Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    So I was looking at RealUI and really liked the datatext bar at the bottom of the screen. I was wondering if there is any way to "borrow" this and use it in my own UI? :P
    I can't say what RealUI used, but Bazooka allows you to have an identical bar with identical data -- it is one of the many LDB display frameworks. I wouldn't be shocked if they just had some custom skinning, coloring, or LDB data sources sitting in a standard container.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    I am using Stuf for my boss frames.. But I can't figure out how to, if it is even possible, to like.. Change the border texture or the opacity of one frame if I have that frame targeted..

Example:

3 bosses. Boss 1, 2 and 3. I have boss 1 as my target. Boss 1 gets a yellow border or something.

It's incredibly annoying on fights like Protectors to have boss frames, but them not showing which of the bosses I have as my current target.

And! I want tu use Skada instead of Recount. But for some reason, when I relog, the Skada windows (using one threat and one dps/hps window) jumps around a bit. Just a few pixels per window.. But still enough to make me throw up everytime I log on... Any ideas as to what might be the reason for this?

- - - Updated - - -

No one? :/

Gonna try a bump on this one again. Any tips appreciated.

I am using Stuf for my boss frames.. But I can't figure out how to, if it is even possible, to like.. Change the border texture or the opacity of one frame if I have that frame targeted..

And! I want tu use Skada instead of Recount. But for some reason, when I relog, the Skada windows (using one threat and one dps/hps window) jumps around a bit. Just a few pixels per window.. But still enough to make me throw up everytime I log on... Any ideas as to what might be the reason for this?
    I usually hesitate to recommend a different addon to solve a problem, but I don't know if stuf can do what you want. ShadowedUF can, certainly for the border highlight, and I think also the alpha changing based on targetting. I believe it was kind of a follow-on to stuf when it wasn't actively being worked on, so might be a fairly smooth transition.

I use Skada, and have absolutely no similar problem with it moving. This is not a core Skada issue as far as I can tell. Which means you should dig into other addons and see if you can figure out what else is triggering that problem; this probably explains why nobody can directly help you with that issue.

Deleted
    Yeah I was afraid you were gonna tell me that.. I've really looked into Stuf to do what I want. I really like the customizability(?! lol@word...) of Stuf. Kind of always had something against ShadowedUF..

I'll dig into Skada though. Might have something to do with where I have it positioned in ElvUI...

Thanks though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    So I was looking at RealUI and really liked the datatext bar at the bottom of the screen. I was wondering if there is any way to "borrow" this and use it in my own UI? :P
    For reference, this is the bar I mean:

I downloaded RealUI but can not see the sign of any file name which would suggest that it was the bar that I'm looking for :\

Any help would be appreciated
    The file you're looking for is nibRealUI\Modules\InfoLine.lua. Unfortunately if you want it standalone, it's looks like it will require a bit of restructuring.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a play around and see what I can make of things.

Lightbulb

Yeah I was afraid you were gonna tell me that.. I've really looked into Stuf to do what I want. I really like the customizability(?! lol@word...) of Stuf. Kind of always had something against ShadowedUF..
    I felt bad reading this, and then I remembered: part of the design philosophy of Stuf is that "anything that can be done in another addon, should be", and that reminded me of Kong Automatic UI Hider, which does have the capability to adjust frame alpha based on a wide range of conditions.

Assuming that Stuf boss frames have a unique (enough) frame name, you should be able to set up a conditional fade on them using a "UnitIsUnit" test to check if you are targetting them, or whatever other condition you want.

Deleted
    Oh brilliant! I'll have a look when I get home from work. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to blacklist a specific debuff in a wekaura2 player debuff tracker?

Is there a way, using the ElvUI action bars, to make it so when I use Alt + Mouse scroll up or something it changes the page of certain action bars? I know there's a way to make it so it changes depending on what modifiers you're holding down with the action paging stuff, but that's not really ideal.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with adding a font to SharedMedia_MyMedia. I have got fonts working in the past, but whenever I go to add another one it breaks them all together. I can't see the problem because I'm literally copy and pasting the line above and changing the font name and the location of the file. I've attached what the file looks like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iuris View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with adding a font to SharedMedia_MyMedia. I have got fonts working in the past, but whenever I go to add another one it breaks them all together. I can't see the problem because I'm literally copy and pasting the line above and changing the font name and the location of the file. I've attached what the file looks like.

It might be that you're not using standard ASCII double quotes around the font names. There should be a MyMedia.bat.txt in your SharedMedia folder, and if you rename that to MyMedia.bat and run it it should add everything in SharedMedia_MyMedia for you without issues.

Edit: I see from the "Post Your UI" thread that you're on a Mac and so I guess the .bat won't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an addon that can make a list of missing glyphs on an alt so that I can know which ones I need to make with my Scribe? Sounds trivial, but I hate making lists and would love some sort of addon list to just pull it up in game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    It might be that you're not using standard ASCII double quotes around the font names. There should be a MyMedia.bat.txt in your SharedMedia folder, and if you rename that to MyMedia.bat and run it it should add everything in SharedMedia_MyMedia for you without issues.

Edit: I see from the "Post Your UI" thread that you're on a Mac and so I guess the .bat won't work.
    Wow, I feel like such an idiot! That worked, thanks man. Always need that second pair of eyes to just look at something.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there an addon to set the default guild pane to roster instead of news? ive never cared about the news pane and its only adds an extra click to what i want to see.
    (just want to change the default tab, not looking for anything like titan-social, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    is there an addon to set the default guild pane to roster instead of news? ive never cared about the news pane and its only adds an extra click to what i want to see.
    (just want to change the default tab, not looking for anything like titan-social, etc.)
    What do you mean by default? Are you talking about the tab it displays the first time you open it for the session?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    What do you mean by default? Are you talking about the tab it displays the first time you open it for the session?
    yes, what i would like is to be able to hotkey opening the roster tab, rather than the news tab. which most of us have no use for at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    yes, what i would like is to be able to hotkey opening the roster tab, rather than the news tab. which most of us have no use for at all.
    Here's the Lua, you can shove it in an addon:
    Code:
    local done
    local function ToggleGuildFrame_hook()
        if not done then
            GuildFrameTab2:Click()
            done=true
        end
    end
    hooksecurefunc("ToggleGuildFrame",ToggleGuildFrame_hook)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Here's the Lua, you can shove it in an addon:
    Code:
    local done
    local function ToggleGuildFrame_hook()
        if not done then
            GuildFrameTab2:Click()
            done=true
        end
    end
    hooksecurefunc("ToggleGuildFrame",ToggleGuildFrame_hook)
    Thank you very much!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed the issue
    Last edited by iuris; 2014-01-18 at 10:55 PM.