Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's your favorite profession in WoW?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering, what's your favorite profession in WoW? Are you a gatherer or a crafter? Do you prefer the more practical professions like Blacksmithing and Leatherworking, or the more magical ones like Enchanting and Inscription? Let's share our thoughts and experiences!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from Engineering they're all equally boring imo.

And even engineering went down in the fun factor after Blizzard decided you cant use your gadgets in certain places anymore.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering and Blacksmithing will always be my top tier.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Alchemy and Cooking.

Why? Because consumables are ALWAYS in demand and ALWAYS sell, and is my primary mode of making lots and lots of gold.

5+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Lariat

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering has been my all time favourite since vanilla, was hoping for it to get a revival due to a couple lackluster expansions, now we do have some fun stuff and ideas, but they not only have crazy cooldowns, you also cant use any of the bombs in M+.... good 'ol anti fun blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    I have alchemy on my 2 70s. I only have it to make health potions and flasks (well in the past). The rest is pure garbage. I was very sad to see the flasks disappear. So now I have only health potions...

Oh, and I don't like the new profession system. Way too much gimmicky.

Honestly my characters have their professions as part of their backstories so all of them are important to me. From a gameplay perspective though, I'd probably go with the gathering professions and alchemy. Gathering is its own gameplay element and alchemy is just universally useful

Alchemy. I don't really care about making gold much. And the extend flask time is something i got used to.
    CLose second is Herbalism to gether sometimes stuff along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every that makes me rich. Right now its JW/Herb/Mining. JW is river of gold :P

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Every that makes me rich. Right now its JW/Herb/Mining. JW is river of gold :P
    Unstable elementium is such a crazy wealth transfer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Unstable elementium is such a crazy wealth transfer
    Ive crafted some forks on day one patch 10.0.7 40k each lolz

Ive crafted some forks on day one patch 10.0.7 40k each lolz
    By now all the scammers know about it and even with the addon you have to scroll for quite a while to find a non-scam order for forks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    By now all the scammers know about it and even with the addon you have to scroll for quite a while to find a non-scam order for forks.
    No matter tbh. Forks dropped in price like 75%. Day one was a juice.

No matter tbh. Forks dropped in price like 75%. Day one was a juice.
    True. some decent sales on reset day this week as well though, just not as high priced.

Fantasy wise, enchanting and inscribing magical items sound really cool, but the actual WoW gameplay of enchanting and inscribing was very dull. You're just navigating menus, and the only evidence of an enchant an item is text on the mouseover. This expansion I ditched enchanting and inscription on my main character and took up herbalism and skinning. At least there is something tactile, seeing an herb and clicking on it and it disappears, and sometimes there is an elemental effect like frost herbs that cause a circle of frost, or a wind herb that blows me around a couple times. Clicking on a mob to skin it and then it disappears.

Mining, unexpectedly. Remember the thrill of deposit hunting, fighting other players just to get 2 irone ore from the iron deposit

engineering. the loot-a-rang is a massive quality of life improvement, especially for ranged characters. the teleporters are great for getting around (especially in the poorly designed shadowlands where I'd otherwise have had to constantly use flightpaths to get between the 'realms'). the gliders and nitro boost tinkers are still extremely useful (despite the bewildering nerf making gliders not work inside instances) and there's always a bunch of fun toys
    all of my characters are engineers, they just have different second professions