Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    To put it simply, clarity. If you have a quest log cluttered with dozens of quests, let alone hundreds of quests, it just sort of becomes a mess of stuff that you'll ignore, with no real direction.

I think if they could implement a really good sorting system and improve the UI more, it might be worth increasing the limits, but for now it's probably best to keep it on the lower side.

There really is something really weird about how the quests are sorted. It's way harder to find what you need than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I cant remember which, but there was an expansion that got rid of the quest limit, and Blizz said that they didn't like it cuz too many people felt like they had to do everything at once and the quest limit was a way to limit that, or something stupid like that iirc.
    That was MoP with the removal of daily caps (and ofc the over abundance of dailies). Personally I dont see the problem with the lack of quest limits. I have a lot of things I put on the back-burner. Especially slow-paced, grindy quests like any of the ones which require you to feed Khadgar's apexis addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    They keep saying they would like to address the reason for having a full quest log in the first place, but in the mean time, why not let people accumulate as many quests as they want? What does it matter if someone has a lot of quests in their log? I can see putting a limit of like 100 so people don't have absurd amounts of quests, but I don't see the big deal of letting people hold on to a lot of quests if they want.
    Why would you keep so many quests?

Limit was raised from 10 to 25, in TBC, and since then, I have not once hit the roof.... And I even do Loremaster like a religious fanatic..

Since dailies was converted do into WQs, you need even less space, as WQs do not go to quest log.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Couple of things here.

First, if you are struggling with the quest limit now, that means you are not completing quests that you could be. Sure there are some long ones or some time gated ones, but to fill up your log right now takes willfully not completing quests which you could be.

Next, if you did get more space and do not improve your quest maintenance practice, what will keep you from reaching the limit again and then asking for another systems change to allow for more space?

Less calculations for the servers to process 12 million people with 100 quests in their quest log.