Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Seriously, I've been patient, since like 1994 when I watched both movies and played both games and they were the undisputed kings of the fighting game genre. Why hasn't this happened yet? This is right up there with flying cars. I know the most likely reason is because both titles are owned by different companies, but why haven't they collaborated to make a crossover yet? Do they not like money? Is anyone else not as anxious to play this?

Liu Kang vs. Ryu
    Johnny Cage vs. Ken Masters
    Sonya vs. Chun Li
    Colonel Guile vs. Stryker or someone
    Akama vs. Shao Khan
    M. Bison vs. Shang Tsung

Outworld invades the Earth and the Street Fighter characters enter the tournament, it practically writes itself!

why

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Akama vs. Shao Khan
    My money is on Akama.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Damnit. lol

Akuma***!!!

This isn't a Heroes of the Storm vs. Capcom thread! Though that would also be a sweet game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never really got into Street Fighter. Always have been a big MK fan though, and I'm still waiting for MK 11.

Also, they have already done MK vs DC and Capcom vs ______ (whatever it was, Marvel?) crossovers. I suppose it's time for a proper SF vs MK crossover.

refer to mortal kombat vs dc

So all the NRS kids can ask where the block button went?

Or even worse, NRS ruining the art of SFs female cast?

Better yet everyone complains about a MK game rated T with no extreme violence again?

No thanks. No matter which side made the game it would be a shit show for the other one.

When the last 2 vs games are SFxTekken and MvCI it might be time to just let them die. The glory days of CVS and MVC are long gone and now budding egos get in the way when multiple teams try to work together like that. Better to just go the Bamco route by having guest characters like they do in Tekken 7 and SC6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    SFxMK would be ok, but if we let NRS have anything to do with it they'd drop support in two months and then announce SFxMK2 a week later.

#FGCMemes
    If it's done by Capcom though, you'll get SFxMK2 Super Mega Hyper Alpha Turbo Maximum Deluxe Super Premium edition only 2 weeks after SFxMK2. They'd be running out of adjective modifiers by the end of the month.

In all seriousness though, I really want an FF Dissidia x Guilty Gear crossover. You have no idea how much money I would pay to see Baiken doing all of those horrible Baiken things to the cast of Final Fantasy. It would be glorious!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Damnit. lol

Akuma***!!!

This isn't a Heroes of the Storm vs. Capcom thread! Though that would also be a sweet game.
    My money is still on Akuma

Raging Demon = get shit on

Thanks for the video, I forgot how terrible SF4s demon was until it. In fact I forgot how bad SF4 animation was in general(yet funny enough still better then NRS animation LUL)

I'd play it if it was NRS's engine. SF's engine is just too dry and boring for me personally.

I'm really curious what NRS is working on. We should have heard something by now, and I can't imagine it's just a MK11 at this point or an I3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Thanks for the video, I forgot how terrible SF4s demon was until it. In fact I forgot how bad SF4 animation was in general(yet funny enough still better then NRS animation LUL)
    Janky animations are the main reasons I tend to stick to Street Fighter. I can't help but notice all of the drunken swaying, fence punching and the flailing about with arms and legs for light attacks. Atom from I2 really takes the piss with it, he just doesn't seem to have any animations at all! The graphical quality is top notch of course, but the actual animations of attacks is very lacking.

SF characters at least put their body into it, they use their feet to anchor themselves to the ground when throwing punches, they've got a suitable amount of rotation on their kicks baring a few characters with slightly wonky LKs. More recent ones like Menat are fantastic in the animation department, I would watch her walk cycle all day long. They've dropped the ball on character designs, weird face Ken, but even then the animations are serviable at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'm really curious what NRS is working on. We should have heard something by now, and I can't imagine it's just a MK11 at this point or an I3.
    I'm hoping it's not another MKxDC cross over, the last one was a bit of a disaster all round. Since NRS is part of Warner Brothers I wonder if we might be getting a more expanded fighter featuring characters from franchises like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter etc as well as DC and MK.

Liu Kang vs. Ryu - Liu Kang Wins.
    Johnny Cage vs. Ken Masters - Johnny Cage
    Sonya vs. Chun Li - Chun Li Wins.
    Colonel Guile vs. Stryker - Stryker Wins.
    Akama vs. Shao Khan - Shao Kahn Wins.
    M. Bison vs. Shang Tsung - Shang Tsung Wins.

