Khody

Suggestion: Let thread starters be able to moderate there own threads.

Let me be clear right off the bat. You moderators do a great job. But as the internet is, people start to get off topic in thread and there are too little of you and too many of us to keep ALL threads going in the right direction.

So why not let the OP of a thread be able to delete the off topic or "QFT" posts that do nothing other then get more people off topic.

This could help prevent flame wars in threads and would probably be beneficial in the way that it prevents people from getting banned!

I don't know if this is at all possible, but it could prove useful.

Good day.

Deleted

Re: Suggestion: Let thread starters be able to moderate there own threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    Let me be clear right off the bat. You moderators do a great job. But as the internet is, people start to get off topic in thread and there are too little of you and too many of us to keep ALL threads going in the right direction.

So why not let the OP of a thread be able to delete the off topic or "QFT" posts that do nothing other then get more people off topic.
    And what would hinder a "bad" person to censor everything he/she doesn't like?
    This is supposed to be an open platform for exchange, not something where every user simply can remove another user's post.

This could help prevent flame wars in threads and would probably be beneficial in the way that it prevents people from getting banned!
    People starting flamewars deserve to get banned.

I don't know if this is at all possible, but it could prove useful.

Good day.
    While I appreciate your concern about the general direction of this forum, I personally think that such a step holds too much risk.

Khody

Re: Suggestion: Let thread starters be able to moderate there own threads.

Yea that's kinds what I was expecting to hear.

Thread locked.