Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Arethea
    @Twentyfourth

This is the only addon i could think of.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...odyscreen.aspx
    :O You're a god among men! THANK YOU
    I've wrestled with an alligator, I've tussled with a whale, I done cuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see.
    -The Greatest

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@-Cynical-

Some minimap addons have the ability to move that. I know that Chinchilla does, since that's what I use. I'm fairly sure that simpleminimap and sexymap also can do it.

Hey everyone I need to know the name of this UI http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/501...meofthisui.jpg

thanks in advance!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It looks conceptually similar to Vexione's UI, but isn't. That's the closest I can think of off the top of my head, however. I suggest checking out http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat28.html - WoWI's "UI Suites and Compilations" category. However, there's nearly 900 UI's there. You may find one there similar to this, or find another one that's to your liking.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by frozencold19
    Hey everyone I need to know the name of this UI http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/501...meofthisui.jpg

thanks in advance!
    Looks like Caith's UI with some minor changes.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-CaithUI.html

Deleted

I was wondering if there is a cross-faction friendlist addon featuring the /i command

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

"Cross-faction friendlist addon"? Considering that members of the opposite faction don't show up on /who, then, no, there isn't, since that would be the only way to check on them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    "Cross-faction friendlist addon"? Considering that members of the opposite faction don't show up on /who, then, no, there isn't, since that would be the only way to check on them.
    Well you can actually use the /i command even for member of the other faction, if they're online they game will say 'Target is unfriendly'. I thought maybe somebody wrote an addon using that command^^

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm assuming /i is inspect? Interesting. I still doubt anybody has actually done such an addon, however.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    I'm assuming /i is inspect? Interesting. I still doubt anybody has actually done such an addon, however.
    It's invite^^

Quote Originally Posted by frozencold19

thanks in advance!
    I would love my UI to be the same as that, but when i downloaded CaithUI, I had no idea how to put it like that as my screen was in a big jumble.

So i desided to download Grid and give it a go. Problem is, I can't get it to look like this-

The one from the iliveuser interface

Deleted

I have a question is there a addon that let you link combat text from the combat text window
    to your chat window like guild chat or Party chat ?

Thanks ahead

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Devillien

Use a chat addon that gives you the ability to copy/paste. Chatter and Prat both have this.

@Nexxious
    Turn off "invert colors", Center Text 1 is name, Center Text 2 is health deficit/status, healthbars are class-colored, and opacity is tied to range. I don't use Grid anymore, so that's all I can really tell you on how to configure it.

Hey i was wondering if anyone here knows if there is a way to achieve mouse-over textual info in stuf unit frames?
    I love stuf but i cant stand not having text the way i want and i cant figure it out in pattern tags [the stuf equivalent of dogtags]

So Dogtags in pitbull userframes is perfect, it's limitless as far as i'm concerned but i dislike pitbull
    am i just boned or is there something i can do to like sub in dogtags?

Worst case scenario, is there someone here who can write up some custom lua for displaying current target health (shortened) and then their max hp on mouse-over. hate to ask but a player version of that as well

please help me out thanks a million

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Yellowstone, StUF does have the option to go to pure lua texts. That'll let you do just about anything you want with the texts, as long as you know how to make it happen in lua.

Alright, well in that case are there any lua tutorials or something to that effect you [or anyone for that matter] would recommend?

thanks for the fast response

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quile, that'll be close, but Shefki built some (a few) things into LuaTexts as "helper functions" - however, it is QUITE close to true lua. Should help for 99% of what most people want from their texts on a UF, though.

15+ Year Old Account

I have a question about ForteXorcist. I play an enhancement shaman, and for the life of me I can't seem to get rid of the totem bars that pop up on the spell timer. Is there a way to not show the totem timers when I drop them, but show everything else?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

There should be a way to remove them from Forte's tracking, but as I don't use Forte myself, I'm unaware as to where the option is. Type /fx to bring up the Forte config, and scroll down to the timers section. It should be in there.