Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mafia 94 Signup - Mao

All right, I don't see anyone else starting a game, so I shall.

The theme of this mafia game is Mao
    Rule #1: The only rule I can tell you is this one.

If you want to play in this upcoming game, just say so in this thread!

New players are always welcome, but know that this will be a slightly different experience than previous games of mafia run on this site. As a starting experience game, this will be the deep end of the pool. But it might be fun nonetheless, and if you want to join, now is a great time! I expect the game will last for about ~2-3 weeks depending on signup, so you must be around for that period of time.

Old players are of course also welcome, but know that this will be a very meta game of mafia. You will need to think outside the box, and you should be aware that this game is gonna be very different from anything I have run before. I promise my next game will be back to old game design territory - but this one is all different. This is what happens when I throw a game together in a week.

Either way - I hope it will be fun for everyone! I know it will be fun for the primary intended audience - myself. That said, I have not done my job properly unless you finish this game hating my guts. For those wondering if this will be some sort of bastard hell game - it is a standard game with unusual rules, and I promise I will not lie about anything - but if you expect standard you will think this game is indeed bastardry. Bottom line - you had your chance to make another game happen - and you failed at it.

I anticipate the game starting on sunday morning, europe time. I would have started it on saturday morning, but I am gonna be super busy until sunday, so sunday it is!

Signed up players:
    - Blood Fox
    - Celtic
    - Crackleslap
    - Dupti
    - Graeham
    - Kryllian
    - Listo95
    - Marack
    - Valyrian the Mafia Boss

Mostly signed up players:
    - Largehorn

Dropped by to explicitly tell us they didn't like us anymore -players:
    - Crissi (yeah yeah, dead thread it is)
    - A-sayo
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-10-28 at 12:06 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Well... I'm going to let everyone else who wants to play decided if I sign up.

I'll be at a trade show Tuesday. I'll be flying to that trade show on Monday. I then fly to Anaheim on Wednesday for Blizzcon.

I'm not going to have a lot of time this next week but if you need people and/or everyone is okay with that, please sign me up.

Sign me up, please!

7+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up.

Vote: Graeham

7+ Year Old Account
    @Largehorn For getting to go to Blizzcon in person you should be punished...

But should that be to vote you off early or make you play between panels distracting you...hmmm

oh and sign me up

10+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up.

Sign @listo95 up too. I feel like someone wants to come after me.

- - - Updated - - -

This Blizzcon will be hype unlike previous years. New expac, probably overwatch crap and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    @Largehorn For getting to go to Blizzcon in person you should be punished...

But should that be to vote you off early or make you play between panels distracting you...hmmm

oh and sign me up
    Heh... yeah... XD

10+ Year Old Account
    One can hope for Warcraft 4? Sweet baby jesus, Warcraft 4 will make me cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I'd say not likely. Not without a very large time jump (and RTSs just aren't as popular as they used to be). And that's despite wanting a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I'd say not likely. Not without a very large time jump (and RTSs just aren't as popular as they used to be). And that's despite wanting a new one.
    I played the shit out of Warcraft 3 custom games. Hence me being a huge dota 2 nerd. Loved them a lot! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    That would be nice, but... I doubt it. It would directly compete with the story of world of warcraft.
    Unless you set it back in the age of sundering time period or something.

Also, from a business perspective, RTS games have a bit of a dead spot right now. The level of play is so high that normal people cannot compete. It makes it, unlike Hearthstone, a very elitist arena for e-sports and all that buzzword shit that Blizzard seems to care about. There is a big but dwindling competitive RTS scene out there, but blizzard already owns it through starcraft II. I think it would be different if the genre had a realistic competitor.

One day

My prediction:
    We'll see a new WoW expansion; and it will be the meat of the event.
    We'll see a new Overwatch hero and a new map.
    We'll see some nominal bells and whistles added to Starcraft 2. Minor stuff.
    We'll see some nominal bells and whistles added to Hearthstone. Minor stuff, like a new part of that cult brainwash style video they released in august.
    There will be nothing for Diablo 3. They are likely making Diablo 4, but it will take years until it is released.
    We'll probably see a new mobile game being talked about. Or maybe next year. And it'll likely be farmville with blizzard polish. Meh.

But hey. Wow expansion. Can't complain!
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-10-25 at 03:50 PM.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was the very first expansion that failed to make me return to the game. Hoping the next one interests me!

Legion was IMO the expansion that revived WoW.

In Cataclysm, I finished the levelling (a harrowing experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 85 and... nothing. I couldn't do dungeons (holypriest, I was kicked on sight). I couldn't do raids (not opened yet). I couldn't do questing (finished them all while levelling). So I spent th enext 2 weeks doing the revamped levelling zones. It was good stuff. But hardly content fit for my lvl 85 holypriest.

