Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Sunwell Plateau Hall of Fame

It's actually more like comparing someone who is sponsored in the olympics, and someone who isn't.

Oh wait...

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    #1 sponsored + nolife guilds + who played the beta and learned bossfights
    #2 sponsored + nolife guilds + who played the beta and learned bossfights
    #3 sponsored + nolife guilds + who played the beta and learned bossfights
    #4 nolife guilds + who played the beta and learned bossfights

etc etc
    You either play to be the best at what you do, or......

you become a spectator wanabe making posts on forums to downsize feats of achievement.

Guess which one you are.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald
    if you spent all you time playing wow then you realy don`t have a life.... i only raid 2 times a week and then i play, grind, farm when i have the time..... cuz i play soccer 3 times a week and i spent all my weekend time with my friends partyìng and just having fun....... i will never let a computer game come before IRL. and if you are raiding 5-6 times a week and you allso have to grind for pots and mats for the raids and do some pvp, then you have 0 hours for IRL and thats realy sad

Might want to think about spending some of that IRL time learning how to speak the english language correctly.

15+ Year Old Account

You either play to be the best at what you do, or......

you become a spectator wanabe making posts on forums to downsize feats of achievement.

Guess which one you are.
    yet another person that get upset when ppl mention irl and topguilds in the same sentence...
    and read all the posts, the most downsize part i typed is nolife, which ofc can offend ppl that feel that they fit the description. Other than that i only defended the fact that they can do what they like and that they obviously are good at, playing wow.

NOW TO THE FUCKING FACT DUMMIE a Hall of Fame with no destinction between sponsored vs nonsponsored is bs. Well not entirely true, not to ppl like you cos you obviously think that 99,99999% of all wowplayers are spectator wanabes.

Hall of Fame is a great idea but why leave out the 99,99999% (thats the majority right uh?) and their achievements, make two hall of fame, period. Then all who done something can brag about it if they want, sponosored as well as nonsponsored.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by lolatyou

Might want to think about spending some of that IRL time learning how to speak the english language correctly.
    Allthough this is totally off topic, I must freaking reply. You maybe don't understand that there are people in this forum from all over the world? And also dyslectic people? I guess you would prefer to answer me in perfect swedish, since I am from Sweden. OK DEAL??? You understood everything he wrote, so why complain. Flaming about spelling is so fucking useless.

On topic, I don't agree that there should be different hall of fame for sponsored vs unsponsored guilds. Allthough I think to be world first I think you spend WAY too much time in front of wow ("No lifer"). But this is the same with all sports/whatever. To be the best you have to give up alot of your social life. Maybe it's more accepted within sports though.

http://dtguilds.com/

Yeah, killing Felmyst with greens is hard. QQ more casuals

NOW TO THE FUCKING FACT DUMMIE a Hall of Fame with no destinction between sponsored vs nonsponsored is bs. Well not entirely true, not to ppl like you cos you obviously think that 99,99999% of all wowplayers are spectator wanabes.
    why split it in sponsored/non-sponsored?

did nihilum get worse when they accepted sponsorship? then their first kills pre sponsorship?
    should they get nametagged cause they where smart and accepted money for things they already managed to achieve? and would have continued to do even without sponsorship?

damn some people really are short sighted

Ok, first off i'm in Premonition and I wanted to clear a little up about the "no life" thats being claimed here. I still work, have a girlfriend and have time to workout and still raid a lot. I've never raided 18hrs. The longest i've put it is till 10hrs of raiding during progression. We are not sponsored (i wish i got paid to play). And the break is a good thing. Right now Sunwell is on a 1 night clear and has been for a few weeks now then BT in 1 night the next day then the week off to do whatever we want. I do arena's and pvp some but mainly go out, party, train, watch movies. I don't have to raid 7 days a week anymore. Pushing the progression hard for 1-2 weeks during each boss is worth it to have days off after its all said and done. Just my 2 cents.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

i have no problem with pps. useing all there time on wow, i just think its sad when the players that are useing all they time on wow says there are not.... if you raid 5-6 time a week you are useing all your time on wow and thats okay if you wanna you your life on that, but plzz don`t say that they are not doing that..... i just think hardcore raiders should spent some more time outside and not just when they are goinf to get redbull or cola....pps, who spent all they time on sport is to no-lifers, but atleast they are outside getting fresh air (wich some smart docters says is very healthy )
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

RandomTroll

yet another person that get upset when ppl mention irl and topguilds in the same sentence...
    and read all the posts, the most downsize part i typed is nolife, which ofc can offend ppl that feel that they fit the description. Other than that i only defended the fact that they can do what they like and that they obviously are good at, playing wow.
    Being Worlds first to make boss kills in this game is as good an achievement as sportsman being the worlds best.

The sportsman is also a "no-life" in the way he puts all his time and effort into doing something he loves to do. Same as a wow player.

IF you wish to call someone a "no-lifer" because they choose to spend their time being good at something they love to do that is up to you.

The fact is YOU choose to spend your time being good at watching people be the best at something, and then you hate on them. That is YOUR decision and since you seem to spen so much time bothering to write about it for something you hate so much, make YOU stupid, and a no lifer.

It's quite nice having a personal perspective on things, dont YOU think?

15+ Year Old Account

Just sideways Nihilum explained many times that sponsorship they get is very limitted and in no terms ''covers their being'' , If I remember they mentioned they get some PC equipment now and then but that's it . So if you think that someone who is sponsored can layback and play 24/7 when getting payed for it you are mistaken . And yes clearly someone who got extra mouse pad and new gaming mouse has so bigger advance over someone who to buy them .

Sponsored / not sponsored doesn't matter ... There's several hardcore guilds that's not sponsored -.-
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Kungen got less days /played than me according to their forums

Unsponsored guilds that were in top 10 deserve more fame than sponsored ones.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Does it really matter if their sponsored or not?
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Unsponsored guilds that were in top 10 deserve more fame than sponsored ones.
    You still don't get it do you?

Nihilum sponsorship is for:

- Traveling to events
    - Website / servers for videos/media (cost alot in bandwidth)
    - Team t-shirts for when they are partisipating in events

They don't get their living expenses covered.

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Kungen got less days /played than me according to their forums
    Thats because taking bosses down doesnt require ./500 days played. It requires brains. (well for a raid leader anyway).

Quality, not quantity springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTroll
    Thats because taking bosses down doesnt require ./500 days played. It requires brains. (well for a raid leader anyway).

Quality, not quantity springs to mind
    Indeed

There was also another post, calculating how Nihilum only spends about 30% of the time that casual/bad guilds does on bosses.

Meaning they actually raid alot LESS than most other guilds in the game.

Nice how much BS that can be posted in the same thread ;D

anyways, here is the link you are searching for:
    http://www.realmhistory.net/guild-ra...l-plateau.html

offtopic:
    nice to see Frostmane EU popping up to be x2 on top 20 <3

Hall of Fame is a great idea but why leave out the 99,99999% (thats the majority right uh?) and their achievements, make two hall of fame, period. Then all who done something can brag about it if they want, sponosored as well as nonsponsored.
    I really can't see how people seem to think getting a free mousepad suddenly gives a guild an unfair advantage over unsponsored guilds. Nihilum got world firsts on C'thun and Kel'thuzad BEFORE they were sponsored... is anyone really surprised they did well in sunwell? Sure maybe they spend most of their time behind a computer but what exactly are you gaining by trying to downsize their achievements? Only the most insecure pathetic people need to downplay others achievements to make themselves feel better.