Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    Diable !TakeThisColor and see what it does.
    :-X thought it was color picker. Thanks

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm looking for some interesting borders for pitbull, how can I find them and how do I install? :<

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The SharedMedia addon provides borders to Pitbull (and all other SM-aware addons). Look for texture packs (such as Hal's) which are on addon sites. My favorites are "simplesquare" and "Hal's Border".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeesha

where do i find thos textures? i really really like them anyone who knows ? or if Aeesha can upload her/his ui!!! ;D

I Thank you very much for the addon UI set, it works great, however for some reason i lost the portrait on my unit frames. what do i do to get it back on the pit bull addon? ty

EDIT! Figured it out, i hate how tedious pitbull is tho =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Frozencore
    I Thank you very much for the addon UI set, it works great, however for some reason i lost the portrait on my unit frames. what do i do to get it back on the pit bull addon? ty

EDIT! Figured it out, i hate how tedious pitbull is tho =)
    Please don't use bright formatting on your entire messages.

Aeesha! Hear the pleas of your Ui fans.
    Please upload your .Tga Spraypainty files somewhere.

Note to anyone looking for them: Aeesha made them, so they arent on the internet

Hello, im looking for some information how to make Pitbull looks like this:

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Anotherone

Can't in Pitbull3. In Pitbull 4, set up your bar how you want it, then add the portrait. Set the portrait to Outside Left-Bottom, and then set the name text to anchor to the portrait, outside - bottom-left.

Playing around with oUF Nivaya and found two things I don't like:

First off I want the rest icon, PvP icon and other icons off the player (and other frames for that matter), where do I do this?
    And second, I would like to add a bit of spacing between the target's buffs/debuffs, but I couldn't find where to do that either

I have a vague question so please feel free to tell me I need to include something else. I am trying to adjust DBM to look like Neav's http://i42.tinypic.com/2luqurl.jpg

He posted the code which looked something like http://drop.io/94ww4hi/asset/dbt-template-xml

What do I do with that code? Thanks.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Download the file from that link, save it as the file "DBT-Template.xml". Then, copy that file to your \World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\DBT-Core\ folder, and over-write the old DBT-Template.xml that's in that folder. Voila, your DBM timers now look like Neav's.

Could anyone give me some insight on how I could get my character/target frames to look like the ones in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMwUp...e=channel_page

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

In Pitbull, that's a 3-bar setup.

Player:
    On top, Blank Bar. Dogtag: [Status or Name]. Attached to: Frame, Top-Left.
    Middle, Health Bar. Dogtag: [FractionalHP:Short] " | " [PercentHP:Percent]. Attached to: Health Bar, Right.
    Bottom, Power Bar. Dogtag: [FractionalMP] Attached to: Power Bar, Right.

Target:
    Blank Bar. Dogtag: [Status or Name]. Attached to: Frame, Top-Right
    Health Bar. Dogtag: [FractionalHP:Short" " | " [PercentHP:Percent]. Attached to: Health Bar, Middle.

On the bottom bar in the Target frame, there's a couple of different options on what that is.
    1) Power Bar, with no hiding options, and DogTag shows Power OR Classification/Level/Class/Race
    2) Blank Bar with just Classification/Level/Class/Race.

I would use version 2, and have a fourth bar, a Power Bar, that hides when targetting something that doesn't use Mana. Here's how I'd set it up, with some cues from the video. Version 2 is only possible in Pitbull 4.

Blank Bar 2. Dogtag: [Classification] [LevelifficultyColor] [Class:ClassColor] [Race]. Attached to: Blank Bar 2, Left. (you can see in the vid it's left)
    Power Bar. Dogtag: [FractionalMP]. Attached to: Power Bar, Middle.

If you'd prefer version 1, here's how I'd set it up.
    Power Bar. Dogtag: [If HasMP then FractionalMP else (Classification " " LevelifficultyColor " " Class:ClassColor " " Race)]. Attached to: Power Bar, Left.

im just wondering what minimap this guy is using fallen in love with the gloss effect :P

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

That could be sexymap

pretty sure its not :s using it atm but cant seem to find anything with that gloss effect

I belive it's the square version of rMinimap.
    To change it to the square shape you need to open the lua-file in notepad f.ex. and change the number 0 in line 15 and 17 to a 3.

I used to use the minimap in the picture, but it's been nearly a year since, so I'm not 100% sure.

And sexymap's reign of terror needs to come to an end!

EDIT: Reason why I changed minimap is due to the fact that there's no in-game config, you have to change the position of the map via lua-editing(it isnt difficult, but getting it in just the right place might take a few /reloadui) and you cant have different setups per character, unless you're able to write the code to do so.

Hello, sorry to everyone who has been requesting my UI.

I havent read any threads apart from the "Post your UI." and I didn't know there was being asked for it here aswell.

The art is made by me, and I wont be sharing it currently. Although, I am working on making a version which is better that I will most likely upload

I'll make a thread with it if I choose to upload it, so just look out for that

Otherwise, keep making UI's ! Love to see everyones projects.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    I belive it's the square version of rMinimap.
    To change it to the square shape you need to open the lua-file in notepad f.ex. and change the number 0 in line 15 and 17 to a 3.

I used to use the minimap in the picture, but it's been nearly a year since, so I'm not 100% sure.

And sexymap's reign of terror needs to come to an end!

EDIT: Reason why I changed minimap is due to the fact that there's no in-game config, you have to change the position of the map via lua-editing(it isnt difficult, but getting it in just the right place might take a few /reloadui) and you cant have different setups per character, unless you're able to write the code to do so.
    Right, im going nuts here... im mlike the neanderthal of programming.. need some assistance here :C.. aint there just any normal options ? :C

i want the map similar to the post i made earlier, square with a nice gloss effect. but located in another position.

thx in advance