Quote Originally Posted by 05fjword View Post
    An add on that reminds me when Paladin self buffs (Greater Blessings of Might etc) have dropped off.
    I can find ones for Rogues poisons but not BoK/BoM/BoW.
    Cheers!
    WeakAuras can definitely do this for you. Probably other similar addons like TellMeWhen as well.

Does there exist an addon where you can copy the list of names signed up in the ingame calendar? We recently went away from our website calendar due to issues with it, and if we are sorting out the raid ingame, it will be hell. We never sort the raid randomly, so we do put some thought into it.

So being able to copy the whole list of who signed to Google Sheets would be awesome.

Deleted
    I'm having some issues with the following when executed in WA:

SLASH_ADTEST1, SLASH_ADTEST2 = "/adt", "/adtest";
    function SlashCmdList.ADTEST(msg)
    print("it works!")
    end

I'd like to make a script run on slash commands, which would be saved in WA (so I don't need to create lua files manually)
    But when the following code's run in WA, it throws an exception

[string "return ..."]:8: attempt to index global 'SlashCmdList' (a function value)

The code obviously works when I execute it via /script.

Any workarounds for this or do I need to create lua files?

Deleted
    Hey guys!
    I'm using QuseMap and I was wondering if you guys got a lua string or something else for an order hall button like there is in the normal map

Deleted
    i installed elvui+shadow and light. I used some config but now i cant move my skada like its locked. What do

Deleted
    Hello!

I have an issue with weak auras 2.

any weak aura i import is buged(not working:

Some icons are intended to show a cooldown after using them, its not working they are just glowing ( which means i have to use them ).
    I tryed several auras, none working correctly. Also some Aura icons are missing, and sometimes they are just counting from 8 to 5 , and repeating.
    I have the newest WA2 addon.

Can someone help me, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, maybe my Googlefu skills are lacking but I can not find a weakaura or addon that displays an artifact bar. I've found broker display plugins that show artifact power text but I want a bar and I don't use a broker display mod (don't want to install one just for 1 plugin anyways). So do any of you weakaura masters know of a way to do a artifact xp bar? Just a bar display is fine, text not needed.

Anyone who can make an updated version of this https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ta...target-tooltip or tinytiptargets? Ok to ask stuff like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Hey im looking to remove the annoying flash and boarders on blizzards CC alerters for pvp. no idea how to do this. that or update lose control for legion lol
    Last edited by eosgreen; 2016-09-18 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    Heya fellas, I'm looking to better understand global variables,

I'm storing a number (I assume an int?) as count = 3

when I try to call on the variable somewhere else however I cant do

if count = 3 then -- dostuff

so Im assuming its in a list or whatnot, but I cant seem to figure out how it is stored; when I do sendchatmessage(count) then it does send the message as 3.. but the boolean doesnt go through.. I hope someone can help!

Along the lines of of ask for assistance give some assistance ;

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Okay, maybe my Googlefu skills are lacking but I can not find a weakaura or addon that displays an artifact bar. I've found broker display plugins that show artifact power text but I want a bar and I don't use a broker display mod (don't want to install one just for 1 plugin anyways). So do any of you weakaura masters know of a way to do a artifact xp bar? Just a bar display is fine, text not needed.
    is this what you're looking for?

