizzcon will be announcing some of the rest of the current xpac and then telling us we are going into the void for next xpac.

My other thought is, even if 7.3.5 is the last of the new content, is that a bad thing? It means they are focusing their energies on the next xpac and hopefully making it as dope as possible. It gives time for altoholics like myself to catch everyone up, and gives players a chance to breathe and have fresh eyes for next xpac. I know this isn't what all players look for, but they can never make everyone happy. I do hope they throw in a few cool morsels but since they've revamped how they handle content, who knows what they will end up doing.
    Well, a "breather" goes against the promised "no drought". Then again, few believed there wouldn't be one.

Frankly I think if they do add anything else it will either be a system that is fairly simple they've done before, like the old Valor upgrade system where they can just basically plop a vendor down, or it will be something small that just leads into the next expansion, similar to the " end is near " guys around towns.

We may see them make a few class adjustments here and there, but I do think the bulk of Legion is done once the raid hits. I definitely don't see any new zones being added or anything like that, unless it's something that is going to be used in the next expansion.

The fantasy is that, at some point in a few months (maybe for Blizzcon) blizzards huge announcement is that the final boss (and final post-antonus mini raid) of the expansion is actually Sargeras.