Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    You need to learn some biology. Biology is a small factor. Obese people need to stop stuffing food up their mouths if they want to live a healthy life.
    Religious ppl should also stop stuffing false information to their head and to others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So we protect people from discrimination against their religion but we do nothing to protect fat people or anorexic people. I mean you choose you can't really help your biology so why are they not protected against discrimination?
    People who are very obese can count as disabled or physically challenged and would get help as a result. But in what way are the anorexic discriminated? They don’t really have any problems getting around or having access to things, unless EXTREMELY anorexic.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Religious ppl should also stop stuffing false information to their head and to others.
    What does religion have to do with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it started long before these days. she should rot in jail, feed her just enough to keep her alive, see how she likes all that fat melting away.

it's harsh, but i don't really care that its harsh. if they go back to doing it, they have to spend even longer, maybe quadruple the original sentence, in the hospital the next time it's reported.
    Unless the person wants change it's not goin to happen. Depression cannot be treated by locking someone up in a hospital against his/her own will.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    As someone who has been dealing with anorexia for more than 10 years now: What kind of discrimination are we facing?
    The fat community is actually "skinny" shaming is what the OP means. Then again so do a lot of people yet skinny shaming isn't a thing. He didn't mean literal anorexia as that has been an accepted disorder for a while. Funny thing is anorexia is a disorder and accepted to be such yet obesity is currently almost being removed from being a disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    What does religion have to do with this?
    Not much really, I just thought it was funny that you can use your biology logic to almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it started long before these days. she should rot in jail, feed her just enough to keep her alive, see how she likes all that fat melting away.

it's harsh, but i don't really care that its harsh. if they go back to doing it, they have to spend even longer, maybe quadruple the original sentence, in the hospital the next time it's reported.
    Sentence?
    Mentally ill people are not criminals, so you can not imprison them, unless they cause a danger to others. Otherwise you would strip people of very basic rights, their dignity. Which surely will help finding a solution. What comes next? Life in jail for three strikes vormiting your meal?

- - - Updated - - - Being obese is not by itself a disorder, however certain behaviours, which can lead to it are considered a disorder, like binge eating disorder.
    Last edited by josykay; 2017-11-08 at 03:46 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Op is the reverse of tenni, alteast tenni sometimes post interesting blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    agreed /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So we protect people from discrimination against their religion but we do nothing to protect fat people or anorexic people. I mean you choose you can't really help your biology so why are they not protected against discrimination?
    Fat is rarely caused by psychological issues, whereas anorexia is.

I'm starting to think this is a bait thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitt View Post
    Fat is rarely caused by psychological issues, whereas anorexia is.

I'm starting to think this is a bait thread...
    This isn't always true. Many people stress eat. Stress is psychological.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Seriously? Is this thread a thing? This is the laziest bait this week. Common guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but no. We're talking about protecting people's beliefs vs protecting people who don't take care of their body. I never understood why people are being taught to feel like it's ok to be overweight or underweight (anorexic). This is something that should not be accepted. What should be taught is how unhealthy it is to live that kind of lifestyle and unless they don't value their life it could shorten their lifespan and promote disabilities that could have been prevented if they would've just take care of their bodies better. Now you'll see stuff like overweight woman posing in two piece bikinis because they were told they look sexy and beautiful just the way they are. I'm sorry but they're filling you with false confidence and in my opinion that's worse than being told how fat/skinny you are. Being 300, 400, or 500 lbs. is not sexy or attractive in any way nor is looking like a skeleton with skin.

It's not a biological thing either. Fat people are fat because they eat too much and do nothing to burn it off. Skinny people are skinny because they're not eating enough and do nothing to gain muscle. It is something you can prevent. You're not born obese or anorexic it's an unhealthy habit people pick up when they get older. So don't give me that bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I never understood why people are being taught to feel like it's ok to be overweight or underweight (anorexic). This is something that should not be accepted. What should be taught is how unhealthy it is to live that kind of lifestyle and unless they don't value their life it could shorten their lifespan
    What? No one has ever been taught that it's "okay" or good to be anorexic. People are saying how unhealthy and dangerous it is all the time, and how it's a mental disorder that needs treatment etc. That's also why bans regarding super skinny models etc. are becoming more and more common, and why there are tons of campaigns teaching about the dangers. Because it's not accepted - and because people do not want to encourage it.
    Literally the only people who call it something good are the Pro-Ana folks, and they are a fringe group usually affected by it themselves.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-11-08 at 06:14 PM.

Lol this thread. This is my contribution and it's just as valid as the OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    To protect a group that group need first to be in some kind of danger from the outside world.
    Have you ever let a really fat lady roll over you?
    Exactly, fat people don't need protection.

Anorexic people are like slender men. I swear if I met an anorexic person in a dark corner I would run and not look back.
    Anorexic people don't need protection either.

Neither of groups are mentally challenged. So they can think for themselves and function just fine in the society.

Protection: denied!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just no. It's bad enough that people with make-believe sky friends are a "protected class". We don't need people who are just bad at life added to the mix.

Obesity and anorexia are considered diseases, with obesity being re-classified as a disorder by the AMA in 2013, and are therefore protected from employment discrimination according to the Americans with Disabilities act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    As someone who has been dealing with anorexia for more than 10 years now: What kind of discrimination are we facing?
    I am glad anorexia is all about you, I don't know how about the others who probably rather not be given shit for something that is a medical condition that very few actually know anything about.

OT:

I would say most wouldn't need protections if assholes could be targeted in the first place. Nobody is perfect and sure people have problems that society should have a real conversation about.

But in life most people can simply pick and choose their personal preferences without making their personal problem about everyone else.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

To be clear, Anorexia (and some sources of fat) are psychological issues, not biological. We do indeed have an issue as a society when we don't properly aid the people with these issues (ex: idiots making fun of fat people at the gym certainly doesn't help when the fat person is trying to deal with their body image issues)