Code:
    dm0vfaqjvGAuskNssAwGIBbsTljHHrvCmq1YajptL00OQ6AsQ2MkQVPc14arNtfY9aHSpjr1bbLwii4HQinrjrCruLSrQs(OkItsvQvIOzQcQBIQu7uL6NOkAOOQSuvG8uPMQQ6QOkSvjrzSQaCwvaTxL)sKgmWHPyXQepwIjJkxM0MrPpJGrJqNMWQLePxdc1SvLBtu7Mk)MsdhfhxfKLJ0Zf10HUUiBNi67eHXJQQZtvz)cp47VwEn3AU9xZppzzZkoVo7581Zh7VE9Zh53duqc5yH2V)1(4jlBwX5f0qc5vp1HS(rE8x)muWp(8yH2)XRnfuyD59xNrdf3FTSMZgcQu0hJUUH9axZzLkR5SHGoiSwwZzdbD9jw5lgol0FIALPomr1tTbqKdGjazLFFb4IAYyamoUaGe1a8SsQbWYgazFb4jy1HRfobU)AoR0skJw5Dz4W1Swh61ZqiVMN84FyVV516lg6P2NLU)UHVBp7gQ5vD)xp6SF4h5bkipFfoKhpwORFD3x3n8HRzOwcunN5JQfrwyD72Z6N1WT)A08uhU)A50df7pC4AoblROKEOV9xlNEOy)HdxtTpD)1YPhk2F4W1msYGMN6W9xlNEOy)HdxtnfD)1YPhk2F4W1SMckSU9xlNEOy)HdhUMQeew33hJU2KOMlg6AHtGslwzMNIk3UHVMtKR0KRGcj11M3BDjLrR8x5hxZMCfuyD1QgKbiabiauftuxaY6tlyT6WeGtLclffSMcYdVR4ef51HscggLdwkkynf0BhRTw1QbP64cYGmidYGmidYGCTPGcj1pvqGGs5TLt3n0W9SMtKzEgFFLF8WklUoabiabiabiabiab4GlRrQGabLU)A0hJUUKYOvEnJslQdjQMhsCn0WxNCQKQdxBsODDjLrRCLKOguyDRztUckSUAvdYaeGaeGNTyEbOKOu1H8zLqPWeagRWH5MrDyaGOaK1NwWA1HjaNkfwkkynfKhExXjkYRdLemmkhSuuWAkO3owBTQvdYaeGaeGNTyEbGXkHsVvLt5caefGS(0cw7kmbG3gHJ3Qlbbdv6jkENKHLIcwtb)uJaZ8LOfIMS5Yt9IALpa(QXyfom3mQdHjaLeLQoKpRekTA1GmabiabGQyI6cqjrPQd5ZkHsHHXkHsVvLt5GbPjnivhxqgKbzqgKb56skJwzPOpgDDgnykVoLvPjNahewxiQfiEDIHZG66uwLYO0I6qIQ5HehewZO0I6qIQ5HeLAzuQbT01v(6skJw51SjxbfwxTQbzacqacavXe1faKM0GuDCbzqgKb5W1UK8NkiqqP5DdFTOyD7YAb3AyPOG1uWaWptaUyOR5ezMNX3x5hpibbI46aSwcbhsC3W94znrvqGiU7REgUoVgQkGQc4v4FTK7gUFOGpCd
    Last edited by mmocfbca7f21de; 2016-09-18 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Heya fellas, I'm looking to better understand global variables,

I'm storing a number (I assume an int?) as count = 3 ..

when I try to call on the variable somewhere else however I cant do

if count = 3 then

so Im assuming its in a list or whatnot, but I cant find how it is stored, when I do sendchatmessage(count) then it does print as 3.. but the boolean doesnt go through.. hope someone can HELP!
    In the case of WoW addons, a global variable is one that's accessible to all addons, which is probably not what you want. What you probably do want is a variable that's local to the scope of your whole addon, which you do by writing local count = 3 at the top level of your code, i.e. not inside of an if or for or function block.

If you want to check whether or not the value stored in the variable count is 3, what you write is if count == 3, with two equal signs. = is the assignment operator and == is the equality comparison operator.

Lua (version 5.1, which is what WoW uses) also doesn't have ints as such by default, by the way; the value 3 has the type number.

Chapters 2-5 of Programming in Lua might be good to read if you want a solid understanding of the main parts of the language you use in WoW addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    In the case of WoW addons, a global variable is one that's accessible to all addons, which is probably not what you want. What you probably do want is a variable that's local to the scope of your whole addon, which you do by writing local count = 3 at the top level of your code, i.e. not inside of an if or for or function block.

If you want to check whether or not the value stored in the variable count is 3, what you write is if count == 3, with two equal signs. = is the assignment operator and == is the equality comparison operator.

Lua (version 5.1, which is what WoW uses) also doesn't have ints as such by default, by the way; the value 3 has the type number.

Chapters 2-5 of Programming in Lua might be good to read if you want a solid understanding of the main parts of the language you use in WoW addons.
    Ill share my code to clear things up:
    Code:
    local count = 0

if UnitBuff('player','Shark Infested Waters') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','True Bearing') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Jolly Roger') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Grand Melee') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Buried Treasure') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Broadsides') then
        count = count + 1
    end

SendChatMessage("I rolled a ".. count,"CHANNEL",nil,"6");
    RtBCount = count
    WeakAuras.ScanEvents("RtBRolled")
    then I got a different weak aura that triggers on the RtBRolled event:

Code:
    function() 
        SendChatMessage('yep a:'..RtBCount,"CHANNEL",nil,"6")
        if RtBCount == 2 then 
            SendChatMessage("AWW SHIT YEAH A".. count .. "! WOOHOO ITS A TWO IT WORKZ","CHANNEL",nil,"6");
            return true
        end
    end
    so even though it says 'yep a 2' the AWW SHIT YEAH line doesnt trigger..

any idea whats going on?

---------
    it's about the way it basses the variable, it works as I want if I do:

Code:
    local count = 0

if UnitBuff('player','Shark Infested Waters') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','True Bearing') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Jolly Roger') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Grand Melee') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Buried Treasure') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if UnitBuff('player','Broadsides') then
        count = count + 1
    end

if count == 1 then
        local t = {'a' , 'b', 'c' }
        SendChatMessage("Aw shocks a ".. count,"SAY");
    end

if count == 2 then
        local t = {'a' , 'b', 'c' }
        SendChatMessage("Alrighty a ".. count,"SAY");
    end
    if count == 3 then
        SendChatMessage("Aaaalright, rolled a ".. count,"SAY");
    end
    if count == 6 then
        SendChatMessage("CRACK OPEN THE BUBBLY I ROLLED A ".. count ..'!' ,"SAY");
    end

RtBCount = count
    WeakAuras.ScanEvents("RtBRolled")
    Using this final code for now as it does what I want, I'd like to know why its not working though ._>
    Last edited by mmocfbca7f21de; 2016-09-18 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this what you're looking for?

Code:
    dm0vfaqjvGAuskNssAwGIBbsTljHHrvCmq1YajptL00OQ6AsQ2MkQVPc14arNtfY9aHSpjr1bbLwii4HQinrjrCruLSrQs(OkItsvQvIOzQcQBIQu7uL6NOkAOOQSuvG8uPMQQ6QOkSvjrzSQaCwvaTxL)sKgmWHPyXQepwIjJkxM0MrPpJGrJqNMWQLePxdc1SvLBtu7Mk)MsdhfhxfKLJ0Zf10HUUiBNi67eHXJQQZtvz)cp47VwEn3AU9xZppzzZkoVo7581Zh7VE9Zh53duqc5yH2V)1(4jlBwX5f0qc5vp1HS(rE8x)muWp(8yH2)XRnfuyD59xNrdf3FTSMZgcQu0hJUUH9axZzLkR5SHGoiSwwZzdbD9jw5lgol0FIALPomr1tTbqKdGjazLFFb4IAYyamoUaGe1a8SsQbWYgazFb4jy1HRfobU)AoR0skJw5Dz4W1Swh61ZqiVMN84FyVV516lg6P2NLU)UHVBp7gQ5vD)xp6SF4h5bkipFfoKhpwORFD3x3n8HRzOwcunN5JQfrwyD72Z6N1WT)A08uhU)A50df7pC4AoblROKEOV9xlNEOy)HdxtTpD)1YPhk2F4W1msYGMN6W9xlNEOy)HdxtnfD)1YPhk2F4W1SMckSU9xlNEOy)HdhUMQeew33hJU2KOMlg6AHtGslwzMNIk3UHVMtKR0KRGcj11M3BDjLrR8x5hxZMCfuyD1QgKbiabiauftuxaY6tlyT6WeGtLclffSMcYdVR4ef51HscggLdwkkynf0BhRTw1QbP64cYGmidYGmidYGCTPGcj1pvqGGs5TLt3n0W9SMtKzEgFFLF8WklUoabiabiabiabiab4GlRrQGabLU)A0hJUUKYOvEnJslQdjQMhsCn0WxNCQKQdxBsODDjLrRCLKOguyDRztUckSUAvdYaeGaeGNTyEbOKOu1H8zLqPWeagRWH5MrDyaGOaK1NwWA1HjaNkfwkkynfKhExXjkYRdLemmkhSuuWAkO3owBTQvdYaeGaeGNTyEbGXkHsVvLt5caefGS(0cw7kmbG3gHJ3Qlbbdv6jkENKHLIcwtb)uJaZ8LOfIMS5Yt9IALpa(QXyfom3mQdHjaLeLQoKpRekTA1GmabiabGQyI6cqjrPQd5ZkHsHHXkHsVvLt5GbPjnivhxqgKbzqgKb56skJwzPOpgDDgnykVoLvPjNahewxiQfiEDIHZG66uwLYO0I6qIQ5HehewZO0I6qIQ5HeLAzuQbT01v(6skJw51SjxbfwxTQbzacqacavXe1faKM0GuDCbzqgKb5W1UK8NkiqqP5DdFTOyD7YAb3AyPOG1uWaWptaUyOR5ezMNX3x5hpibbI46aSwcbhsC3W94znrvqGiU7REgUoVgQkGQc4v4FTK7gUFOGpCd
    Perfect! Thank you! (lulz at the /say action)

