Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Hi guys, and please forgive my low english. (it seems that Frenchies don't have a good English) :

I've got a problem with Parrot. It shows my heals but no mana regen except my Shadowfiend : I can't see the mana gain from a Shadow priest, nor from a mana potion.

Is this a bug from patch 2.4? I can't find what I have to change in the options =/

Quote Originally Posted by naëlia
    Hi guys, and please forgive my low english. (it seems that Frenchies don't have a good English) :

I've got a problem with Parrot. It shows my heals but no mana regen except my Shadowfiend : I can't see the mana gain from a Shadow priest, nor from a mana potion.

Is this a bug from patch 2.4? I can't find what I have to change in the options =/
    Parrot is not updated for patch 2.4, and wont be for some time. You'll be better off getting another scrolling combat text.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaztos
    Hello,

I know this question may have been asked here a lot before, but I couldn't seem to find it. Anyway, can anyone please tell me what the addon that makes your targets buffs/debuffs with a border like that?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...308_204642.jpg
    Think its cyCircled but am not that good with which one... :P

Also works on the action bar buttons

Quote Originally Posted by aeon|Homer
    Hello.
    I downloaded the newest (??) version of Caithlyn UI just now, and was eager to get it up and running as it's one of my all time favourite UI's. (Thanks Caithlyn. <3) But to my dissappointment I found this on the Pitbull frames.

and

Hopefully you guys can help me fix this.

Signed,
    Homer.
    You need to update your DogTags in your Pitbull frames. There is a new DogTag script and I guess your UI is still using the old one.
    Horde reconnaissance at best:

Quote Originally Posted by jpillz
    Parrot is not updated for patch 2.4, and wont be for some time. You'll be better off getting another scrolling combat text.
    I think you're wrong. Parrot has been updated 1 day ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mixu
    You need to update your DogTags in your Pitbull frames. There is a new DogTag script and I guess your UI is still using the old one.
    Only download the new one?

EDIT: Tried downloading newest availible at www.wowace.com/files, but it didn't work. Can you walk me through it, please?

Hello.
    I downloaded the newest (??) version of Caithlyn UI just now, and was eager to get it up and running as it's one of my all time favourite UI's. (Thanks Caithlyn. <3) But to my dissappointment I found this on the Pitbull frames.

Hopefully you guys can help me fix this.

Signed,
    Homer.
    DogTags changed, go in pitbull options for each frame, change the text in the dropdown to something default.

Quote Originally Posted by B1ue
    hi ..i have a big problem but my english very bad.i hope u can help me guys..

how i can close this signed box or how can i move it other sides ?
    Cowtip

Quote Originally Posted by vinette
    AFAIK parrot still hasn't been rewritten.

Only download the new one?

EDIT: Tried downloading newest availible at www.wowace.com/files, but it didn't work. Can you walk me through it, please?
    No, you have to fix the DogTags in your PitBull. You probably already have the new DogTag file itself but the UI you have is using the old DogTag script.

Quote Originally Posted by vinette
    You're right. This is pleasing news.

Quote Originally Posted by jpillz
    Ok, thanks

afaik: Parrot has not been reworked to work with 2.4 by ckknight, and will not be. He is planning on writing Parrot 2.0, for patch 2.4+, when he has time. When it is 'updated', that is ckknight working on the libraries, not the mod itself. He's been busy with Pitbull and other addons, iirc. There is, however, a patch located on the WoWAce forums to port Parrot 1.0 to work with the new 2.4 combat log. It has issues, but is usable. I've been checking both posts on a regular basis since 2.4, but he could have made a ninja edit in there somewhere. :P

Here's my question though: I recently updated all of my mods and libraries for the 2nd full time after 2.4, and have had no serious problems. However, it seems that certain mods (Quartz, Grid) are not acknowledging the MyMedia files in SharedMedia, yet Pitbull and Capping are. Whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Calandre
    Here's my question though: I recently updated all of my mods and libraries for the 2nd full time after 2.4, and have had no serious problems. However, it seems that certain mods (Quartz, Grid) are not acknowledging the MyMedia files in SharedMedia, yet Pitbull and Capping are. Whats up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mixu
    Replace all your SML:Register with SharedMedia:Register in MyMedia.lua.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4872/porgcm7.jpg
    What is the addon for that mob tooltip on the right side of the screen called?
    How can I get more skins for cycircled if there are any besides the default ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Thanks Mixu, I must suck at reading. lol

Is it possible to upload a UI into my interface folder and make it so that only one character would use that specific UI? I found a great shadow priest UI that would be great with my alt but it wouldn't be suitable for my paladin, and I would like to have my priest use a different UI while my paladin uses the same one as now. Is it possible?
    Gladiator Lifehammer - 80 Holy Paladin - Dark Iron PvP
    Antihammer the Flawless Victor - Unholy Death Knight
    Rival Unholyheals - 70 Shadow Priest - Dark Iron PvP

I found this image on the forums here somewhere and had a few questions about it.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9629/uivz9.jpg

-How do you achieve the segmented look in the bottom area? I am thinking it's with eePanels, but I'm very new to it so I don't know how to create any custom looks or textures.

-How do you get the skinning on the buttons? I tried using cyCircled, but when I tried it out the timer for OmniCC didn't show up. If it is cyCircled how do I get OmniCC to work with it?

-How do you get the Fubar plugin buttons detached from the minimap and squared?

-What kind of chat mod is that? I like the formatting of the different chat tabs.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica
    http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4872/porgcm7.jpg
    What is the addon for that mob tooltip on the right side of the screen called?
    How can I get more skins for cycircled if there are any besides the default ones?
    Looks like CowTip

i was wondering if someone could suggest a raid status addon to show healer mp/afk's/DC's etc. last i heard xraid status was out of date and was filled with errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimform
    i was wondering if someone could suggest a raid status addon to show healer mp/afk's/DC's etc. last i heard xraid status was out of date and was filled with errors.
    XRS has been working fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetrix
    Think its cyCircled but am not that good with which one... :P

Also works on the action bar buttons
    Thanks, I'm using CyCircled atm, but I can't get it to work for my targets buffs/debuffs.. I only have it for CoolDownButtoms, Actionbars and normal buffs.