Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Get ready to hate warriors again (Enh)

Its obvious that blizz is trying to make all classes have viability in raids like they said, and warriors along with "DPS DK" & the currently OP'd Retardins will give us a run for our one guaranteed raiding spot as enhancement shamans.
    The way i see it with the changes that weve'd gotten aren't up par with other classes and its obvious sure elemental shamans got all they wanted and restos were hardly broken but got some new tools to heal. But enh shamans just got "PVP" talents if you will and maelcrapstrom is basically all we got when it comes to PVE raid. & Look at the glyphs every other class getting cooldown reductions and "increased %" but we get nothing... %40 ap increase on WF... thats it... & before you try to flame at least read over the glyphs list so you know what im getting at.

The enh changes seemed decent at best not good and with all of the other classes now getting theirs i feel left in the bottom pack yet again. With other classes getting raid buffs and alot more class openness (as they claim) i think enh shammies are gonna have to work REALLY HARD to keep that 1 raid spot, otherwise its goodbye to you & welcome one of the many alternatives.

Re: Get ready to hate warriors again (Enh)

i think your safe as long as everything continues to stack, and warrior and paly buffs dont out weigh your totems and more importantly your 10% ap

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    Its obvious that blizz is trying to make all classes have viability in raids like they said, and warriors along with "DPS DK" & the currently OP'd Retardins will give us a run for our one guaranteed raiding spot as enhancement shamans.
    The way i see it with the changes that weve'd gotten aren't up par with other classes and its obvious sure elemental shamans got all they wanted and restos were hardly broken but got some new tools to heal. But enh shamans just got "PVP" talents if you will and maelcrapstrom is basically all we got when it comes to PVE raid. & Look at the glyphs every other class getting cooldown reductions and "increased %" but we get nothing... %40 ap increase on WF... thats it... & before you try to flame at least read over the glyphs list so you know what im getting at.

The enh changes seemed decent at best not good and with all of the other classes now getting theirs i feel left in the bottom pack yet again. With other classes getting raid buffs and alot more class openness (as they claim) i think enh shammies are gonna have to work REALLY HARD to keep that 1 raid spot, otherwise its goodbye to you & welcome one of the many alternatives.
    get a clue..

There is no alternative for a enhance shaman, not now in tBC and not in WOTLK with certain things beeing raidwide.
    Enhancement shamans will remain the number1 dps boost ingame, followed in a long stretch by the rest that is fighting for second place.
    And you know who is gonna win the fight for second place btw? thats right, elemental shamans.

The changes to our class and to our 3 specs are verry verry good.

Shamans haven't had their polish pass yet

@Breathe

Frost Death Knight is an alternative to Enhancement.

They provide the same 20% haste buff we do via Windfury Totem (With their Improved Icy Talons I believe) and they provide increased strength and other similar buffs IIRC. It's not the OPTIMAL path to take, but they will be a very solid alternative to Enh Shaman, whether they become favored will depend a lot on how much personal DPS they bring in WotlK versus and Enhancement Shaman

I agree with you about what the OP needs to do, though.

Get a damn clue

Enhancement won't get replaced, stop the QQ
    Just say on a server where all the good enhancement shamans are guilded, but there is a good death knight.

He'd take the spot of the enhance.

In case you haven't heard...

Blizzard's goal is that NO CLASS has a guaranteed raid spot. Not enhancement shamans. Not shadow priests. Not anyone. That way, all classes/specs should have a relatively equal appeal (though i doubt they will achieve it 100%) to a raid and people are going to be able to play the specs they like. If you know your class, have good attendance, and good reaction time, you will not lose your raid spot - earn it. DOWN WITH RAID AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!

