They'll just post as a reply to threads and make it harder to track down.

I saw this post from Chaud but i have never ever seen this weird ass spam hit posts that was already in a thread/topic and i have been here for over 8 years.

If spammers could spam in threads/topics they didnt create then they would deluge the crap out of this website 24/7 so why is it they can only do it with threads/topics they start themselves?

Something doesnt sound right to me
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-09-29 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's about getting the most amount of people to see it. How do they do that? Make as many threads as possible. A lot more people see threads (even without clicking on them) than see a single reply in a random thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    If spammers could spam in threads/topics they didnt create then they would deluge the crap out of this website 24/7 so why is it they can only do it with threads/topics they start themselves?
    The thread topic/title is the actual ad. Most of the time the text is gibberish.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post

I saw this post from Chaud but i have never ever seen this weird ass spam hit posts that was already in a thread/topic and i have been here for over 8 years.

Something doesnt sound right to me
    They don't post in existing threads because they can make new threads which get more attention and are more eye catching and allows them to put their bullshit in the thread titles.

That's the entire point of the statement: they don't now because they don't have to. If they couldn't make new threads, then they would spam up the existing threads instead which makes it infinitely harder for mods to track down and remove the advertising verses easy-to-see new threads.

This has been addressed a ton of times, so locking.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |