Deleted

Destruction missteps, suggestions

Greetings folks. I'm what they call a Destruction Warlock - from my nearly 400 days of played I prolly have only around 20 hours dedicated to offspecs.

Decided to do a little rant, list a couple of missteps, maybe throw a couple of suggestions down the road aswell.

- Even tho min-max values of attacks is an ancient mechanic disliked by most (and removed from basically every current game, including WoW) ironically they saw fitting to bring it back as our Mastery. No problem here.

- In WoD Mage devs came up with an amazing and innovative spell called Prismatic Crystal, which..sadly was hated by the entire Mage community. Obivously the right call was to move it along to Affli locks as Soul Effigy. How did they not enjoy this?

- In a world of endless oomfest and mana management, there was one exeption - Warlocks. Mages would sit in corners with a tear in their eye, chugging down Mana Gems and Evocating, while Warlocks would just keep on pushing on. This was a huge selling point for Warlocks.

So after Blizzard realises mana-management isn't fun, suddenly we are the last dps class doing it. This seems right, moving along.

- Warlocks were the first class to get the option to play without a pet. It was such a success, they decided to add it to Hunters and Mages aswell.

Buut here we are again - Warlocks are in fact the only class tied to one. Only this time, you actually have to sacrifice over 30% dps to get Spell Lock as Destro. Opposite of what Nightbournes say: This seems quite right.

In all seriousness tho, Destro hasn't felt this good PvE-wise since WoTLK/MoP, and with a couple of tweaks it can be made even better.

*Pet Sacrifice viable to Affli+Destro
    *Swap Demonic Circle baseline, Gateway as a talent instead
    *Bring back Shadowburn

Shadowburn could even be a PvP talent for all I care - the biggest problem with Destruction PvP-wise is that Blizzard has no idea how to distribute damage. (Focused Chaos, lelele)

/endrant

Repost from EU class dev section, feel free to throw your own opinion regarding Destruction, current gameplay or your insight heading into BFA.

This is the kind of shitpost feedback that doesn't help us out at all tbh.

If I was a dev looking through the official forums for something about destruction I'd open a post like this because of the title read the first point maybe the second and see that its written entirely sarcastically then stop reading because its hot garbage.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Tend to come across "abit" obnoxious while ranting, but some of the missteps doesn't really merit a nice spin on them either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harkons View Post
    - In WoD Mage devs came up with an amazing and innovative spell called Prismatic Crystal, which..sadly was hated by the entire Mage community. Obivously the right call was to move it along to Affli locks as Soul Effigy. How did they not enjoy this?.
    Because Soul Effigy was a brilliant concept that was totally let down by it's utterly shite implementation, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkons View Post
    Tend to come across "abit" obnoxious while ranting, but some of the missteps doesn't really merit a nice spin on them either.
    Its not a matter of merit, its a matter of being able to talk to the human beings on the other side of the monitor who you're trying to convince to make changes.

They absolutely listen within what they can manage at the time when people post constructively, this is not constructively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran OP through gizoogle, was hilarious. I think every rant needs to be translated by Gizoogle, it makes it just so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I ran OP through gizoogle, was hilarious. I think every rant needs to be translated by Gizoogle, it makes it just so much better.
    whuztha

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    whuztha

10char
    Nothing short of amazing . Just post some text http://gizoogle.net/textilizer.php

Quote Originally Posted by Bidis View Post
    Nothing short of amazing . Just post some text http://gizoogle.net/textilizer.php
    This is wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Is there a way to just filter this entire forum through it, permanently? This shit is comedy gold

Deleted
    ''In a ghetto of endless oomfest n' mana pimpment, there was one exeption - Warlocks''

How have I not heard of this translator before. It's amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion = one big Destruction misstep