Option to hide post count?

Curious if there is an option to hide post count? And if not, why not?

The amount of times I've seen people dismiss other posters because "Oh thats how you got x number of posts /eyeroll"

Or the opposite, people with low post counts get this all the time "Lol burner account, post on your main please"

What benefit do we gain from showing how many posts we made? None.

is it a cheap shot someone can take at you and derail the convo? Yea

Ideally, high post count makes someone seemingly more involved with the forums and generally more knowledgeable.

But that’s a laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    How else are you supposed to show your power level?

i disagree i like knowing if someone has virtually no posts, but seems really knowledgeable or clearly knows mmo-c well, or simply starts flaming others you can ignore it because you know it's some angry little 14 year old who gets banned every week.

obviously not every new account is a burner troll account but the ones that look suspicious get more obvious when you can see the post count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Curious if there is an option to hide post count? And if not, why not?

The amount of times I've seen people dismiss other posters because "Oh thats how you got x number of posts /eyeroll"

Or the opposite, people with low post counts get this all the time "Lol burner account, post on your main please"

What benefit do we gain from showing how many posts we made? None.

is it a cheap shot someone can take at you and derail the convo? Yea
    Let me get this straight, you want to hide your post count, so you can impress people whose opinion you shouldn't care about? I think the better idea would be to get the fuck over it, nobody really gives a shit how many or few post you've made, at least nobody really seriously worth caring about someone fixated on that.

Most people are really going to judge your post based on the content you provide and whether or not they agree or disagree.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Let me get this straight, you want to hide your post count, so you can impress people whose opinion you shouldn't care about? I think the better idea would be to get the fuck over it, nobody really gives a shit how many or few post you've made, at least nobody really seriously worth caring about someone fixated on that.

Most people are really going to judge your post based on the content you provide and whether or not they agree or disagree.
    It is fun, though.

This is something I'll keep in mind but is very low priority.