Poll: What's more enjoyable?

Deleted

Skirmishes vs wargames

Did you run more skirmisher before than wargames today, or are you running wargames more than you ever did skirmishes?

Personally, I don't understand why they removed skirmishes. Is the reason
    1. Noone ran them?
    Well, this poll might give us a hint on that.
    2. Waste of space?
    That's hard for us to decide, but how little less waste of space is wargames?
    Or can there be any other reason?

To me, wargames are as useless as they can be. I really enjoyed skirmishes, and why?
    ¤ Faste queues, and you got to join with random new people every time.. and met different people every time.
    ¤ You could queue them same time as bgs, so when bg queues were painful you had something to do while waiting
    ¤ Try out specs and stuff without losing rating.
    ¤ Play with wierd combos, and against wierd combos. Back in the days when dks and warriors were like "omg you're shadow" *emoleave* =)

Ah I miss them, I really do =/ So, share your thoughts, was it better in the past, any fun memories or you are enjoying yourself more now in wargames than ever before with skirmishes?

Vote and share

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Did you run more skirmisher before than wargames today, or are you running wargames more than you ever did skirmishes?
    Wargames by faaaaaaaaar.
    Personally, I don't understand why they removed skirmishes. Is the reason
    1. Noone ran them?
    Well, this poll might give us a hint on that.
    Yes, they were removed due to lack of use. 2v2 was the only bracket anyone queued for. And no, this poll could never be an accurate estimation of use.
    2. Waste of space?
    That's hard for us to decide, but how little less waste of space is wargames?
    Or can there be any other reason?
    Blizzard stated the reason: Lack of use.
    To me, wargames are as useless as they can be. I really enjoyed skirmishes, and why?
    Because the functionality was better used on something not a mini-game for people to play while waiting for a BG to pop.
    ¤ Faste queues, and you got to join with random new people every time.. and met different people every time.
    Only in the 2s.
    ¤ You could queue them same time as bgs, so when bg queues were painful you had something to do while waiting
    That function was broken a long time ago, and it had nothing to do with skirmishes.
    ¤ Try out specs and stuff without losing rating.
    When I want to try out a different spec, I need someone who isn't going to choke on their own shoelaces. Skirmishes were filled with those people.
    ¤ Play with wierd combos, and against wierd combos. Back in the days when dks and warriors were like "omg you're shadow" *emoleave* =)
    Play in the low ratings brackets. All sorts of weird combos there.
    Ah I miss them, I really do =/ So, share your thoughts, was it better in the past, any fun memories or you are enjoying yourself more now in wargames than ever before with skirmishes?

Vote and share
    Could never get into a 3v3 or 5v5, and the 2v2s were filled with bads and leavers.

No, I don't miss the mini-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Skirmishes when I was bored, to test my UI, to try to solo 2 people... I've only used wargames once, MAYBE two times

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Thats pretty difficult if you already have a decent rating... and tanking down you MMR just to play a few games for fun doesnt seem like a good solution either.

OT: I really liked skirmishes, and haven't done a single Wargame, so...
    DERP

Deleted
    Here's my thoughts:

Wargames by faaaaaaaaar.
    Yes, they were removed due to lack of use. 2v2 was the only bracket anyone queued for. And no, this poll could never be an accurate estimation of use.
    Because the functionality was better used on something not a mini-game for people to play while waiting for a BG to pop.
    Only in the 2s.
    That function was broken a long time ago, and it had nothing to do with skirmishes.
    When I want to try out a different spec, I need someone who isn't going to choke on their own shoelaces. Skirmishes were filled with those people.
    Could never get into a 3v3 or 5v5, and the 2v2s were filled with bads and leavers.

Sure, most people ran it 2v2, but what's wrong with that if people enjoyed it?
    However, if 2v2 queue was less than one min it probably took 3min for 3v3. I felt people ran 3v3 as well. Not many ran 5v5 but that's probably same as in arena.. not many take part in 5v5. And I wonder if it's much of a difference in where people take part in wargames =) Only request I got was for wargames 2v2.
    And, they could just have changed it.. remove 2v2 skirmish and keep 3v3 and 5v5, and see if people still would take part (if 2v2 battles was a problem for them).
    And low bracket means create a new team over and over again, and unfortunately you can only have 1 team in each bracket so that's not possible bro

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted neither because i don't and haven't used either. I think there should have been a "both" option, for i don't see why they both could be there.

I used to do alot of skirmishes on my all of my toons and wish that they were still ingame.

However, I don't mind wargames either, wager gold on them pretty often.

skitmish was great when a arena team costed money. but now you can make arena teams for free its no use to test some1s skills. or to test a cop/tacts

really dependent on your playstyle. i think more people would use skirmishes since war games requires a lot more coordination and setup, but Blizzard caters to that minority playstyle, which basically is Developer playstyle. they always have but thats why they're so out of touch with so much of the player base while WoW's numbers are in drastic decline due to their stubborness that everything is fine with the current game and not expanding WoW's dimensions. these Dev's think more of the same will last forever, and now they're paying for it. only the most die hard Arena players and their lil circles can run Arena/RBG's ad nauseum, too bad it isn't most people...

people will say WoW isn't up to date anymore but the reality is the narrow-minded development and vision of the current Dev's. but its almost like they gave up on WoW for their new MMO Titan...and just milking it until they kill it off when Titan is released. their lack of real development for WoW other than more of the same speaks volumes. War games is such a laughable development expenditure, it really makes you wonder who makes these decisions.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-08-09 at 01:42 PM.

Wargames are good practice imo. We take potential subs for our RBG team into 5v5 arena/bgs vs the other half of the team to see how they react under pressure/how well they listen/cc etc.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Here's my thoughts:

Wargames by faaaaaaaaar.
    Only in the 2s.

blizzard is wrong, and wargames are pretty shit compared to skirmishes. havent tried wargames once, where i used skirs all the time back in the day.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always used Skirmishes to reset my CDs before a duel, when Dalaran Sewers was an extremely popular place. :P

I would also go and test new specs, get used to new addons, and queue for them when I was rather bored. All in all I liked skirmishes and I wish they had implemented them into the Wargame feature/UI.

skirmishes were so great when you had nothing to do. Nice to test ui things and Very fun imo if you didn't feel like being on vent or setting up a group. Was very convenient.