Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wait... So... I can report people for not switching for the field of the battle? Man, should've known, so many times I could've reported a WM, or when suddenly too many tanks or the wrong heal combo.
    Yea u could report for to many tanks. It's the act of it clearly not working and refusing to switch which is the commonality in the 2 baned cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    2 people got banned for refusing to switch effectively and maining only 1 char
    did they get banned for not switching, or did they get banned for being toxic about not switching. There is a huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea u could report for to many tanks. It's the act of it clearly not working and refusing to switch which is the commonality in the 2 baned cases.
    Smells possible abuse as well though.

Well, now I know I can report... Wonder if people do it because they can't go said class then..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    did they get banned for not switching, or did they get banned for being toxic about not switching. There is a huge difference.
    Actually, that does change the playing field big time. Also more in connection with the last statement about toxicity.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    By the wording of the blizz email lehia got you can be punished for anything the community deems toxic

If you regard disagreeing with some one else's point of view as "trolling" then there is no helping you really. I would encourage you not to take part in discussions in an opinion based game, further more stepping outside your front door in to the real world could be hazardous. Despite breaking no rules stated in the official overwatch rules you still some how think I'm going to be banned well each to their own I guess

Deleted
    That's the thing you can't tell. From the email lehia put all it has a lecture on how it's a team game and not about one hero so going off that I'd say it's for not switching

10+ Year Old Account
    By the wording of the blizz email lehia got you can be punished for anything the community deems toxic
    Waaaaait, who recieved an email? Found the mail.

So, you technically can't be reported for being Torb on attack but reported because people don't like it? So, technically, there is a chance you could be reported for being better than the ones reporting?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ranked Play or Quick Match? In a Ranked game, you should be trying to win, which will include switching characters as needed in a reasonable fashion.

Quick Match? Play whatever the fuck you want, how you want.

Is any of this actionable by Blizzard? No idea. I'd think not, but who knows. I'd say it's courteous though to try and win the game in a mode where there is a tangible record system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    If you regard disagreeing with some one else's point of view as "trolling" then there is no helping you really. I would encourage you not to take part in discussions in an opinion based game, further more stepping outside your front door in to the real world could be hazardous. Despite breaking no rules stated in the official overwatch rules you still some how think I'm going to be banned well each to their own I guess
    You will also why are you still here you got your answer from lehia and the one. Dude got banned for, you don't belive it / care / think ur special w/e good luck to you and hop I never get matched with you. Yea I think your a troll because you play a attack torb. And so does most of the overwatch community hence why you get so much crap. #dealwithit

Blizzard says it is aparantly

- - - Updated - - -

Again not reading my posts and you wonder why I don't like you ( seems to be common from what you say)

The team decides what the team needs together befor the games Mabie if you didn't wind you team up you might witness proper picking instead of a pre phase of getting insulted

Overwatch is a competitive game if I want to relax I'd play candy crush or some shit. It's people like you that make people angry and salty but you so high and mighty you don't see you are the problem and the cause of so much anger take you out of any one of the salty teams you seem to be so unlucky to be matched with and you will see them play friendly and well.

If your getting so many complaints Mabie just Mabie it's your fault not there's. Do you know how many games I've had with a salty team about 3 in the whole of my time playing and each time it was due to an instant lock on a sub optimal char and they refused to switch and it wasn't even me that said anything the rest of the team did and guess what we got tilted and lost.
    No they don't. You can be reported for poor teamwork, which Blizz elaborates by stating "poor teamwork does not mean picking a character you don't like (paraphrasing)."
    Picking Torb is not poor teamwork. Picking Torb and/or placing turrets outside your own spawn, emoting at the enemy team nonstop and letting them get easy, free kills, running around the map avoiding teamfights, to name a few, is poor teamwork.
    The team doesn't decide what's best, they discuss what's best. For instance, if we have Zarya, Rein, Lucio, Mercy, and 76, we discuss a McCree being a good addition or even Pharah, and that last person picks Mei, they are not suddenly reportable for trolling.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-10-05 at 04:04 PM.

Is playing torb in attack a reportable offence I'm really scared COs 6 pple reported for me for playing him and I don't want to get banned also if I refuse to switch will I get banned. Also does blizzard voice record games because some guy told me to suck his dick and said my mum is a fat whore these are not nice things can I report him for this ? I feel like I'm being constantly abused and this upsets me
    Was he wrong about the things he said? Sounds like you aren’t very good at Torb and need to sack up.

