Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

N'Zoth's location isn't a mystery

I've seen all kinds of crazy theories about N'Zoth's location: from the Tomb of Sargeras and the Maelstrom to... Deepholm. Because "the circle of stars" can't mean anything else, right? But the thing is that one of the maps from Chronicle vol.1 (2016) clearly shows the location of the prison prior to the Sundering. And if it didn't get a Kul Tiras treatment with some tectonic plates shenanigans, it has to remain in that very place - which is somewhere around modern Vashj'ir. A video comparison of the maps for those interested in the topic.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mystery-solved

I think that Blizzard could even make N'Zoth hiding on the Zandalar...

The map of Azeroth in WoW doesn't really shows us the true location of N'zoth, the continents are moving and the scale is different.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-10-21 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Seriously, the skybox on Deephom is people looking too deeply into it. Theres nothing there. Purelly accidental.

But we do know that N'zoth is under the sea. Look at his card art in Hearthstone. He is definitly Sea related.

Keep in mind that where Vashj'ir is on the in-game map is where Kul Tiras is depicted in Chronicle (and where it was always depicted in the RTS games).

7+ Year Old Account
    well things changed with the sundering. then again with cata
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    Keep in mind that where Vashj'ir is on the in-game map is where Kul Tiras is depicted in Chronicle (and where it was always depicted in the RTS games).
    I am willing to bet with like 90% certainty that Kul'tiras will be small enough to actually fit where it belongs OR end up in the ocean further out. Even better if they build it over Vashjr and just expand the zone.

Assuming N'zoth is still in his prison.

Deleted
    You know... what's funny is that it's the same general area where Kul'tiras should be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Good. Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Look at his card art in Hearthstone.
    HS is not canon in WoW.

Though he's 99% sure to be related with the sea/oceans/water/maybe squids.

Seriously, the skybox on Deephom is people looking too deeply into it. Theres nothing there. Purelly accidental.
    Wouldn't say so, though I'm not sure if that's his location. But still a nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    well things changed with the sundering. then again with cata
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    Exactly, things really changed. The positions of the continents, the maps etc.

He isn't, didn't Blizzard state that already?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-10-21 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am willing to bet with like 90% certainty that Kul'tiras will be small enough to actually fit where it belongs OR end up in the ocean further out. Even better if they build it over Vashjr and just expand the zone.
    What I'm sort of expecting (assuming Kul Tiras is part of next expansion) is that the world map will show Kul Tiras and the Channel Islands next to EK, while Vashj'ir zone will only be visible from the EK map. But Channel Islands will be a separate instance, EK won't be visible despite being adjacent lorewise (like current Tol Barad).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    I've seen all kinds of crazy theories about N'Zoth's location: from the Tomb of Sargeras and the Maelstrom to... Deepholm. Because "the circle of stars" can't mean anything else, right? But the thing is that one of the maps from Chronicle vol.1 (2016) clearly shows the location of the prison prior to the Sundering. And if it didn't get a Kul Tiras treatment with some tectonic plates shenanigans, it has to remain in that very place - which is somewhere around modern Vashj'ir. A video comparison of the maps for those interested in the topic.
    If he sunk then he could've drifted with his prison somewhere else. Depends on what his prison looks like exactly. C'thun was imprisoned in Ahn'Qiraj and Yogg-Saron in Ulduar. Imagine those places getting sundered and sinking to the ground. Would they still be imprisoned? How much of those places would still be intact underwater? If they were completely destroyed, what would even be left to keep him imprisoned? So maybe if N'zoth is still imprisoned, it's a kind of prison that endured the Sundering and is now underwater. If it is small enough, it could've drifted away, maybe getting pulled in by the Maelstrom or even carried away by followers who are seeking a way to free him.

Then he could be anywhere. I'm still betting on Ny'alotha.

- - - Updated - - -

But we do know that N'zoth is under the sea. Look at his card art in Hearthstone. He is definitly Sea related.
    What? They referenced the circle of stars because they knew there was a circle of stars there visible. It was a very obvious hint. And N'zoth is connected thematically to the Maelstrom and Deepholm, because Deathwing got corrupted exactly because of the time he spent there being so close to N'zoth.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-10-21 at 09:54 PM.

