Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unvote

That puts him at L-1 I think so I'll put him back to L-2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I'm a one time vigilante. On any particular night if decide too, I write a column to the newspaper and it is published. It describes why I am killing this person and what I think they've done. The following night after the column is published I kill the target.

Some other flavor: It was known that I was unknown, I posted the column anonymously. I also have a reputation of never failing. All times in the past I have a column published, the described target is always found dead the morning after.

So there's me! Your neighborhood vigilante!

Didn't want to have to claim, but there it is. Role's kinda meh in the early game because who the fuck knows who. But I'd thought it be nice if I could take it to the late game. But lets be real, I knew I was gonna be the target day 1. :P

Vote Count:

Crackleslap(5): Reticence (#22), Valyrian (#25), Largehorn (#41), Danner (#49), A-sayo (#60)
    Largehorn(4): Virothe (#14), Cruelle (#23), Crackleslap (#43), Kryllian (#55)
    listo(1): Marack (#19)
    Virothe(1): Graeham (#56)

Not voting (1): listo

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1
    Last edited by dupti; 2017-11-11 at 05:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that vote puts crackle at L-1 with 16 hours left in the day.

-I personally cannot vote for Danner, based on the pro-cat play.
    -I do like Ret's cat gif as well, so he will get a pass from me (for now)
    -A-sayo seems a little scummy putting Crackle at L-1 with this much time left in the day.
    -Virothe's anti-cat statements make me want to vote him, but 1st game back.

Unvote
    Vote: Largehorn

A 2nd option.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I should have refreshed

I'll buy Crackle's claim.

Vote: Listo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

Dear Concerned Citizen,

We see you are advocating the death of one of our most valued employees. We personally do not advise to do this as it may harm the reputation of this paper shall you go missing. We would be very thankful if you instead advocate the love of cats as our Listo95 does as well. If that is all you wish then we have nothing left to discuss.

Regards,
    The Daily Newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    -Virothe's anti-cat statements make me want to vote him, but 1st game back.
    Not really Anti-Cat, just Anti-Asshole.

I have a few literal scars from cats and I didn't even do anything to deserve them, The one was I was sitting on the couch petting him and instead of being like "k done" and leaving he started freaking out and cut my hand deep as hell.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

Ya, not that I don't believe Cracks claim, but you never let a claimed killer live. Twice as mafia I've played till near end game because people don't listen to this and I think one time I really was a vigilante bit I was terrible at it. Either way, generally better to lynch him instead of letting him one off and have to lynch him later cause he hit town or some noise.

Unvote

Got Crackle's claim out of it. He's a baddie Town, but a town nonetheless.
    Ain't voting for Listo, he's the Editor for the newspaper anyway. If he dies we won't have anything to read tomorrow !

Vote: Virothe

Such a disgrace. Cats must be treated with respect.

(That one always crack me up...old but gold)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Got Crackle's claim out of it. He's a baddie Town, but a town nonetheless.
    Ain't voting for Listo, he's the Editor for the newspaper anyway. If he dies we won't have anything to read tomorrow !
    Not sure why you would be proud you got a townie to claim, that's a pretty anti-town thing to do and being proud that you did it is just more fuel to the fire. I'm not sure how many games you got under your belt Sayo, so I'm not sure if this is conceit or inexperience but either way it says a lot.

As for "Bad Town" If you're "Bad Town" you're anti-town and should be viewed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Ya, not that I don't believe Cracks claim, but you never let a claimed killer live. Twice as mafia I've played till near end game because people don't listen to this and I think one time I really was a vigilante bit I was terrible at it. Either way, generally better to lynch him instead of letting him one off and have to lynch him later cause he hit town or some noise.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Not sure why you would be proud you got a townie to claim, that's a pretty anti-town thing to do and being proud that you did it is just more fuel to the fire. I'm not sure how many games you got under your belt Sayo, so I'm not sure if this is conceit or inexperience but either way it says a lot.

As for "Bad Town" If you're "Bad Town" you're anti-town and should be viewed as such.
    Re-read the post, didn't see any notion of proudness out of it. Just an interpretation out of you.
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a breaking issue of The Daily Newspaper!