I'm a Fan of Mortal Kombat Since I'm Playing Mortal Kombat Games.

This is a hard one... But I do agree a crossover would not only be awesome but make tons of money. Maybe they're allergic to money ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    This is a hard one... But I do agree a crossover would not only be awesome but make tons of money. Maybe they're allergic to money ><
    There was talk of this long ago. I read that discussions quickly fell apart because Capcom didn't want fatalities being used on their characters.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Because the systems are not that compatible, very different audiences, the soylent gentry would ruin cammy and chun li and capcom doesnt need to rely on street fighter as much to succeed anymore while ed boon needs to maintain his copyright over every variant of a word with C replaced with K.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't done it yet because outside the US nobody takes mortal kombat seriously as a fighting game. at all.

the visual themes completely clash.

and without fatalities the game has no market even in the US.

and it definitely wouldn't and shouldn't have fatalities.

also you now have different conflicting philosophies on things like sexual expression. compare Sf5 where every female character has a swimsuit skin (some have several) actually now playing a pretty sizeable role in how the game is monetized to MK's "Sorry incel neckbeards, no bikini ninjas we've got a patriarchy to smash" attitude.

Also the mortal kombat community needs to stay in their own little toxic cesspool and keep to themselves.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2019-09-30 at 05:10 PM.

The rest I'm kinda ok on, but no way does Shao take down Akuma.

Shao has some pretty strong "soul powers" and some impressive abilities with regards to sorcery and manipulation, but they never seem to translate well in direct combat. Even within the MK universe he gets chumped pretty hard by other "normal" characters in simple hand to hand combat.

If we were talking about some large-scale conflict where Akuma and Shao were commanding armies on a vast scale, Shao would probably have an upper hand due to his unique abilities, but in a 1v1 fight Akuma would destroy him.
    i think you've mistaken shang tsung, for shao khan.
    shang tsung is the sorcerer, shao khan is a god.
    akuma's only weapon with even a chance of killing shao khan is the raging demon, due to it's karmic punishment aspect.
    beyond that shao khan can pretty much Gallagher the cast of both games with his maul until he gets to the other S-listers like Raiden and Akuma's ultimate form, Oni.

Shao Kahn isn't a god. Nor am I confusing him with Shang. They both have some similar powers with regards to souls and sorcery, Shang is simply much more focused on the magical end of things.

But like I said, while Shao has some incredible powers, they never seem to translate well to direct combat within the MK universe. In fact, he never really seems to bring them to bear in direct combat, suggesting that they just aren't useful in those situations. So while he has the capability to perform impressive destructive feats on a vast scale, he also simply can be beat down in a direct fight before he can bring them to bear. Hell, he even gets his ass beat in a straight up fist-fight by Kitana.
    actually, yes Shao Khan is a god, like Raiden is a god.
    they nerf themselves to participate in mortal kombat, but they're divine beings none the less.
    but outside of a mortal kombat he can literally lay waste to entire worlds.

The rest I'm kinda ok on, but no way does Shao take down Akuma.

Shao has some pretty strong "soul powers" and some impressive abilities with regards to sorcery and manipulation, but they never seem to translate well in direct combat. Even within the MK universe he gets chumped pretty hard by other "normal" characters in simple hand to hand combat.

If we were talking about some large-scale conflict where Akuma and Shao were commanding armies on a vast scale, Shao would probably have an upper hand due to his unique abilities, but in a 1v1 fight Akuma would destroy him.
    I Say Shao Kahn Wins Because He's In my opinion Stronger, and Has More Versatility.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where you're getting that information, aside from maybe the, "Shao and Raiden are related" movie canon that isn't considered canon in the actual MK games at all.

In the actual games - which is the only canon that matters, according to the creators - he's an extremely powerful but otherwise perfectly killable being who can be beaten to death by people without any godly - or even particularly supernatural - powers at all.
    I do believe it’s from an old guide book where it says he’s the Outland equal to raiden with both of them being god’s but shao wanted to conquer instead of just protecting the realm.

Both are perfectly killable though. God’s are strong but there not elder god’s (unless they become elder god’s) who are the real power houses.