Given that several critical Earth changing events have taken place I think you are underestimating the amount the prison itself might have moved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    If he sunk then he could've drifted with his prison somewhere else. Depends on what his prison looks like exactly. C'thun was imprisoned in Ahn'Quiraj and Yogg-Saron in Ulduar. Imagine those places getting sundered and sinking to the ground. Would they still be imprisoned? How much of those places would still be intact underwater? If they were completely destroyed, what would even be left to keep him imprisoned? So maybe if N'zoth is still imprisoned, it's a kind of prison that endured the Sundering and is now underwater. If it is small enough, it could've drifted away, maybe getting pulled in by the Maelstrom or even carried away by followers who are seeking a way to free him.

Then he could be anywhere. I'm still betting on Ny'alotha.

- - - Updated - - -

What? They referenced the circle of stars because they knew there was a circle of stars there visible. It was a very obvious hint. And N'zoth is connected thematically to the Maelstrom and Deepholm, because Deathwing got corrupted exactly because of the time he spent there being so close to N'zoth.
    There is a circle of stars, but there is no N'zoth there. And it was people looking too deeply into it and they incorporated it in a puzzle.
    Deathwings corruption happened before he went into Deepholm btw.

Deleted
    There is a circle of stars, but there is no N'zoth there.
    Source needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Deathwings corruption happened before he went into Deepholm btw.
    Nope. Metzen said at Blizzcon 2009 when they introduced Cataclysm that his proximity to the earth as the earthwarder in Deepholm made him vulnerable to the whispers of the Old Gods and it's what corrupted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    HS is not canon in WoW.

Though he's 99% sure to be related with the sea/oceans/water/maybe squids.

Wouldn't say so, though I'm not sure if that's his location. But still a nice find.

Exactly, things really changed. The positions of the continents, the maps etc.

He isn't, didn't Blizzard state that already?
    He is still in his Prison. He's just breaking out of his last fucking Chain.

Honestly, I think Silithus will shake the planet enough to break his chain. Fuck me, if that's the case...

Never loved Vashj'ir. Was terrifying.

NO WONDER I HATED IT SO MUCH!

You know who would know? Odyn and the Titan Keepers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if that giant chamber beneath the Fallen Avatar was N'zoth's prison and he swiftly escaped without no one noticing?

What if the designated personel (aka the two maidens residing there) were so drunk with the fel from the avatar that they didn't even notice the gigantic terror octopus sliding away into some crack in the inferior chamber, to hide into Ny'alotha?

What if, even if they detected the escape attempt, they didn't notify the current Prime Designate, because they were allucinating, and they thought that their prisioner was the Avatar, instead of the Old God? (Thanks, Guardian).

What if they thought that the Prime Designate was still Odyn, but he couldn't answer the phone because of his banishment?

What if, even if the Loken got a menssage saying "THE THING IS BREAKING OUT, TITANS HAVE MERCY", he didn't give a fuck because Yogg-Saron was messing with his will?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    What if that giant chamber beneath the Fallen Avatar was N'zoth's prison and he swiftly escaped without no one noticing?

What if the designated personel (aka the two maidens residing there) were so drunk with the fel from the avatar that they didn't even notice the gigantic terror octopus sliding away into some crack in the inferior chamber, to hide into Ny'alotha?

What if, even if they detected the escape attempt, they didn't notify the current Prime Designate, because they were allucinating, and they thought that their prisioner was the Avatar, instead of the Old God? (Thanks, Guardian).
    It's pretty clear that at least the Maiden of Vigilance got messed with rather badly. Even during the fight she appears to be trying to warn us of something(and i don't think she's talking about the Avatar), but can't quite manage to get the message out.

Deleted
    Christ that would be such a good opening to the next expansion. have a small raid like ruby sanctum where we get into his prison fighting through 1 or 2 Naga and faceless bosses and its just empty. 0.o

On topic yeah we know where is prison is but same time its underwater and likely underground its challenging to get there