Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they will have one or two at least..but that's me.
    Why would they add any in after we are done with the zone? Just like any other patch added zone once we move on to 8.3 these zones will be a footnote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    .. which is a mythic only dungeon. So much for accessibility.
    Max level zone gets a max level dungeon. It is like people are left out there. I am sure in a future patch they will chop it in hald to make it a mythic plus and heroic dungeon also. Mythic 0 dungeons are in no way lomiting to people beyond needing to be at level cap.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Lich King and Deathwing are iconic characters.

Azshara is just an elf who wanted to fuck Sargeras. She was never end of xpac material- sorry.
    Deathwing was not so iconic before Cataclysm.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

while I feel the same way as OP, do we have confirmation that Azshara dies in 8.2?

It will have a heroic version added later. Don't worry.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-06-05 at 04:22 PM. Reason: lol typo

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    while I feel the same way as OP, do we have confirmation that Azshara dies in 8.2?
    Her death animation is just her laying on the ground breathing, so either she doesn't die on this raid, or N'zoth kills her in the final cinematic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whos to even say she bites the dust? Is it even confirmed yet?

Is a pve zone open world and i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This has to be one of the most despicable treatments of such a highly regarded lore character in the history of WoW. Sending off Azshara in a random patch in a faction conflict expansion without a single dungeon? At least the Lich King and Deathwing were given the respect of three dungeons each before they were sent off. And all Azshara gets is a rehashed Azsuna zone.

Almost a year without any new zones and dungeons and this is all they could come up with for such a grand character in WoW? A few rehashed assets? What is going on in Blizz HQ?
    "without a single dungeon" they get a raid...

illidan did not have a dungeon
    deathwing did not have a dungeon (that lead up to him)
    mechagon is the dungeon in the patch.

ragnaros did not have a dungeon
    kelthuzad did not have a dungeon
    few legendary bosses who got raids, had dungeons ahead of time.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I guess the difference is that there weren't many Deathwing and Arthas themed things before their expansions so they needed them where as Azshara and the Naga have been featured in many dungeons and raids throughout the history of WoW. I mean even last expansion had an entire zone that focused on the Naga.

I would've liked to see her have more focus this expansion. I think it's fucked that they gave us all these horde themed cinematics and not one for Azshara or N'Zoth but I don't think more dungeons are really needed for her. Just more quests and stuff like that this expansion would've been cool.

If anything the Naga have been overused throughout WoW. I love Azshara and I think they could've done a bit better at making her feel like a true big bad of the expansion but in a way I'm kinda glad that were finally dealing with them.

Then Blizzard can overuse undead and dragons next expansion.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2019-06-05 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeywikey View Post
    Whos to even say she bites the dust? Is it even confirmed yet?
    It's not. Her "death" animation shows her lying on the ground, defeated but breathing. So she survives the PCs beating her up at least; whenever she survives the following cutscene is less certain, but datamined dialog hints at Jaina and Thalyssra imprisoning her. So I'd say there's a very good chance we aren't done with Azshara after 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    It will have a heroic version added later. Don't worry.
    I dont really care about dungeons. Yet i wonder why it is mythic only at start.

What else than some horrible design bias leads to a decision like that to take it off the dungeon finder, which is the most successfull way to build groups?

that then becomes 2 heroic dungeons later... just like kharazhan did.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont really care about dungeons. Yet i wonder why it is mythic only at start.

What else than some horrible design bias leads to a decision like that to take it off the dungeon finder, which is the most successfull way to build groups?
    same reason kharazhan was mythic only at the start.

did you just like... not play fucking legion mate?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    same reason kharazhan was mythic only at the start.

did you just like... not play fucking legion mate?
    I loved legion. But surely not for limiting dungeons to the organized crowd only.

There is no logical reason to do that.

What is inaccessible about a mythic dungeon?

It's not like they're on Mythic raid level or something, and there's always groups forming to pug them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

It's not like they're on Mythic raid level or something, and there's always groups forming to pug them.
    It is not on the dungeon finder. Most people use the dungeon finder to play dungeons.

An automatic matchmaking system automatically implies a higher level of accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Lich King and Deathwing are iconic characters.

Azshara is just an elf who wanted to fuck Sargeras. She was never end of xpac material- sorry.
    I agree for the most part, but the problem is, it sounds like she is much stronger than those previously mentioned. Which is odd to some degree, but also explains why she hasn't tried playing her cards yet. She's been waiting for this moment, and even events in wotlk and legion were being played out for her to set the stage now.

It is not on the dungeon finder. Most people use the dungeon finder to play dungeons.

An automatic matchmaking system automatically implies a higher level of accessibility.
    "So much for accessibility" comes off to me though as you're saying it's hard to access, not that it's inconvenient compare to the LFD tool.

Queen Azshara was part of the Azsuna storyline, and by extension the Eye of Azshara dungeon. Additionally she had a zone named after her in Vanilla. Good enough treatment i think, although it was not all part of the same patch cycle.

Don't bother engaging with that guy, he insists that WoW should be playable without ever interacting with another human being.

On topic, Azshara doesn't need a dungeon, she got a raid. And it doesn't look like we're killing her outright so I'm sure she'll be developed further.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

"So much for accessibility" comes off to me though as you're saying it's hard to access, not that it's inconvenient compare to the LFD tool.
    A premade group setting never is as accessible as a matchmade group setting.

Or do you want to doubt that?

So if i talk about missing accessibility, i talk about a less accessible approach than matchmaking.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-06-05 at 05:27 PM.