Multiple wigs have gone missing. The supposed victims all claim that they were watching Fantasy by Superfruit featuring Amber Liu. Amber Liu better known as Amber from girl group f(x) is the reason these people have said. See for yourself if this causes your wig to go missing! This has been The Daily Newspaper Breaking Issue!

Re-read the post, didn't see any notion of proudness out of it. Just an interpretation out of you.
    Aight

Got Crackle's claim out of it.
    This statement right here only reads as pride, because there is nothing quoted for context. Meaning the only way to take this statement is at face value which isn't you showing remorse over pushing town.

Yes, you were replying to Marr pointing out that putting someone at L-1, which is the same person you're now giving a pass as "town" which is inherently even more suspicious of you that you 180 on the pretext of a Vigi claim that you find "believable" but still haven't clearly explained why you find it so.

I could go into insane detail about how your statement is nothing but prideful, but that sounds like a terribly boring waste of time. In the end the reality is that in your head it might have come out a little more nonchalant with some humor or something more attached to it, but it's not and it is what it is and what it is looks like you're taking credit for Cracks claim. Either way I've said my peace on this so...

Unvote
    Vote: Crackle

Sorry bud, if you are a vigi I hold by my policy.

Also

FoS:
    The crap out of A-Sayo

Unvote
    Vote: A-Sayo

Coz why not.

I don't really buy Crackleslap's claim. I buy one aspect of it though, but I shouldn't talk about what that is at this stage of the game.
    I can however say that his claim goes against my current and limited understanding of the game. Meaning I mostly believe he is lying scum.

But it's not impossible. He could be what he says he is, and my understanding is all off.

But the thing that irks me the most is the inconsistency of his claim. Let me highlight that in red.

Guys I'm a one time vigilante. On any particular night if decide too, I write a column to the newspaper and it is published. It describes why I am killing this person and what I think they've done. The following night after the column is published I kill the target.

Some other flavor: It was known that I was unknown, I posted the column anonymously. I also have a reputation of never failing. All times in the past I have a column published, the described target is always found dead the morning after.

So I think I will let my vote stay where it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Doh! Missed the quote tags. Oh well, you see what is Crackle's words and my words well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm. I guess it is consistent if the newspaper comes out at day. What kind of newspaper comes out at day?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess from a reader's point of view, it does....
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    So you tell the person your killing them in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post

So there's me! Your neighborhood vigilante!
    That doesn't sound like a vigilante role. It sounds more like a strongman role. In my experience a strongman role is pretty much always aligned with mafia/SK.

unvote

Vote: Crackleslap

If this game was bigger I wouldn't be voting for you right now, I'd be angling to see how we could use you, but with 12 I don't feel comfortable taking the risk. Sorry Crackle.

Dear Editor,

Today is a rough day. I was getting used to having a simple, quiet life for a change. Yet, since this morning, everything started going south. Neighbours are threatening each other, Game of Chairs Season 8 is over, the beer was stolen...My flair knows things will get worse as time passes on if we do not do something about it. This town need some positivity in this dire time. I hope and I know you are capable of doing it. Please, for the sake of Peace, We are counting on you.

A very concerned but lovable Reader.

Deleted
    2 hours to go need to get a lynch off please.

Unvote

I wanted to give Crackle a pass since it seemed like people were ganging up on him based on the events of the two previous games. I can understand why that may have been the case but it isn't something I like doing myself as it feels like poor sportsmanship. On the other hand, Crackle's claim makes me wary. Not because I doubt it necessarily but because I feel like a Vigilante type role risks doing more harm than good. Both in terms of the risk of hitting Town and due to the habit of making most debate about them once they're outed. Even if we gave Crackle the benefit of the doubt I feel like D2 would allow scum to slip into the shadows because many players would inevitably be suspicious of Crackle due to his role. It's also possible that Crackle is lying, of course - and that he's either scum or some sort of third party role.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Graeham they may have started based on last games, but the evidence is on the table now. A claimed killing role. At least 1 person feels there are some inconsistency in his claim

Unvote

FoS: Graeham