Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy.
    Source please. Since this is the point as to why you hate the cinematic if you can't cough up a source, your opinion would be crap.

You want some cheese to go with all that whine?

I disagree, the worst cinematic was TBC imo.

Battle for Azeroth as in protecting the Titan deity, not squabbling over land ownership. As for the rest, I know everyone is entitled to an opinion. That doesn't mean it's an accurate opinion. See, you're basing your entire perspective of an expansion on one trailer and some news bites. So it's not an informed opinion. Therefore, it's garbage.

Save the shit posting for when you play the actual expansion, until then you're just looking for attention. Which I've now given you. But that's OK, I'm a giving person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    WoW doesn't need to represent the main villain or 2nd to main villain in their cinematic anymore.
    Why exactly? the end content since TBC is always been raid, everyone assumed Illidan was the end raid in TBC and LK was end of Wrath and Deathwing end of Cata
    In fact I find that was a good point that i don't understand why they backed down on it, maybe because they fucked it in WoD? I know for SURE that I wouldn't buy MoP if I was told that end of it was raid my own capital and kill my own warchief, even if he went Greymane v2.0
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

"Azshara's the main Enemy"

Ahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.....

*Looks at N'zoth's Prison's Location*

*Looks at the Heart of Azeroth Trinket, with her Dreams and shit*

*Is the ONLY one that thinks she'll be the Final Boss*

Azshara's NO Main Villain...

Sorry, but it's true...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Battle for Azeroth as in protecting the Titan deity, not squabbling over land ownership. As for the rest, I know everyone is entitled to an opinion. That doesn't mean it's an accurate opinion. See, you're basing your entire perspective of an expansion on one trailer and some news bites. So it's not an informed opinion. Therefore, it's garbage.

Save the shit posting for when you play the actual expansion, until then you're just looking for attention. Which I've now given you. But that's OK, I'm a giving person.
    No actually I've been right before. I never wanted Garrisons and I thought they would be bad. They were. Legion has been fun so far but it's burning out and like I said idc what you think either so take your snowflake superpowers of "Wait and see" and shove them up your ass.

Whoever the final boss is they're going to build up to it. Putting Azshara in this cenematic would be like putting sha juiced up Garrosh in the MOP cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post

For me, it's going to be a reversed MoP...

it'll start off with the Alliance/Horde thing, think that this is what the Battle for Azeroth is...

But then, Azshara comes, then N'zoth comes, and we'll soon know what the true Battle for Azeroth is...

Then, at the end of the Day, we go to Azeroth's back side, to enter her Titan sleeping Area, so that we could fight her, and cleanse her from Corruption...

Notice how, in the Key Art, Sargeras is at the Back Side of Azeroth, looking down, with an Angered/Feared look...

Maybe he's looking at Azeroth's Titan, who's already been corrupted by the Void Energies that lay within...

:/

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Whoever the final boss is they're going to build up to it. Putting Azshara in this cenematic would be like putting sha juiced up Garrosh in the MOP cinematic.
    Pretty much N'zoth would be after Azshara I would think, but fuck logic. They did put Yogg in second raid patch in WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yeah...but...

Azshara's been already announced as a Boss...

Meanwhile, Garrosh being the Main Villain was never a thing back then...

No actually I've been right before. I never wanted Garrisons and I thought they would be bad. They were. Legion has been fun so far but it's burning out and like I said idc what you think either so take your snowflake superpowers of "Wait and see" and shove them up your ass.
    As opposed to your snowflake superpowers of "I'm right and you're wrong because I said so"?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    As opposed to your snowflake superpowers of "I'm right and you're wrong because I said so"?
    More like an educated guess but maybe you're not there yet?

Lets not get rude because nobody is sharing your point of view which is somewhat weak in the first place. Also, shrugging off the "Wait and see" is childish as you don't know what it's going to be like before it comes out unless you play the Beta. Thank you.

FYI: Stuff is supposed to come out your arse and most people don't have a donkey (ass).
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Yeah...but...

Azshara's been already announced as a Boss...

Meanwhile, Garrosh being the Main Villain was never a thing back then...
    Garrosh was intended as the last boss of MOP, they just didn't indicate it at first because they wanted it to actually be a surprise. Then people flipped out over pandas and they had to reveal it to placate peoples worries.

The point is, whoever the main villain is we don't know anything about what they're doing or their role int he story other than Azshara will be encountered. The whole leveling experience story is about getting the aid of zandalari/kul'tiras and fighting the other faction. And witht hem making these cinematics actual story events now, it makes sense to focus on something early in the expansion.

Loved the cinematic. Sold me on the xpac alone.

