Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    This game is awesome.
    Made a Giantdad and had like 100h pvp action against the forest cuck covenant.
    Me and my Buddy had constant 2v4 action xD

10+ Year Old Account
    88% I am so closeee to get the platinum then I will have every platinum in almost every Soul game except Demon's Souls!

Finally got around to this and now I see where all the “git gud” stuff comes from. I played bloodborne/ds2/ds3 with plats in all and this is noticeably more unforgiving/nastier than the others, however perhaps I’ve been out of the rhythm too long or going where I’m not meant to be just yet.

I am very sure the wheel skeletons were a joke in 2/3. They are brutal now, and just last night I got to the bottom of the tomb of giants, only to find the door sealed and now I have to make my way back out again. All around having a blast, and interesting to note the QOL stuff that had occurred as the series has grown.

Now I want a demon souls remastered so I can have the whole set on the ps4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Finally got around to this and now I see where all the “git gud” stuff comes from. I played bloodborne/ds2/ds3 with plats in all and this is noticeably more unforgiving/nastier than the others, however perhaps I’ve been out of the rhythm too long or going where I’m not meant to be just yet.

I am very sure the wheel skeletons were a joke in 2/3. They are brutal now, and just last night I got to the bottom of the tomb of giants, only to find the door sealed and now I have to make my way back out again. All around having a blast, and interesting to note the QOL stuff that had occurred as the series has grown.

Now I want a demon souls remastered so I can have the whole set on the ps4.
    Haha yeah welcome to Dark Souls!

The bosses may not be the hardest of the series overall tbh (I do think some of the bosses in DS3 were harder indeed like Midir and Frieda) but the difficulty of the first Dark Souls are not about the bosses themselves but it is about how harsh and unforgiven the gameplay is. My friend few days ago almost quit because a certain mob killed a friendly npc that was required you as a player to save them but the mob accidently killed the npc (was not suppose to happen it was an accident haha) so yeah after that? you can't get that npc back and continue their storyline until NG+ yay!

And yeah certain mobs placement is like big "F*** you" in the face like the wheel skeletons (they nerfed them so hard in DS2 unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Haha yeah welcome to Dark Souls!
    My friend few days ago almost quit because a certain mob killed a friendly npc that was required you as a player to save them but the mob accidently killed the npc (was not suppose to happen it was an accident haha) so yeah after that? you can't get that npc back and continue their storyline until NG+ yay!
    I've had that almost happen to her and the skeleton dwarf smith, I think it's a nice touch that quest NPCs aren't safe, makes you a bit more careful around them. However with the cleric lady I was actually lucky in that area. One of her former flunkies got torn apart by the body tower things, I only had to deal with one of them

I've always just played my NG run through blind in souls games, and then did some reading up on the NPCs and all for NG+ and trophy hunting. It seems much more telling in this game as I've found myself in quite a few pickles because of this roaming style. With hand holding being so prevalent in games nowadays this is a quite refreshing feeling.

On the subject of the Dark Souls trilogy, is there something that is considered the "best" lore summary/explanation video for each game or the whole series? I enjoy piecing things together as I play, but would like to see it all spelled out, without too much ass pulling from the narrator (as much as that is possible with this series).

On the subject of the Dark Souls trilogy, is there something that is considered the "best" lore summary/explanation video for each game or the whole series? I enjoy piecing things together as I play, but would like to see it all spelled out, without too much ass pulling from the narrator (as much as that is possible with this series).
    VaatiVidya has done a lot of work explaining the lore in Dark Souls. Check him out

https://www.youtube.com/user/VaatiVi...able_polymer=1

10+ Year Old Account

Finally got the Platinum trophy of Dark Souls Remastered. Now I have all of the Dark Souls Platinum trophies including Bloodborne yay.

Finally got the Platinum trophy of Dark Souls Remastered. Now I have all of the Dark Souls Platinum trophies including Bloodborne yay.
    Gratz now just get Demon's Souls
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Gratz now just get Demon's Souls
    Haha thanks man !

Yeah Demon's Souls weapons trophy is even more painful than DS1 haha maybe I will who knows!

Haha thanks man !

Yeah Demon's Souls weapons trophy is even more painful than DS1 haha maybe I will who knows!
    Part of me wants to hook my PS3 back up the other part of me just can't be asked. Even more so since the online was shutdown.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    VaatiVidya has done a lot of work explaining the lore in Dark Souls. Check him out

https://www.youtube.com/user/VaatiVi...able_polymer=1
    Appreciate the link, lot of good stuff there!

Appreciate the link, lot of good stuff there!
    The one where he breaks down what the nameless king's name is, or who the PC is in Dark Souls 3.

There's so much crazy lore in Dark Souls that I'd never have known if not for his videos. It's amazing!

A new mod for Dark Souls Remastered !

https://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-r...ame=0&ns_fee=0
    Neat.

I hear there is also a mod that lets u play as any of the bosses, That sounds fun.