Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King / Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Blizzard has never "deleted" anything from players, e.g. honor, or reputation.
    They'd just increase the cap, or add a new faction.

So, yeah, it's kind weird actually.
    They are punishing all the players who got 5000 arena points right now.
    "Yeah, never saw they deleting my arena points when TBC came out and I leveled to lvl 61..."

How you say that if arena only exists after TBC came out and never had a level cap increase in the middle of its seasons?

It's totally insane that you grab arena points at 70 to buy 80 gear... why not save your T4,T5,T6 tokens to change for T7,T8,T9 when you just hit 80?

The only thing that is weird is removing the player from the team and the need to create a new one. Why not just put the 70+ player non elegible for lvl 70 arena matches and create a separate team rank for lvl 80 matches? Maybe the teams/ranks will get a little bit confused or their system won't allow it without a huuuuuge (and unecessary just to save some gold) modification...

But really, punishing? Why? It would punish, in fact, every other player who can't use lvl 70 tokens to buy lvl 80 stuff right out of the bat. They're not taking it from you, you're removing yourself from the lvl 70 league.

Honor is honor, reputation is reputation, achievements are achievements... arena is another stuff, it's a competition between lvl 70s that will be over, you'll start a new competition/league at lvl 80. And remember, arena is controled by Goblins, you shouldn't ever expect a goblin to not be greedy.

The faction wars and the friends you made (rep), won't get diminished or diferent because you hit a new level. Everyone will still be fighting for AV at lvl 80. So your Honor will still be Honor (wich used to be ranks).

PvE players will have to farm everything again for lvl 80, so go play arena again at 80 for well deserved lvl 80 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Blizzard has never "deleted" anything from players, e.g. honor, or reputation.
    They'd just increase the cap, or add a new faction.

So, yeah, it's kind weird actually.
    They are punishing all the players who got 5000 arena points right now.
    They deleted my dragon once.

It's also stupid if you keep your arena points and can equip yourself with level 80 arena epic right away. Give me 4 Tokens of tier 7 because I've downed Illidan before?

My guess is that PVP arena gear will be on Par with 10man raiding gear, where as blizzard has stated that 25man raiding gear is 1tier above that of 10man, to me that makes total sense not sure why it doesn't to you...

I work for a Best Buy, and we show a release date for WotLK for 11/7/08 im sure this is a place holder as it has been that for 3 weeks or so but maybe not. And I still cant see patch by the 18th its only 3weeks away I dont see them finishing there pollish of the last classes/specs but you never know alot can happen in 2 weeks and that gives them 1 week to get the patch up. But I still stand by my last post.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

1. December 2008 is wotlk out. my guess ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh
    HAHAHAHAH This is the END of WoW.

War is comming!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
    Do they have Trolls in WAR or do you just play one in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by draiana
    My guess is that PVP arena gear will be on Par with 10man raiding gear, where as blizzard has stated that 25man raiding gear is 1tier above that of 10man, to me that makes total sense not sure why it doesn't to you...
    Cause that will make 2xdps PVE 25man teams nr1 PVP. VS 2xdps PVP teams and 1dps/1heal.

Same in 3v3 and 5v5 ofc.

Yeah sure less Stamina and Resilience, but it doesnt matter when u only get hit once before u killed one guy. Its good with PVE gear in arena today and if its gonna be like this its gonna be even worse. Unless they make a huge change to Resilience or Stamina or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by larsson
    Cause that will make 2xdps PVE 25man teams nr1 PVP. VS 2xdps PVP teams and 1dps/1heal.

Same in 3v3 and 5v5 ofc.

Yeah sure less Stamina and Resilience, but it doesnt matter when u only get hit once before u killed one guy. Its good with PVE gear in arena today and if its gonna be like this its gonna be even worse. Unless they make a huge change to Resilience or Stamina or something else.
    Well either PvP gear makes the 10-man raid progression completely trivial, or the 25-man raid gear (weapons) is better than the PvP counterparts. Those are pretty much the two options you have.