Deleted

This is just bullshit. Have you guys even looked at the enhancement shamans talents at all? You get lava burst which will always crit if you have flame shock on the target. If you are not stupid you won´t take spirit wolves but go down in the elemental tree and get 100% extra damage from crit with spells. You will be able to have the 9% extra crit buff permanent because it has a 10 sec duration and lava burst have a 8 sec CD "that is if you can crit 5 times in 8 seconds ofc". Fully buffed i have around 900-1150 spelldamage on my shaman so those lava bursts will be pretty nasty considering you will have even more spelldamage at lv 80. Stop the whining the class is not broken and will not be replaced if you can just play it and ofc SPEC THE RIGHT TALENTS.

greenmasheen

unleashing rage is a party only buff still right?

so there ya go.

Deleted

no it´s a raid buff.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    unleashing rage is a party only buff still right?

so there ya go.
    deathknights get ER too.

Quote Originally Posted by aldarion
    This is just bullshit. Have you guys even looked at the enhancement shamans talents at all? You get lava burst which will always crit if you have flame shock on the target. If you are not stupid you won´t take spirit wolves but go down in the elemental tree and get 100% extra damage from crit with spells. You will be able to have the 9% extra crit buff permanent because it has a 10 sec duration and lava burst have a 8 sec CD "that is if you can crit 5 times in 8 seconds ofc". Fully buffed i have around 900-1150 spelldamage on my shaman so those lava bursts will be pretty nasty considering you will have even more spelldamage at lv 80. Stop the whining the class is not broken and will not be replaced if you can just play it and ofc SPEC THE RIGHT TALENTS.
    900-1150 spell damage now
    0 spell damage in WOTLK

Now if you meant to say "even more SpellPower" then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger

i think you severly underestimate the new talents for starters
    2nd ret pallys will keep getting nerfed
    3rd warlock glyphs suck more than shaman unless you are demo... for destr locks its garbage
    elemental and resto have a lot of potential, enhance isnt too far off and im sure more changes are coming

Deleted

and one thing the stats fore uss now will get so muche ap now its youst insaine

From wikipedia.org

"Beta
    Betaware is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to a limited amount of users for software testing before its official release. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.

A beta version is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. They receive the software for free or for a reduced price, but act as free testers.

Beta versions test the supportability of the product, the go-to-market messaging (while recruiting Beta customers), the manufacturability of the product, and the overall channel flow or channel reach.

Beta version software is likely to be useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers, but unstable and not yet ready for release. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, a prototype, a technical preview (TP) or as an early access. As the second major stage in the release lifecycle, following the alpha stage, it is named after the Greek letter beta, the second letter in the Greek alphabet.

Often this stage begins when the developers announce a feature freeze on the product, indicating that no more feature requirements will be accepted for this version of the product. Only software issues, or bugs and unimplemented features will be addressed.

Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a select group of individuals for a user test, while open betas are to a larger community group, usually the general public. The testers report any bugs that they found and sometimes minor features they would like to see in the final version.

An example of a major public beta test was when Microsoft started releasing regular Windows Vista Community Technology Previews (CTP) to beta testers starting in January 2005. The first of these was build 5219. Subsequent CTPs introduced most of the planned features, as well as a number of changes to the user interface, based in large part on feedback from beta testers. Windows Vista was deemed feature complete with the release of build 5308 CTP, released on February 22, 2006, and much of the remainder of work between that build and the final release of the product focused on stability, performance, application and driver compatibility, and documentation.

When a beta becomes available to the general public it is often widely used by the technologically savvy and those familiar with previous versions as though it were the finished product. Usually developers of freeware or open-source betas release them to the general public while proprietary betas go to a relatively small group of testers. Recipients of highly proprietary betas may have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. A release is called feature complete when the product team agrees that functional requirements of the system are met and no new features will be put into the release, but significant software bugs may still exist. Companies with a formal software process will tend to enter the beta period with a list of known bugs that must be fixed to exit the beta period, and some companies make this list available to customers and testers.

As the Internet has allowed for rapid and inexpensive distribution of software, companies have begun to take a more flexible approach to use of the word "beta". [1] Netscape Communications was infamous for releasing alpha level versions of its Netscape web browser to the public and calling them “beta” releases. In February 2005, ZDNet published an article about the recent phenomenon of a beta version often staying for years and being used as if it were in production-level [2]. It noted that Gmail and Google News, for example, had been in beta for a long period of time and were not expected to drop the beta status despite the fact that they were widely used; however, Google News did leave beta in January 2006. This technique may also allow a developer to delay offering full support and/or responsibility for remaining issues. In the context of Web 2.0, people even talk of perpetual betas to signify that some software is meant to stay in beta state. Also, "beta" is sometimes used to indicate something more like a release candidate such as the Halo 3 public beta."

If you Make a coherent and well thought out post on the official forums I bet other people will support you and bilzz will take notice and evaluate it with all the other coherent, well thought out posts.

This is beta nothing is set is stone. Further more Blizz is constantly making adjustments to the game. Your concerns if valid will be addressed at some time.

well i find it funny the OP calls out buffed retardins and other classes as if they are taking away a raid slot from your shaman class that deserves it more. that raid slot doesnt belong to you. theres 10 classes and 5-10-25 slots and shaman have 3 trees that work with pve.

if 1 class/spec like a 70 enh shaman is required then it leaves others out completely. you had what almost 2 years with that guaranteed raid slot with no other class to compete for it? i'd say almost 2 years is a pretty good run. at least if enhance isnt the best group pick at 80 you still have 2 other talent trees to choose from that still work in pve. not all classes have 3 pve specs to choose from. out of at least 18 gear sets, shaman get to wear 3 of them. some classes only get 1 set to choose from.

pre-bc there was no such thing as a enh shaman in raids. actually many classes were strictly 1 spec. no moonkin, ele shaman, spriest, fire mage, arcane mage, feral tank, etc etc etc. things change. no longer do we have 5 mages and 5 rogues and 5 warrior tanks in every raid.

and still i bet enh will be a good competitive pick for groups and your QQ needs a backseat either way.
    Why is there no dungeon finder for 840 Mythic "1" dungeons? Mythic 1 dungeons are simply the old pre-legion heroic dungeon difficulty, renamed. just like in WoD they renamed each MoP raid difficulty to sound harder.

Quote Originally Posted by wortuzalian
    In case you haven't heard...

Blizzard's goal is that NO CLASS has a guaranteed raid spot. Not enhancement shamans. Not shadow priests. Not anyone. That way, all classes/specs should have a relatively equal appeal (though i doubt they will achieve it 100%) to a raid and people are going to be able to play the specs they like. If you know your class, have good attendance, and good reaction time, you will not lose your raid spot - earn it. DOWN WITH RAID AFFIRMATIVE ACTION!
    That's kind of misrepresenting what the Blizzard guys have been saying.
    What they say is you should be able to complete content without a certain raid makeup.
    That doesn't mean that enhancement shammies won't be guaranteed a spot in min/maxing raid groups.
    I know I'll want one of each spec with me in my raid group still, the group/raid buffs+bloodlust just can't be beat.

unless they put a debuff on bloodlust users like they are doing with LW drums...
    Why is there no dungeon finder for 840 Mythic "1" dungeons? Mythic 1 dungeons are simply the old pre-legion heroic dungeon difficulty, renamed. just like in WoD they renamed each MoP raid difficulty to sound harder.

maybe good idea whit a debuff on bloodlust.

for there only being max 3 sharman in raid a debuff of 2,5-3 min will do, but this way bloodlust need to bee cast on all in raid. so making cain staking blooclust whit 5 shaman not posibol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luk3ling
    @Breathe

Frost Death Knight is an alternative to Enhancement.

They provide the same 20% haste buff we do via Windfury Totem (With their Improved Icy Talons I believe) and they provide increased strength and other similar buffs IIRC. It's not the OPTIMAL path to take, but they will be a very solid alternative to Enh Shaman, whether they become favored will depend a lot on how much personal DPS they bring in WotlK versus and Enhancement Shaman

I agree with you about what the OP needs to do, though.

Get a damn clue
    Pretty sure they cant get BOTH of those buffs in the same talent spec.

OP: Stop whining and L2P