The thing about a pessimist's predictions is that they will perceive something as negative, even if it's not, just to validate their assumption. It's an unconscious massive ego stroke.

I'm curious, what have you negatively predicted about other expansions that wound up being awesome? Have you ever found yourself being wrong?

There is so many things wrong with the op's post.

You are allowed to have your opinion but that goes WAY beyond that.

I'd say this cinematic is in the middle of my rankings. It looks very pretty and all but from a story standpoint it didn't make much sense to me that right after they defeat Sargeras they are immediatly back at each others throats. There are probably good reasonings behind the assault on UC but it wasn't covered before I got to watch it, making this assault completely random without actually portraying what the next expansion is going to be. Sure there's faction war, but there's never going to be a proper conclusion to it. And the way they handled Sylvanas (who for some reason doesn't look rotten at all) felt to fan service-y for my taste. The way she screamed ''For the Horde!'' felt extremely forced. Though it was fun to see most of the classes at war with each other, kinda like a glorified PvP cinematic.

The worst one is easily MoP for me. It did PvP a lot worse than BFA and continued being ruined when Chen showed up for some comic relief.

Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy. We have one cool scene where Sylvanas goes full Banshee and just insta-kills. Anduin is a bitch so naturally he starts crying and some stupid miracle occurs. Sylvanas smiles for no reason and they keep fighting. Terrific. What can we gather from this?

#1 Blizzard is really at the point where this is going to be about Azshara or not. I'd love to see it go that way quickly but let's be honest. They drag it out.
    #2 This is looking really WODish right about now. No point to anything I've seen, cosmetic updates and some boring scenarios.
    #3 A fucking Necklace that you use...Azerite(seriously?) on to make 3 pieces of gear stronger or whatever.
    #4 Highmountain tauren suck. Reskin. We finally get some trolls that look like jungle trolls and aren't flamingos with ugly faces. Sorry Blizzard you suck at faces. Lucio was cross-eyed on your HOTS screen for at least a month so please don't argue.
    #5 The worst part is probably it has a Cataclysm vibe to it as well. I'd love to see a crossover between WOD and Cataclysm said no one ever I hope.

Well enjoy my opinion because that's all it is, if you have any doubts I'd say save your money. I just don't see any story here and Jaina Proudmoore should have committed suicide or something by now because she's fucking a dragon. Human fucks cow in WoW universe=Tauren confirmed.

I honestly feel more humor coming from this expansion than war. WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH................."WHAT THE FUCK ELSE HAVE WE BEEN DOING THE LAST 13 YEARS NOW?" FINALLY WE CAN START DEFENDING OUR PLANET EVERYONE!
    1. Azshara is a bitch, she's not the main enemy, merely a mid tier raid boss. That to me hints at the expansion ending with a much bigger threat such as an old god which may then lead into the introduction of the void lords themselves. Frankly I'd be more insulted and less enthusiastic about the expansion if she was the main focus.

2. So far the new zones look amazing, the new Islands and Warfronts look like (if done right) they'll be a lot of fun. Honestly there's a lot I'm quite excited for so far feature wise (social features, new leveling experience, a lot of new lore and story etc)

3. Azerite sounds like it'll suck as much as AP did but as a mechanic it worked so they're sticking with it. As long as they've learnt their lessons from AP then I can be ok with it. Once they got rid of AK and just made it weekly, it made AP much less of a chore, especially for alts. The necklace and 3 armour pieces are interesting, I'm holding off judgement until I see how they work. It could be a good system, it could suck. Honestly I agree with you on this though, why can't they just leave armour as amour like it used to be.

4. All the allied races are reskins really, the trolls are cool but that's about it. Without adding new races entirely I imagine all the allied races are just going to be reskins. It makes adding them a lot quicker when you can reuse models and animations.

5. I'm not getting the cata vibe, I know some areas are going to change but the majority of the world will stay the same. Honestly I'm excited for some change, I'm really interested in seeing what happens with Undercity and Teldrassil. The worlds felt too stagnant for too long. Changing it all in Cata was overkill but a few changes here and there is a good way to make the world feel alive and like it's progressing rather than just a static stage piece.

As for the part of what have we been doing for the last 13 years, this expansion isn't named Battle for Azeroth because it's the battle to defend it, it's the battle for control of it. I've seen a lot of people complain about the name with the same "hur dur we've been battling to defend it for ages what a dumb name" when in reality, they're completely wrong about what the name means.

Finally the cinematic itself, I loved it. It was entertaining and set the tone of the expansion perfectly while showing how the characters have changed since Legion and sets them up for their roles for the expansion.