Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDT

No no, I'm not talking about the big red enrage timer on the video...

The numbers next to the enemy unit frame, I think that's an AddOn
    It is an addon, took me 10sec to find it on google. TimeToExecute - http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t49221-timetoexecute_addon/ (if it's not this addon I appologize, but it really sounds like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrt
    It is an addon, took me 10sec to find it on google. TimeToExecute - http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t49221-timetoexecute_addon/ (if it's not this addon I appologize, but it really sounds like it)

It's not that one... But reading the topic you posted I found what I was looking for... TimeToDie...

Thanks a lot :}

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDT
    I was watching the videos from the guild Vodka these days and I wanted to know which addon is the one right on top of the enemy hp bar, that shows an estimated time on the kill, based on the raid dps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIF_...e=channel_page
    Can anyone confirm whether or not if the big red enrage timer is part of an addon or just sexy video editing? I'm hoping it's an addon because it is fairly neat. Another example can be seen in another of their guild's videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BTLf...eature=related

Thanks!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Video editing. If you'll notice, in the same font/style as the audio track info that shows up on the left side.

Currently using Pitbull 4. How does one create a seperate unit? I'm wanting to make my player frame health only, and create a seperate unit for my Power bar which I can stow in a different part of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by buckybadger
    In this screenshot http://img2.abload.de/img/neko1.4bkp0s.jpg the hunter seems to have greyed out other peoples debuffs, leaving his in color, any idea how to do this?
    He's probably using an oUF module, in which case you'd have to ask him directly.

In this screenshot...

http://hdimage.org/images/de1iz3ou0q...2909001723.jpg

What is the name of the addon that is showing just below the cast bar in the center of the picture???

Thx in advance!
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Tybran
    Currently using Pitbull 4. How does one create a seperate unit? I'm wanting to make my player frame health only, and create a seperate unit for my Power bar which I can stow in a different part of the screen.
    You can't
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by thetemplar
    Hey,
    is there a possibility to enlarge my dots at the targetframe? with xperl, there was an optione somewhere, but im using pitbull and i didnt found something in the options. so all the debuffs have the size 10, but debuffs made by my character have size 20... is there an addon for pitbull doing this?

//edit: the addon the poster above is looking for is nice too :-P any idea? (grey the other debuffs, only my are colored)
    any solution with pitbull3 as unitframes?

I don't think so. You should move to Pitbull4 sometime, because it will be bugged and totally outdated after the next patches.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    I don't think so. You should move to Pitbull4 sometime, because it will be bugged and totally outdated after the next patches.
    Where do you get that from ?
    I can't find anywhere that Shefki will stop updating Pitbull 3, but maybe it is just me there can't find it, please link...

Quote Originally Posted by Submann
    Where do you get that from ?
    I can't find anywhere that Shefki will stop updating Pitbull 3, but maybe it is just me there can't find it, please link...
    He is only updating the TOC for game versions. Pitbull 4 is updated atleast 1-2 times a week.

http://www.wowace.com/projects/pitbull4/

anyway, there isnt a solution for pitbull 3? how did all the gamers made it all the last months without pitbull4? no way? *gnah

and pitbull4 sux, either all the frame have a manabar or no frame, the settings are extremely complitated and i have to reconfig all my existing uis... -.-

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

He is only updating the TOC for game versions. Pitbull 4 is updated atleast 1-2 times a week.

http://www.wowace.com/projects/pitbull4/
    Ehm..

PitBull4 is a continuation of PitBull.

It is currently experimental.
    Pitbull3 is still stable and working perfectly. There is no reason at all to use the *experimental* Pitbull4 at this moment unless you really want to alpha-/betatest it. Sure, there are new features but they certainly don't outweigh using a potentially very bugged addon.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

which ui compilation is used here:
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/732...3009002227.jpg

i'm especially interested in pitbull textures :P

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@vadoom
    Ouch - that's not a "compilation", that's somebody's personal custom ui. How can I tell? The fact there are at least 4 different statusbar textures in use. The ones in Pitbull look like Melli Dark Rough.

@Everybody talking about Pitbull3 / Pitbull4
    According to ckknight and Shefki, in this post:
    PitBull 3.0 can be considered in a stasis. No more work is being done on it, all development efforts are going into PitBull 4.0.
    Also, please note that the "current status" on that post is horribly wrong - it hasn't been updated in quite some time. Auras and Raid Frames are included, and there's a new Text Provider called "LuaTexts" written by Shefki - it allows you to use raw Lua instead of DogTags to make your texts.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    @Everybody talking about Pitbull3 / Pitbull4
    According to ckknight and Shefki, in this post:Also, please note that the "current status" on that post is horribly wrong - it hasn't been updated in quite some time.  Auras and Raid Frames are included, and there's a new Text Provider called "LuaTexts" written by Shefki - it allows you to use raw Lua instead of DogTags to make your texts.
    Doesn't change the fact that PB4 still has no official release versions and PB3 is still working perfectly.

The smartest thing to do is recommending PB3 to other people. Of course you can *mention* PB4 along with it, as long as you point out that it is WIP and has no release versions, thus bugs are to be expected and support is (if there is any at all) limited.

This is what i'm trying to say in every thread where PB4 is recommended by someone, but that same someone fails to mention it's experimental status.

Many many people use PB4 and have no problems with it. Also there IS support and it is not limited. I submitted 3 tickets so far and go answers quickly. I don't see how this is considered as an experimental version and why people should use PB3.

15+ Year Old Account

Many many people use PB4 and have no problems with it. Also there IS support and it is not limited. I submitted 3 tickets so far and go answers quickly. I don't see how this is considered as an experimental version and why people should use PB3.
    "No release versions" = Alpha/Beta/Experimental

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Venara's correct. Even the authors consider Pitbull 4 marginal at best, currently.

Either yesterday or today, Shefki made a post in the official Pitbull4 forum thread over at WoWAce saying, in regards to Pitbull4:
    And it's alpha teetering on beta if I ever work out the remaining performance issues and close a few tickets I've not been looking forward to finishing.
    If you are not comfortable making bug reports on the WoWAce ticketing system, do NOT use Pitbull4. Every. Single. Error. It. Throws. MUST be reported on the ticketing system. Period. If you want rock-solid non-experimental unit frames, use Pitbull 3, StUF, oUF, or any of the other UF addons.