Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Binding Heal is (almost) perfect

The fact that I cannot target myself just pisses me off to insanity and back.
    You?

Deleted
    for why though

But the only reason Binding heal is good is because it heals you in addition to your target and 1 other. How else would you want it? Just, your target and 2 other injured friendlies nearby? That's too smart-healy for blizzard's comfort zone, and I dont think that'll ever happen.

i don't think thats the intention of the spell binding should be between someone else and you, if you want to heal yourself use a spell that only heals you?

and if you want to just heal yourself and it randomly heal another well blizzard doesn't like that kind of smart healing, you should be the one to be smart and heal the correct targets not be lazy and let the game do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    your target and 2 other injured friendlies nearby? That's too smart-healy for blizzard's comfort zone, and I dont think that'll ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i don't think thats the intention of the spell binding should be between someone else and you, if you want to heal yourself use a spell that only heals you?

and if you want to just heal yourself and it randomly heal another well blizzard doesn't like that kind of smart healing, you should be the one to be smart and heal the correct targets not be lazy and let the game do it for you.
    how about monks' Vivify?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    But the only reason Binding heal is good is because it heals you in addition to your target and 1 other. How else would you want it? Just, your target and 2 other injured friendlies nearby? That's too smart-healy for blizzard's comfort zone, and I dont think that'll ever happen.
    Vivify? /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Exactly

I really hope this is a discussion for the fun of it, and it's not serious. Almost the entire wow population is complaining about class identity loss and here we are complaining about priests not having vivify, on a spell which always healed the priest (binding heal used to heal ONE target and you).

Sorry but no, making Binding heal like vivify would make the spell way too powerful, considering that it interacts with BOTH word spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    how about monks' Vivify?

- - - Updated - - -

Vivify? /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly
    Well, you can have it for double the mana cost. Anyways, why would you want it to work like that when you have PoH for as smart AoE healing? It will work just like vivify but on more targets, when you need single-targeted light-medium healing you throw bindings. I'm just confused with purpose of this, you have PoH that heals target +4, you want Binding to heal target +2, instead of target+you+1. Why? If you want to heal one person throw a heal or flash, if you want to heal target and someone else - throw binding. As a nice bonus you heal yourself. For like 2% of mana and resets on your Words it's a bargain already. For more AoE you have PoH, CoH and PoM
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-10-06 at 08:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

@Charge me Doctor : PoH is not smart AoE healing, is not even semi smart (healing injured targets). PoH is 1+4 closest to the target (injured or not).

But it really doesn't matter. Holy priests are about raw healing, giving them smart healing would make the OP. Monks do not have the raw healing power of priests, so them having smart or semi-smart heals is needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, you can have it for double the mana cost.
    yea I agree. the spell not auto targeting yourself requires the mana cost of the spell to be doubled.

too op otherwise ))))))))))))))))

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For "self targeting", just make a macro that use Flash Heal casting on yourself. Way too annoying otherwise, when there's a big damage on the raid and I forget that his tiny square is actually myself.

Deleted
    Binding heal has been in the game much longer than Vivify so for those saying that its like Vivify its the other way around. Though its ability to heal a 3rd target was a added as a glyph in MoP.

Deleted
    Binding heal is still our best heal

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    The fact that I cannot target myself just pisses me off to insanity and back.
    You?
    Well, I would be ok with binding heal just healing myself and one random target instead of myself, the target, and another random one just to get rid of the annoyance of having to get the spell off my cursor whenever I happen to be distracted and try to cast it on myself by mistake.
    The reduced efficiency should be enough of a punishment, no need to have the spell stick to the cursor and prevent mouseover casting of other spells until you get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Well, I would be ok with binding heal just healing myself and one random target instead of myself, the target, and another random one just to get rid of the annoyance of having to get the spell off my cursor whenever I happen to be distracted and try to cast it on myself by mistake.
    The reduced efficiency should be enough of a punishment, no need to have the spell stick to the cursor and prevent mouseover casting of other spells until you get rid of it.
    this x100
    thank you!

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /use [@Mouseover,help,nodead] Binding Heal
    /stopspelltarget

ur welcome

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    #showtooltip
    /use @mouseover,help,nodead] Binding Heal
    /stopspelltarget

ur welcome
    I prefer this macro better, uses binding heal on what your mouse is over if you're talented in binding heal, and flash heal if your mouse is on yourself.
    If you're not talented for binding heal it casts Flash heal on what your mouse is over.

/cast [talent:5/2, @mouseover] Binding Heal
    /cast @mouseover] Flash Heal

Deleted
    you want flash heal individually bound so that's redundant

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    you want flash heal individually bound so that's redundant
    Redundant, but alleviates the problem people apparently have by somehow casting it on themselves so often they would rather nerf the spell than figure out what they're doing.

#showtooltip
    /use [@Mouseover,help,nodead] Binding Heal
    /stopspelltarget

ur welcome
    Yes I know, however, if macros such like this are needed as a workaround for something that should be baseline then that is simply bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Redundant, but alleviates the problem people apparently have by somehow casting it on themselves so often they would rather nerf the spell than figure out what they're doing.
    Wouldn't be a nerf.
    Who claimed they have this problem "so often" other than you? Are you projecting?

Edit: Rereading my post I should clarify: The part starting with "whenever" refers to everything before in that sentence, not just to the very last part. That should have been clear from context. I apologise for my bad English, in my first language the sentence would have looked exactly the same but been perfectly clear about what refers to what.

Obviously standard behaviour when not targeting yourself should remain the same, just the "punishment" for self-targeting should change to an efficiency one instead of an annoyance.
    Punishment for bad play should always be dealt with by in-game effects, not with shortcomings of the user interface, because the latter breaks immersion and is bad game design. Thus sub-optimal targeting should result in reduced efficiency, not in spells stuck to the cursor unless one programs some macro to avoid it.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-11-08 at 01:16 PM.