In either case, raid gear is about doing lots of steady damage, PvP gear is about survival over damage output. Pound for pound, PvP gear should be inferior at pure dps to raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayfin
    WArhammer online is terrific and very well polished at this stage. I played debacle that was Age of Conan and I will say that WAR blows that game out of the war with class balance, PVP, and ease of play. I think mythic achieved everything they aimed for and I look forward to its release on sept. 18th.
    Umm...have we been playing the same beta? Warhammer is not what I would call polished in the least. As an animator working in the field I find some of their character animations to be down right offensive to my senses. The classes are NOT balanced and frankly the overall experience lacks any depth. Its great if you like the mindless hack/slash sort of thing maybe...but everything I've seen from the warcraft xpac is twice as fun and will no doubt keep me playing for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossed
    but everything I've seen from the warcraft xpac is twice as fun and will no doubt keep me playing for a while yet.
    Can you give more details, or are you posting in another thread perhaps? I've been looking for some opinion like this. No one seems to be saying bad or good things about WOTLK. I'm sorta hoping that's a good sign rather than bad.

Have you been reading these forums?

Tons of good stuff is being said.

New fun mechanics.
    Great quest lines that move you through the lore and the world in what I feel is a very fluid way.
    The new instances are drop-dead gorgeous, perfect length, and really fun twists.

Its not a whole new game...its still WoW.... but in my opinion they've learned a lot from TBC and are implementing their new ideas very well into the framework of the overall WoW experience.

I think "coming weeks" sounds too soon, people are going to get disappointed when those weeks are more like 8-10 at least. I suppose they are not lying, anything in the future is in the coming weeks :P

Looking forward to the even though, I'm totally going to ditch work for it I'm sure. WOTLK has had a much more epic, and WoW like feeling for me than BC. Don't get me wrong BC was a great expansion but I think WOTLK is on orders of magnitude better. My opinion so far is Blizzard has outdone themselves!

In the mean time I'll continue beta testing and working on my old world factions on live

Laneer

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    I'll provide a link as long as I find it

I'm not worried - I'm currently doing testing in the beta, but I would prefer it on live of course

Edit: After a quick search I found this interview. http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=7361.0 --> Scroll down for "Patch 2.5?" I'm sure I read a blue post that was specifically saying that unless there will be a delay, they don't plan to make such a patch Anyway, off to work, see you later
    and they're right... the patch before BC wasn't 1.x it was 2.0 so this one wont be 2.5 it will be 3.0

If it was 8-10 weeks, they'd have said next few months, which is what they said about wotlk.

next few weeks = 4 weeks tops.

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    Well either PvP gear makes the 10-man raid progression completely trivial, or the 25-man raid gear (weapons) is better than the PvP counterparts. Those are pretty much the two options you have.

In either case, raid gear is about doing lots of steady damage, PvP gear is about survival over damage output. Pound for pound, PvP gear should be inferior at pure dps to raid gear.
    No its not, Lots of Sta/Resil for PVP, AP/Haste/Hit/Crit on PVE.

Yes PVE should be better for PVE and PVP better for PVP, thats why we need balance and DPS on weapon is the wrong way to go. Just boost AP/Haste/Hit/Crit on PVE gear and Sta/Resil on PVP gear not +15 DPS on weapon...

4xT6 / 4xBrutal Rogues are already INSANE in arena (even after cheat death change). This is just making it worse.

And PVE guys still need 2050 rating to get the weapons + points. Btw make it 20 or 30 games per week so it takes more time? Alot of PVE guys seem to dislike 10 games for points.

They could add a stat that adds damage to players, like Increases DPS with x amount when fighting players. Would solve both issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    Thuran - you're taking it wrong, they are making this patch to avoid rushing an unfinished product to the market. Beta will last for a good 2+ months from its current state (we've only been in beta for close to 5 weeks), and we're definitely not in the "few weeks" range.
    Consider the time TBC was in beta before it went into patch 2.0 and that included less changes than wotlk. Also "the coming weeks" is a referrence to something a lot closer than 2 months away. Looking at the past once the talents went 2.0 they pretty much stayed that way all the way into live, which isnt exactly satisfying at the moment, also i think its a mistake to force themselves into a reduced timeline. And we all know the kind of "constructive, mature, considerate feedback" that we see on live servers compared to beta ones. The moment someone points out something isnt working 10.000 "you whine blablabla its fine l2p" posts jump in, preventing a constructive conversation about what changes are needed and how to fix what is broken. In my opinion and experience, blizzard are shooting themselves in the foot with this, and the quality we can expect from the finished product thus also takes a blow.

