Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: LoL, Check it out...you'll laugh too!

Wow more fail aoe spell. wtb single target ability?

Quote Originally Posted by optionsown
    Wow more fail aoe spell. wtb single target ability?
    arcane missiles, arcane barrage, arcane blast, frost bolt, ice lance, fireball, pyroblast, scorch, fireblast not enough single target?
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Yeah another downside is it is just another melee range AoE a.k.a roll the dice and get your head bashed in.

I know the vid I posted was rank 1...I added that at the bottom of the post. but still lvl 51 talent? not worth it.

point blank aoe isn't hard to do just run circles around the mobs. Like in hyjal the Abomination aoe damage can be out ranged by standing 3-4 yards away from them
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena
    point blank aoe isn't hard to do just run circles around the mobs. Like in hyjal the Abomination aoe damage can be out ranged by standing 3-4 yards away from them
    Yes, this is correct at 3 yards you dont have to be dry humping your targets, instead you get to blink before the elite mob 1 shots you.

Yeah its not hard to do, but the point is, why do you want to have your head up the ass of the mob your trying to kill when you're a caster and could be 20-30 yds away? If you pull aggro then you at least have legit time to pop IB.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    Yes, this is correct at 3 yards you dont have to be dry humping your targets, instead you get to blink before the elite mob 1 shots you.

Yeah its not hard to do, but the point is, why do you want to have your head up the ass of the mob your trying to kill when you're a caster and could be 20-30 yds away? If you pull aggro then you at least have legit time to pop IB.
    simple way... dont pull agro? you should know what your pally tank can do for threat opening straight up is just plain stupid

altho one thing that this spell could possibly do with is a extra 5 yards

simple way... dont pull agro? you should know what your pally tank can do for threat opening straight up is just plain stupid
    Every mage in end game knows that if you want to stay competitive with locks in AoE and overall damage that you need to push the envelope and lay it on thick during AoE. That combined with the crazy burst damage from fire AoE spells and their ability to proc ignite = ridiculous instant threat....yeah dont pull aggro is rule #1, does it happen? YES

push the envelope yes... start of with spells that can proc big threat numbers no? arcane explosion a couple of times with it's 40% threat reduction you are good then the tank'll have a good threat lead for you to open up with your fire spells

I can settle for this argument, none the less the point im pushing is that if I have to settle for yet another AoE spell, that I would prefer it be ranged...seeing as that I DPS in a dress

Suppose I just like gettin in the nitty gritty of stuff then... also means I can resheep before it gets into the aoe if we are sheepin ><

arcane missiles, arcane barrage, arcane blast, frost bolt, ice lance, fireball, pyroblast, scorch, fireblast not enough single target?
    Obviously not, they gave us frostfire bolt
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

oh yeah forgot that one >< anyway people need to stop complaining about the fact we didnt get loads of new talents and masses of new spells when we already have a load right now

oh yeah forgot that one >< anyway people need to stop complaining about the fact we didnt get loads of new talents and masses of new spells when we already have a load right now
    none are really good.

lol? clearly you dont know your class if "none are really good"

all classes have tons of spells and abilities at this point though, when your main additions to the class are mana cost changes and new ranks then it's just kind of mehh...bland.

On a side note, has anyone ever looked into which classes have the most spells/talents/abilities? Really wouldnt mean anything or matter much, would just be an interesting piece of information to know.

I think the problem is that none of the new skills or talents are that exciting, its all very similar to what we already have. I have six 70s at the moment and the mage is probably the last one i intend to level to 80 purely because there isn't really anything new.

Frostfire - Two current spells mirged together
    Arcane Barrage - Plain Arcane instant spell, doesn't have any sort of interesting proc or bebuff on the target
    Living Bomb - AOE similar to what we already have
    Shatter shield - Shield with build in frost nova
    Deep Freeze - Would be useful if the target isn't have to be frozen is the first place, mainly PvP

Where are the new ideas?

Arcane has elements of maniplulation and stat boosting in. Why not make it so that Arcane Barrage increases any critical strike damage done to the target by 1% (stacks 5 times) for any attackers or drains some mana from the target.

Fire could have a spell that shoots a jet of magma at the target leaving a trail on the ground which can then ignite any targets near it, or if you want to keep something more AOE like a single target spell which then ignites targets around it and the more targets are ignited the more damage it does.

Frost has freezing targets more or less tied up already, how able about being able to shatter the frozen targets sending out ice shards with cause damage to any nearby targets or as knock back effects have been added to players in Wotlk how about avalanche which causes damage, knocks back the target and maybe locks them in place once they are far away from you.
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Fire could have a spell that shoots a jet of magma at the target leaving a trail on the ground which can then ignite any targets near it, or if you want to keep something more AOE like a single target spell which then ignites targets around it and the more targets are ignited the more damage it does.
    I just made a post in one of the other mage threads. I do recall early on hearing rumors from blizz about fireballs with potential "splash" damage to nearby enemies. Would be awesome to have something like that, can even tie it into the fire tree by calling the effect lava splash or something like that. Too bad the rumors didnt seem to come to fruition

Ok, lets make some false assumptions here.

1) Living Bomb at max rank will receive 140% of +dmg over all of the damage done during the duration of the buff.

What this means, is that the first 3 ticks of the DOT will each receive 20% of your plus dmg and the explosion receiving 80% of your dmg. This spreads out the dmg recieved equally.

2) Max rank, at lvl 80, does 131 per 2s then explodes for 520 dmg.

3) a typical lvl 80 mage will be pushing 2k spell dmg.

With these 3 assumptions, living bomb will do 531dmg every 2s, then explode for 2120 dmg for a total of 3713dmg over 6 seconds, or roughly 620 dps.

Currently, my arcane explosion with 1300 dmg will do around 550 dps spammed (18 casts woot!). just with the damage increase alone, Drdamage puts a mage with +2k dmg spamming current rank 70 Arcane Explosion at over 650 dps.

Living bomb needs to have ~180-200% +dmg co-efficient to be worthy spell by any means.
    +200% would be 800dps, 5k/dmg over 6s , 3 ticks of 730 dmg, + explosion for 2700

living joke, who cares about aoe. mages want the ranged single target dps crown back that was stolen from us from 2.0 onwards after rolling ignites and damage co-efficient nerf were installed.

I really don't understand why people are claiming that living bomb is fine and mages are fine.

I mean, we're spending fifty-one talent points to get a lackluster aoe? We don't even want that. Hell, the only reason people took dragons breath was because they have the spare talent point. But another useless ability in the second expansion? Are Blizzard trying to send us the message that we're just for food/ports/trash mobs?