Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Beacon of light, useful?

I don´t know if anyone have tested the new beacon of light, i have no beta key and i was wondering if the new effect of beacon of light had a nice use or is a useless talent now they changed it... (Still, i´m trying to know why the HoT area effect was removed, it was nice...)

Re: Beacon of light, useful?

the hot was prolly scrapped because it was extremely inferior to druids flourish and they probably didnt want to make 2 healers with similar 51p talents

right now it looks like great thing for double tank healing beacon one, heal the second, ???, profit

not forgeting crit will return 120%, but however i think the idea of a hot or aoe heal is much more effiective

Im pretty sure they changed Beacon of Light for the massive amount of whining people were making.

Honestly I would've loved an AOE HoT on my paladin, it would've given us a lot of versatility in 5 mans and I guess it could also have its uses in a raid... However, I don't mind this new change either... It's all about adapting to it and making the best of it.

As a beta tester, the AoE hot sucked, and the idea was even worse...it did not fit our healing at all...

The change is a million times better but it's not currently working on Beta. In short, it's a binding heal on crack because it's not limited to yourself. For Example: You are a burn healer for Brutallus, throw a beacon on the burned, so you can keep the much needed heals on the tank too =)

40 yard range. So as long as your Beacon and the healing target are within max casting range of a mob, there won't be a problem.

1) Say hello to healing while out of LoS.
    2) Effectively doubles our HPS and HPM.

Krekko is right, pvp utility will depend on whether it can be purged/dispelled. But pve utility is jaw dropping.

It can`t be that bad for 5 mans either. You can effectively keep tank healed all the time while healing other group incase there is aoe dmg present.

Btw does it count overhealing done?

Seems like glorified over healing to me. How many times does the dps need as much healing as the MT? It's very rare for a 25 man raid. I think the Brutallus example is the only good one thus far. Another example could be a fight that requires off-tanks near each other getting hurt simultaneously, similar to flames of azzinoth (if they were closer to each other).

If it's Felmyst or Kil'jaeden you can toss it on the MT and then what, flash of light the raid randomly? Waste holy lights on the raid, giving them massive amounts of overheal just so you can keep the MT up? Seems like a lot of overheal on raid targets for no reason, but at least it's versatility. I think it's application for 5-mans is better as it can be used just about anytime there's AE damage. Otherwise, in a 25 man, there are raid healers far better equipped (chain heal, circle, flourish) to handle massive amounts of AE damage.

For arena, however, it's totally absolutely failboat. 99.5% of arena teams are going to focus a single target. Unless the healing effect goes through walls, allowing the paladin to safely position him or her self around a corner somewhere to still heal, none of the new talents at the bottom of the tree are worth it. The judgement talents are certainly not worth wasting points on to get beacon. And pvp was the area holy suffered the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcob
    Seems like glorified over healing to me. How many times does the dps need as much healing as the MT? It's very rare for a 25 man raid.
    Mmm... your wrong there, I can think of many fights where everyone gets hit. Like gorefiend, throw BoL on the MT and heal the raid, cuz the raid get hit by shadowbolts and incinerates. Naj'entus, again throw it up on the MT and heal the pplz that get hit by the water blast. I can see myself(beening a Hyjal/BT geared healer) solo healing kara(if overhealing works with BoL). On Maiden throw it up on the MT and heal the melee and the range that gets hit by the holy shock. This move pretty much makes another healer come into the group/raid. Plus im gald they changed it from the original BoL with the AoE heal... was pathetic. But this new BoL effect makes me happy that I can heal more then just one person at a time, I know there were times that I wish I got a heal of faster or sooner, or wish that I could heal more then one. I know a few ppl are complaining about this 51p talent and how other healers get better ones, well I dont think they get better ones really, ans I really hope they are not pallys complaining, cuz I love this move and what grand possibiltys it has.

currently if you put it on someone and heal them, the healing effect happens twice: example your flash of light heals bob for 4206, your becon of light effect heals bob for 4622

From a raiding paladins perspective I just don't get it. How often are paladins assigned to heal the raid? Never. We are MT healers that occasionally throw out some extra raid heals. This talent is telling us to raid heal and your MT will be healed as a side effect - seems backwards to me.

Heres how I think it would be better...

Since Paladins are MT healers turn the effect around and have all heals that land on the Beacon also heal raid members for "X" percentage (something like 20% - 40%?). That fits the play style of Holy Paladins. You still heal the MT and if you spend 51 points you get the added benefit of your heals also healing the raid for a portion of your MT heals.

Thoughts?

Why are soo many Paladins crying about this talent? Am I the only one that finds that this is a really great talent. Or do I not know how to play my class after 2 years of playing a pally. And Backwards? seems stright forward to me.

Think about it this way, OK?

This talent has a protencial to double you heal output, forever.

Why do you like the weak costy HoT that is only useful in a few fights instead?

As for area healing, we have druids and priests already, let them do it. We stick to tanks.

Well, i'm looking forward for this talent. I'm looking it from this way: We are MT Healers yes, but: how many times do you cast a quick FoL to an target which is low on hp when you see that your MT-Target has incoming enough heal? I do it quite often

So that's the way to heal, you cannot say I'm only mt healer - you have to read the situation and to act and not only react (I hope you can understand what I mean ;D )

So wih BoL you can act a lot better in different situations because you now that the heal will anyway reach the MT think about it... You will not be anymore only the *stupid I spam the MT Healer with one heal* healer

just my 2 cents

Just a thought here for raids:

Says hello to your new friend the Resto Shaman: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=51567
    Coupled with a Tankadin OT on a boss and you have some amazing synergy here.

Just about to mention the same thing posted above, with spirit link present, there will always be 2 controlled targets taking damage the same time, and the damage taken is half of the real damage.

So now, you can cast FoL on two target and gain double HPS, win.

Putting Beacon on the tank and healing a rogue with Quick recovery = 20% extra healing on the MT?

Beacon currently doubles your single-target healing since it gains from you healing the beacon target.

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Beacon currently doubles your single-target healing since it gains from you healing the beacon target.
    Has there been a blue-post of any sort confirming this is intended? They mentioned that Beacon was going to get toned down, I suspect that means they'll be nerfing the double-healing, and worry that they may lower the percentage transfered. Has there been any word on it?
    The answer is always more Paladins.
    Thorium Brotherhood Wiki | Farstriders Community Wiki

Deleted

Seems like a very nice spell, but I do wonder the same as Mur said, does it work with a Rogue's Quick Recovery or any other extra healing gained effect ?