Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

There has been alot of talk of how to get minimap button borbers changed. It is indeed done by simple graphic replacement. You need to put 2 files to your wowfolder/interface/minimap folder (this folder does not exist by default, you have to make it). The files are minimap-trackingborder.blp (the actual borders file) and ui-minimap-zoombutton-highlight.blp (graphic file for highlight when u hover your cursor over a minimap button). These BLP files are encoded .PNG graphic files.

Below on a link you can find border replacement I have made for myself. Feel free to use those if you want or edit them to suit your own liking.
    To edit the files you need to decode them with a program. Wow Image converter is a simple program that can decode and encode the files (BLP <-> PNG). After decoding the files you can edit them with any graphic editor program. After you have edited the pictures you need to encode them back to BLP format with the converter, then just copy the files to the right folder and it's finished.

Pic of the border replacement I made for myself and that's included within the link below. The blue cube over one of the borders is the highlight graphic I made to go with the border. (Tried to make it look like VolM skin from cycircled, it aint perfect and i will prolly try to improve it a bit still.)

http://files.filefront.com/minimap+b.../fileinfo.html
    Pack with the graphic replacement files i made.

Bad sides on this is that not all addons use the borders but their own borders. Deadly boss mods for example doesn't seem to use the border graphic and it's borders stayed as the default, but it still uses the highlight graphic. So these kind of problems may appear. Also it seems that diffirend addons minimap icons align the borders a bit diff. So if i compare the highlight graphic for example it might appear a pixel more to the right then others. But in overall it works kinda nice and can make a nice finishing touch to your customized UI.

Hope this helps a bit. Making the graphics aint hard, but it takes a bit of tweaking to get things alligned etc. This might not be the only way, but it's one way of doing it. Good thing with this way is that you dont need any kind of addon to do this, so it's good for people who try to keep their addons and memory usage in the minimum.

-Carud

Hi.

Ive always built my opwn UI's but never gone as hard core as changing borders textures etc 'cos its just beyond me.

Ive finally deicded to download a very smart looking package but ive come across a bit of a hurdle.

I havnt got a clue who to install this package so i get that instead of my current UI.

Also before i go any further i want to be able to backup my current UI incase i want to revert back to it.

Im sure this is a pretty nooby question that gets asked alot but i cant seem to find any decent tutorials etc.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Ty

//Pot
    "Cloak of Shadows should last for 6 months, withdraw all the money out of our attackers bank account and make their mother pregnant with a ginger child. Then it'll be overpowered"

Which command should I to type to get the panel with addon preferences?

I had the icon on my minimap but I did hide that.

Or does that work with Fubar only? Cant I get the panel without fubar?

So i downloaded this UI

but the I cant get rid of all my blessings, I need more space to get it fit.

So i would have more space to get my Blessings fit ( and other macro's )

Anyone know how i can do it? or knows a UI wich looks like this but with more space for my skill/blessings/seals/macro's?

please

anyone no a Addon that tell u when FD Resisted ? atm im using Parrot and i dont think it say when my FD get resisted

ty

Any 1 know how to use cycircled in pitbull aura's ?

Anyone who can tell me what the hell that addon is, I will gladly donate 10 unspoiled virgins to you.

I know what all my addons are, so this must be some function of one I use that I dont know about.

Every time a pala uses divine intervention, or a shammy ankhs, I have this bloody thing on my screen for up to an hour. Really annoying.

Please, help!

@ gingerlemon

Cooldowntimer in oRA2, rightclick ure oRA2, choose cooldown and uncheck toggle

Alterac Deviants ; Ravencrest EU 13/13 | 6/7H

Quote Originally Posted by Lunytic
    @ gingerlemon

Cooldowntimer in oRA2, rightclick ure oRA2, choose cooldown and uncheck toggle
    Expect those virgins in the post within 8-12 weeks.

What Mod is it that takes all the buttons on your minimap and puts them all into one?

Minimapbuttonbag?

Quote Originally Posted by kariken
    What Mod is it that takes all the buttons on your minimap and puts them all into one?
    Minimap Button Frame

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/10298/
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtheparanoiac
    Any 1 know how to use cycircled in pitbull aura's ?
    I wonder this too.

Anyone know?

Hello,

I ve tried a lot of unit frames mods and none of them do it for me ...

So i m stuck using Blizzard unit frames improved with Adapt / Class Icons / CT unit frame / Focus target. So far so good.

Now i m looking for an add on that would show my party members targets with blizzard default target frame style

Thank you !

Im sure most of you have seen the funeral video. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get or what the add on that made all the party memebers 3d images instead of having bars?

Hey there, think I found the right thread for this. Anyways, Im wondering if anyone knows what kind of addons this particular warrior is using. I've highlighted the ones I'd like to know more about.

So basically what Im wondering is what they're called and what they do.

Thanks, Stinki

whats this addon ???

Quote Originally Posted by släx

whats this addon ???
    (green) looks like quartz - it shows you when the battleground begins in that pic
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

yeah, i think its quartz too but i dont know how to disable or move it

edit: i found it 8)

im looking für an addon which makes an arrow pointing to my target