Deleted
    Waaaaait, who recieved an email? Found the mail.

So, you technically can't be reported for being Torb on attack but reported because people don't like it? So, technically, there is a chance you could be reported for being better than the ones reporting?
    Essentially it seems. Ofc we don't know the specifics. How bad is lehia at widow? How obvious was it she should switch? How much did it impact the team and what was her response to the requests to switch e.t.c

10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially it seems. Ofc we don't know the specifics. How bad is lehia at widow? How obvious was it she should switch? How much did it impact the team and what was her response to the requests to switch e.t.c
    Reason I say, smells as much as an abusive chance as an attempt at fixing things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No they don't. You can be reported for poor teamwork, which Blizz elaborates by stating "poor teamwork does not mean picking a character you don't like (paraphrasing)."
    Picking Torb is not poor teamwork. Picking Torb and/or placing turrets outside your own spawn, emoting at the enemy team nonstop and letting them get easy, free kills, running around the map avoiding teamfights, to name a few, is poor teamwork.
    The team doesn't decide what's best, they discuss what's best. For instance, if we have Zarya, Rein, Lucio, Mercy, and 76, we discuss a McCree being a good addition or even Pharah, and that past person picks Mei, they are not suddenly reportable for trolling.
    And yet we have two posts showing bans just for not switching.

- - - Updated - - -

Reason I say, smells as much as an abusive chance as an attempt at fixing things.
    Yea but we have 2 cases been shown so far. If it was a one of I'd be inclined to say it's a salty blizz employee

Deleted

Full article on Kotaku

note the part at the bottom
    "you can play any hero you want"

yet on the same page, there is another response from another GM that says that refusal to switch is indeed toxic.#

Would seem that Blizzard dont have any set rules regarding this, and would be down to the individual GM's that deal with it.

Another reason to add to the many why I dont play ranked games.

It's just chat bans, big whoop. There was a guy who climbed to masters/gm playing only torb and suffered through like 8 of them even though he had a positive win rate. The community of overwatch blows and never looks outside the box.

OP keep doing what your doing, it won't end in anything more than a chat ban, no matter how bad it gets. (And they've overturned more of these bans then they've kept)

Deleted

Full article on Kotaku

note the part at the bottom
    "you can play any hero you want"

yet on the same page, there is another response from another GM that says that refusal to switch is indeed toxic.#

Would seem that Blizzard dont have any set rules regarding this, and would be down to the individual GM's that deal with it.

Another reason to add to the many why I dont play ranked games.
    So it's gm discretion on if not switching is punishable or not. We need an upvote system :/ cos this one post covers it

Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    Was he wrong about the things he said? Sounds like you aren’t very good at Torb and need to sack up.
    Yeh he was wrong I actually thought I played attack torb very well its all subjective I know gold medals apparently don't mean anything if your playing torb but they do for other heros funny that. Even when I win with attack torb I get verbal abuse and death threats you wouldn't believe. That's why I wondered if anyone knew if they record the in game voice chats or can pple literally say anything they like?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's just chat bans, big whoop. There was a guy who climbed to masters/gm playing only torb and suffered through like 8 of them even though he had a positive win rate. The community of overwatch blows and never looks outside the box.

OP keep doing what your doing, it won't end in anything more than a chat ban, no matter how bad it gets. (And they've overturned more of these bans then they've kept)
    It escalates if the Gm sees you haven't learnt. I had chat bans turn into time bans in wow :/

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh he was wrong I actually thought I played attack torb very well its all subjective I know gold medals apparently don't mean anything if your playing torb but they do for other heros funny that. Even when I win with attack torb I get verbal abuse and death threats you wouldn't believe. That's why I wondered if anyone knew if they record the in game voice chats or can pple literally say anything they like?

Voice chat is not recorded I belive due to eu laws. But don't quote me on that but half rember reading something about it.

Also read Sigma post there's blizzards official stance as you like official things. Should answer all your questions and tell you what framework your working within

- - - Updated - - -

Also gold medals are relative for every char. It's rank of you performance vs the rest of your team. Hence if youre team is terrible you can still get golds without actually being any good. Hence why it can't be taken as a reliable metric for how well you actually played only how well you relatively played

Also gold medals are relative for every char. It's rank of you performance vs the rest of your team. Hence if youre team is terrible you can still get golds without actually being any good. Hence why it can't be taken as a reliable metric for how well you actually played only how well you relatively played
    Also have to consider what the objective of the map is when looking at golds. On payload offense specifically the only golds worth mentioning are object time/kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.