Deleted
    Code:
    function() 
        SendChatMessage('yep a:'..RtBCount,"CHANNEL",nil,"6")
        if RtBCount == 2 then 
            SendChatMessage("AWW SHIT YEAH A".. count .. "! WOOHOO ITS A TWO IT WORKZ","CHANNEL",nil,"6");
            return true
        end
    end
    so even though it says 'yep a 2' the AWW SHIT YEAH line doesnt trigger..

any idea whats going on?
    I'm not familiar with WeakAuras in particular, but this part looks like it's that the value stored in RtBCount is the string "2" and not the number 2, and with how Lua works those are treated as different things when comparing. If so, if RtBCount == "2" then should make it trigger like you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I'm not familiar with WeakAuras in particular, but this part looks like it's that the value stored in RtBCount is the string "2" and not the number 2, and with how Lua works those are treated as different things when comparing. If so, if RtBCount == "2" then should make it trigger like you want.
    Yeah thats what I figured too,.. didnt work either.. I think it might be a list/dict or array of some sort.. but im not familiar enough with lua to trial and error my way through so I'm hoping someone just.. knows ._>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Perfect! Thank you! (lulz at the /say action)
    Anytime! ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So I have the following little code
    Code:
    local known = {}

local function update()
     local i, button = 1
     repeat
    	button = _G["CompactRaidFrame"..i]
     	if button and not known[button] then
    	 	known[button] = true
     	end
     	i=i+1
     until not button
    end

local RFF = CreateFrame("Frame")
    RFF:SetScript("OnEvent",update)
    RFF:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")

hooksecurefunc("CompactUnitFrame_UpdateName",function(frame)
    	local tempName = GetUnitName(frame.unit, true)
    	if tempName ~= nil then 

local name, server = strsplit("-", tempName, 2)
    		local playerName, realm = UnitFullName("player")
    		local isLead = UnitIsGroupLeader(tempName)
    		tempName = GetUnitName(frame.unit, true):match("[^-]+")
    		if isLead then 
    			tempName = "!" .. tempName
    		end
    		if (server == realm) and (name ~= playerName) then
    			tempName = tempName .. "*"
    		end

if name == playerName then
    			tempName = strupper(tempName)
    		end

frame.name:SetText(tempName)
    	end
    end)
    I can change the raidbuttons 99% to my liking
    BUT
    How do I change the fontcolor of the raidframe button text (the names)?
    So no way to change the font color?

frame.name:SetTextColor(r,g,b)

I'm looking to change the blizzard nameplate colors because i cant tell the dif between lock and teamates. any way to recolor these?

Hello, guys, please help me with my problem.

Installed properly Towelliee UI, everything works properly, exept names!.

My name, name of the target, target of target name, focus name, target of focus name shows as "?????????" instead of letters.
    When im choose default profile of SUF, it displays correctly, those "????" appers when i load Towelliie's settings.

Btw, playing in russian realm

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    I'm looking to change the blizzard nameplate colors because i cant tell the dif between lock and teamates. any way to recolor these?
    You could install and use tidyplates or maybe mess around with some of the colorblind settings.