If you want more to test, send out more beta invites or go into open beta, it doesnt lock yourself on the path to the same degree this kind of thing does.

@Schnitzel: But you seem to forget they first need to test those big patches and then fix them and patch them again, then apply changes ect. Releasing the "big patch" for the classes isnt the final step, its the first step of the process, so every time they release a big patch, they also need weeks to then patch the fixes to the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    As a raider, I love the crying from arena people who think 1 hour a week with a cookie cutter arena group should always get the same item level as a 25 man 12+ hours a week, loot not guaranteed raid group. I for one love the fact that 25 man weapons will always be higher than 10 man/arena.

Item quality should be based on both skill and time invested. While some arena people have skill (I don't mean the arms warrior retards who get high rating thinking mortal strike, hamstring and intercept is all they need to do) the time invested is no where near 25 mans and yes I felt the badge system had too low requirements on the 't6 level' stuff (should have been 150-200 badges an item). With little real effort I have an alt tank who can easily tank most of black temple/mount hyjal (not just be.imba crap I've tried it in game).
    Well its not fast to farm full Guardian + trinkets + Brutal. Sure not random drop on a boss but lots of time to get every piece. Yes i agree PVE takes more time but its not free in PVP either. And sure make it 20-30 games per week to get arena points, fair change imo.

And you need 2050 rating to get weapons, not free for every1 + u dont get many points per week in 1500.

So PVP is easy but PVE is not? Sure there is good team combos in PVP. But Warr/Druid vs Warr/Druid should be fair right? Its "quite" fair in the long run.

And its not like PVE is rocket science, dont tell me its hard to keep SnD up, rupture and keep using Cooldowns in PVE, i never did much PVE but damn it was easy compared to PVP. Both take lots of time even tho PVE take more time and is harder to control since u just cant logout.

But to my original point. Is it fair that 25man raiders = top rated arena guys? Very funny for us PVP guys who dont touch PVE (raiding and dungeons).

Quote Originally Posted by larsson
    No its not, Lots of Sta/Resil for PVP, AP/Haste/Hit/Crit on PVE.

Yes PVE should be better for PVE and PVP better for PVP, thats why we need balance and DPS on weapon is the wrong way to go. Just boost AP/Haste/Hit/Crit on PVE gear and Sta/Resil on PVP gear not +15 DPS on weapon...
    So the PvE Weaps will still be the superior damage weapons. Their advantage just isn't in upfront dps.

And quite frankly, if you've managed to not only do all the arenas and gotten the rating to wear the PvP gear PLUS you've found the time to also do the 25-man raid to get the weapon, you should have an advantage over the people who do nothing but sit in Dalaran queuing for the next match.

So PVP is easy but PVE is not? Sure there is good team combos in PVP. But Warr/Druid vs Warr/Druid should be fair right? Its "quite" fair in the long run.

And its not like PVE is rocket science, dont tell me its hard to keep SnD up, rupture and keep using Cooldowns in PVE, i never did much PVE but damn it was easy compared to PVP. Both take lots of time even tho PVE take more time and is harder to control since u just cant logout.
    The raid encounters are not too terribly difficult once you learn what you are supposed to do. Getting 24 other people to not be morons and pay attention to what is going on so that you can actually beat them is a bit more challenging. In a 25 man raid, all it takes is one person to cause a wipe.

Additionally, the sets released for the Arenas in Wrath of the Lich King will no longer share aesthetic similarities with tiered raiding gear. We want those equipped with the best PvP rewards and those with the best raiding sets to stand out from each other.
    [b]THANK YOU BLIZZARD!!!!!!