In MoP, I finished levelling (a much better experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 90, and... dailies I guess. Lots and lots of dailies. Dungeons were okay. I stopped raiding at that point. I loved the visuals, but gameplaywise, MoP was all about dailies. What had me going was the story. It was pretty awesome actually.

In WoD, I finished levelling (a great experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 100, and... I guess I was playing farmville now. Only 16 more hours until some arbitrary timer times out. Yaaaay. The dungeons were good though. Especially the grimrail depot. Then wait a year for a patch with content, enjoy it, wait another year for the last patch. Disappointing, seriously.

In Legion, I finished levelling (a very great experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 110, and ... it did much like WoD, but there were reasons to not camp your mission table this time around. And that made all the difference. Legendary RNG sucks balls, but the rest of the expansion was brilliant (maybe except the "big patch" 7.2, which was a major letdown after the amazing "minor patch" 7.1.5; but still better than all of WoD's patches combined). Point is, Legion released quality content updates on a very regular schedule. And that makes it awesome.

When it comes to Blizzard games I'm only really interested in Overwatch these days. (Listo and I ended up a random game together, once! That was pretty neat.)

I'd love a Diablo or Starcraft MMO but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

7+ Year Old Account
    They've already indicated there isn't anything exciting to report for Diablo so don't expect anything on that game.

I'd laugh if they weren't planning an exac announcement on WoW for Blizzcon and are scrambling with all of the websites stating they HAVE to announce it. I imagine Ion and Lore running around freaking out. But yeah, that should be the bulk of the WoW talk.

The other games don't interest me so :-P

Oh, I'll also be away on vacation from November 2nd - 6th. I assume the game will still be running at that point? I'll still be able to post from my phone, just not as often as I usually do.

Deleted
    Vote Danner

Signing up

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Legion was IMO the expansion that revived WoW.

In Cataclysm, I finished the levelling (a harrowing experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 85 and... nothing. I couldn't do dungeons (holypriest, I was kicked on sight). I couldn't do raids (not opened yet). I couldn't do questing (finished them all while levelling). So I spent th enext 2 weeks doing the revamped levelling zones. It was good stuff. But hardly content fit for my lvl 85 holypriest.

In MoP, I finished levelling (a much better experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 90, and... dailies I guess. Lots and lots of dailies. Dungeons were okay. I stopped raiding at that point. I loved the visuals, but gameplaywise, MoP was all about dailies. What had me going was the story. It was pretty awesome actually.

In WoD, I finished levelling (a great experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 100, and... I guess I was playing farmville now. Only 16 more hours until some arbitrary timer times out. Yaaaay. The dungeons were good though. Especially the grimrail depot. Then wait a year for a patch with content, enjoy it, wait another year for the last patch. Disappointing, seriously.

In Legion, I finished levelling (a very great experience as a holypriest), reached lvl 110, and ... it did much like WoD, but there were reasons to not camp your mission table this time around. And that made all the difference. Legendary RNG sucks balls, but the rest of the expansion was brilliant (maybe except the "big patch" 7.2, which was a major letdown after the amazing "minor patch" 7.1.5; but still better than all of WoD's patches combined). Point is, Legion released quality content updates on a very regular schedule. And that makes it awesome.
    The funny thing about this post is that I find myself agreeing with most of it...

Though I haven't stopped raiding and most of those had patches where Guardian was what could only be described as "OP-as-fuck". I really enjoyed the fact that I didn't kill a heroic dungeon boss on my druid for like 2 weeks after hitting 85.

Mists is where I really started burning out though... I was raiding on 2 toons; min/maxing on both of them... and those dailies. Oh god those dailies...

WOD... leveling was great, when raiding started was pretty enjoyable. There just wasn't anything else to do. Grimrail was AWESOME but you really only could do it so many times before even it got tiring. Thank god for D3, Hearthstone, and HoTS or I probably would have checked out completely. All I did was log in to launch my missions and raid then promptly log out.

Legion though, I enjoy logging even just to do wqs. The "stackable" three days of emissaries lets me be like "nah I'm not going to worry about them today" and I was lucky and got opening strong legendaries for my bear first. Sephaz was literally my last legendary as Guardian. With the changes my "main" alt, is only 2 concordance points beyond my bear. Things are good. I don't think the story is quite as good as it's been in previous expansions, but I think I enjoy where things are currently going. I really think that I've enjoyed Legion of every expac, but I think that's because I've also not had some shit thing happen in my life yet this one ~.^

7+ Year Old Account
    Likely to see new heroes/skins/maps for HoTS as well as the tournament for it.