Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New Engineering Schematics

My roflcopter and I get along extremely well (although I do switch it out w/ my netherdrake on occasion), but dear GOD I am going to absolutely love getting my warrior's plate covered *** up on The Hog.

I REALLY hope it's not a mount that's limited to just Northrend too. Ironforge would get so kickass with groups of motorcycle gangs terrorizing the denizens.

And I also really hope they have certain special animations for people who are driving the mount, such as kicking one's foot out to the side when stopped, and actual revving (please god, with the ability to rev the engine too). ;D

Seems like engineering finally gets some loving, but its still sad that most of the enchants can only be used by high skilled engineer. It's still not a very profitable profession. Only thing that sells atm is khorium scope, and khorium destroyer(neglectable).

Engineering got some loving in BC with goggles, mote extractor, pro scopes, improved repair bots, etc. This new stuff is almost universally bad, with the major exception of the motorbike mount. As a raiding tank, I doubt I will ever use any of these enchants on any of my gear because they will not stack with proper (ie. good) enchants.

But I will be required to provide mailboxes, auctioneers, on top of the already expected repair bots. Wonderful.

It seems like Blizzard are confused as to what they want Engineering to be. Is it for PVP or PVE? Is it a "serious" profession or just for "fun"? Is it for tanking? From this (admittedly early) data, it looks like it's going straight back into the PVP/"fun" box.

thefalk

Yes, because these are the only recipes to be introduced in WotLK thats it, just those 8. yup, you're right. *rolls eyes*

edit: thanks for the info, looking great for the fun side of it

The boot enchant for imba speed might be good in some raid encounters we gonna get to. The fall speed reduction cloak might be a must at some encounters like archimonde but wihtout the tears. We just don't know yet how valuable these enchants are and i hope they'll be very valuable so i can make some nice cash

Deleted

Cmon man give me that Harley on my alli now i almost feel sorry i went jc on my hordie =(

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeldar
    The boot enchant for imba speed might be good in some raid encounters we gonna get to. The fall speed reduction cloak might be a must at some encounters like archimonde but wihtout the tears. We just don't know yet how valuable these enchants are and i hope they'll be very valuable so i can make some nice cash

Not with the 5 minute cooldown that it has right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeldar
    I doubt they will introduce an encounter where any of these enchants will be "required" and it doesn't seem likely that a 15 second speed boost every 5 minutes (or whatever) will be more advantageous than a straight 10% run speed enchant (or whatever). For arena, some of the things have great benefits though, and I'm sure this data will make the PVP'ers happy. Just hope that the next patch does include some pro helms or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

Not with the 5 minute cooldown that it has right now though.
    It's still is all beta so, that leaves a lot of options open. We can get a descent idea what's coming but it can still change.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnifix
    Engineering got some loving in BC with goggles, mote extractor, pro scopes, improved repair bots, etc. This new stuff is almost universally bad, with the major exception of the motorbike mount. As a raiding tank, I doubt I will ever use any of these enchants on any of my gear because they will not stack with proper (ie. good) enchants.

But I will be required to provide mailboxes, auctioneers, on top of the already expected repair bots. Wonderful.

It seems like Blizzard are confused as to what they want Engineering to be. Is it for PVP or PVE? Is it a "serious" profession or just for "fun"? Is it for tanking? From this (admittedly early) data, it looks like it's going straight back into the PVP/"fun" box.
    the mailbox, auctioneer have a 10 min cooldown which most likely implies that they don't have a limited number of charges like current repair bots but rather you craft it once and have unlimited uses... if it had a limited number of charges there would be no reason for a cooldown on them.
    now considering that, why would you care if you're expected to supply mailboxes/auctioneers if you're already carrying one in your eng toolbox and it doesn't cost you a charge.

now the "enchants" just come instead of the "fun" items engineers have always had, but instead of having to use special items to benefit them, you can put them on gear of your choice... an improvement imo.

we'll get new scopes (even nicer choices, wider variety)
    we'll probably get new goggles, bliz probably haven't designed them yet.
    and we'll probably get a new way to farm the "primal _" equivalent in wotlk.

there's no reason to complain yet, engineering is not completed in beta, right now all they've done is taken a new/better approach to the "fun" aspect of engineering..

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    the mailbox, auctioneer have a 10 min cooldown which most likely implies that they don't have a limited number of charges like current repair bots but rather you craft it once and have unlimited uses... if it had a limited number of charges there would be no reason for a cooldown on them.
    I wonder whether they'll link it to the faction AH, or the shared AH though.

Repair Bots have 10m CD on them and it also has 5 charges

Quote Originally Posted by mrfinch
    Repair Bots have 10m CD on them and it also has 5 charges
    Repair bots are created in a stack of 5, the item doesn't have 5 charges.

God, this might force me to become an engineer for arena.. REALLY hope not.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

there's no reason to complain yet, engineering is not completed in beta, right now all they've done is taken a new/better approach to the "fun" aspect of engineering..
    Oh yeh, it's better than a lot of the rubbish they included with BC. It's just not as good as I'd like it to be :P And considering they're making such a big deal over it, it certainly makes it seem like it's an important part of WotLK engineering.

Super-expensive permanent repair bots would be a very nice thing though, even with an increased cooldown time. I don't think we could wipe fast enough to need one within 10 minutes, but being able to drop one every hour for free (after initial cost) would certainly make me feel far more charitable.

Agree, currently repair bots are a nice novelty, but with them things costing so much to constantly place, nobody really uses them if you can simply run to the vendor.

If they were simply an item with a cooldown, i'd plant one down whenever able.

Engineering is a great profession if you want to have fun in the game and make people go "oh wow!" or use yoru speed boots and some noobs thing "oh hacker!" lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeorred
    "I think it looks more like a Puma."
    hehe RvB quote ftw..
    It's just a game.