2.3.2 Class changes, PCNC in Europe

2.3.2 Class changes
    Tons of blue posts have been made concerning 2.3.2 patch classes changes. Stay tuned for more changes and the full patch notes from the PTR in a few hours.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hunter (Source)
    • Aspect of the Viper effect increased.
    • It will once again be possible for two freezing traps to be in place at the same time.
    • Pet levelling speed has been substantially increased.

Mage (Source)
    • Cold Snap (Frost) has had its cooldown reduced and is now in the Ice Block position in the talent tree. This ability will no longer reset the cooldown on Fire Ward.
    • Icy Veins (NEW Frost Talent) decreases casting time of all spells by 20% and increases the chance your chilling effects will freeze the target by 25%. It lasts 20 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown. It is now in the Cold Snap position in the talent tree.
    • Conjure Mana Gem (Rank 6 - Emerald) now restores 1800 to 3000 mana and has three charges.
    • Ice Block (Frost) is now available on the trainer to all mages at level 30.

Paladin (Source)
    • Crusader Strike (Retribution) now causes 110% of weapon damage and no longer gains any bonus from spell damage.
    • Righteous Fury: This spell will no longer cost twice the listed mana to cast.
    • Sanctified Judgments (Retribution) now returns 80% of the Seal's mana cost, increased from 50%.

Shaman (Source)
    • Earth Shield (Restoration) and Lightning Shield have had their mana cost substantially reduced.
    • Water Shield now restores mana periodically regardless of how many charges remain. Duration increased to 10 minutes. (This will result in the same exact amount of mana restored as in the current 2.3 version of the ability)
    2.3.2 on PTR
    Originally Posted by Hortus (Blue Tracker)
    We will be opening up the 2.3.2 PTR starting later today.

Please prepare for this by deleting any old WoWtest folder from within your World of Warcraft Directory.
    Paid Character Name Change available in Europe
    8 euros, same rules as the american servers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Things to Know Before You Start!
    • The Character Name Change process is not immediate and may take several hours to complete because of the approval process involved. Your character will NOT be available for play during this time.
    • Each Character Name Change costs 8,00€ (£6.00). This covers a single name change for a single character.
    • A character's name may only be changed once every 90 days.
    • The name you choose must be available on the character's realm, and must be within the World of Warcraft Naming Policy.
    • A Character Name Change cannot be reversed once completed, except by a second name change operation (subject to the above costs and limitations).
    • Once the name change is completed, your character's old name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days. After that time, the old name becomes available again and can be claimed by anyone on its realm on a first-come, first-served basis.
    • Please review the Character Name Change FAQ for answers to common questions about this service.
    • The Character Name Change service only allows one change per transaction. If you would like to change multiple character names, you will need to pay for each one separately.

Re: 2.3.2 Class changes, PCNC in Europe

... pls buff frostmages, cuz they rly suck in the arena ... dunno but the changes seem OP.

Nah not really, but trainable ice block will help fire mages who couldn't be bothered respeccing for arena.

Love it love it thank you Blizzard!!!!!

Dunno how about u but ice mages are the most annoying enemies I ever experience already as i play rogue + shadow priest in 2on2 ... Our chances are extremely limited vs them already and with the new mana gem and the nice buff to their burst dmg with the new talent it will be even more pointless. As my alt is a holy paladin i cant say i enjoy ice mages with my alt either ( one counter spell hits while bof isnt up and i'm most likely dead -.- ) . Maybe its just my perspective but i cant say i see ice mages as a week class at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthyl
    Dunno how about u but ice mages are the most annoying enemies I ever experience already as i play rogue + shadow priest in 2on2 ... Our chances are extremely limited vs them already and with the new mana gem and the nice buff to their burst dmg with the new talent it will be even more pointless. As my alt is a holy paladin i cant say i enjoy ice mages with my alt either ( one counter spell hits while bof isnt up and i'm most likely dead -.- ) . Maybe its just my perspective but i cant say i see ice mages as a week class at the moment.
    Although frost mages (there is no other type in arena ) perform well against some combos, their general performance is rather bad. Last type I checked only hunters were on a worse situation on the 2v2 bracket, and that is probably mostly due to the design of the arenas.

Individually - as you probably know - mages are strong against melee classes and weak against casters. Demo locks with felpuppy out eat then for breakfast.

The crux of the mage playing style - the burst damage - was mostly destroyed with resilience. While I think it was a good thing to make fights last longer, it did affect the class, making the survivalist spec (frost) the only viable one. And most of that viability comes from the pet - ranged novas, separate dmg source and dmg while invulnerable.

ice veins- nice ^^ can't wait for that in 2.3.2
    and hopefully we won't have as much mana problems with a mana emerald that is twice as powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Telris
    ... pls buff frostmages, cuz they rly suck in the arena ... dunno but the changes seem OP.
    mages are not overpowered, there are extremely few mages in the gladiator brackets of 2v2, in 3v3 and 5v5 there are not that much either -.-
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias