has the "feeling"of ret changed?

hi there fellow ret's,

I generally don't care that much about beta cause things alway's seem to change in the end. However I can't help myself wondering if the feeling of playing a ret paladin has been changed. With our new 51 point talent and changes to the judgemen system.
    So my question to betadins is: does playing a ret paladin actually give a more staisfying feeling then live does?

I currently play a s4 ret pally myself and I like it the most so far compared to my other toons (also play s4 rogue and Druid.) so for sheer op'ness I just stick with them but they don't give me the satisfaction I get with ret!
    So please please give me your opinion a bout this matter since I love my pally!

Thanks in advance,

shizz

Re: has the "feeling"of ret changed?

I'm not a betadin or anything but i just have this awesome image of ret in pvp and i can't wait to try it out with my own...Ok so youve got your pally in general chaos trying to kill the horde frantically then he bubbles, shuts out all noise and prays to the Light (divine plea makes you kneel) then gets up and starts breaking bones with that huge pally mace. It sounds lame but i reckon that divine plea in particular really adds to the ret "feeling" :P

im also not in beta, but from what i have seen (im checking out everything) the whole paladin class will play different, with the new judgement system now.

Ret is a lot more fun in beta. You got more abilitys and usually not oom in a short ammount of time. With sheath of light you can actually heal yourself while soloing! so less downtime more pewpew. I like it cause you actualy have some buttons to push instead of auto attack and SoC

Think that after the Honeymoon has ended, people are going back to normal, doubt and worry, which is fine considering what we have, and for the most part haven't got.

At first we did massive damage, we knew it would be nerfed, by how much we didn't know. But the nerf it us hard, 5% less damage overall, JotW gone and AoW burst completely went out the window.

Many Paladins are now figuring out that specs like Enhancement Shamans and Feral Druids received what they needed (unkitability, anti-CC, etc and Feral Charge in cat form means they get an interrupt) through new talents, while Paladins still have no interrupt, slow effect, or way to get to others STILL.

Which I have no problem with, we are a defensive hybrid, but they aren't doing this either. These other hybrids still have much viable offheals or even defensive dispel capabilities then we do.

Still need massive work.

With the changes in mechanics the Paladin is indeed alot more fun to play when compared to Live. Less waiting for autoswings and the cooldown of Crusader Strike. Less Seal / Judgement management.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Pre-JoTW change Ret was amazingly fun in beta. I expect some of the big crits to get tweaked down, but the overall playstyle was amazing. Having a new attack, and not needing to recast seals every time we Judge frees up a lot time in the rotation. I think you'll be happy.