Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

So let me get this straight - PTR

So... they did a few BGs on lagged out buggy servers with tons of incomplete and malfunctioning talents/abilities and now there is a lynch mob chasing Ret?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: So let me get this straight - PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos
    So... they did a few BGs on lagged out buggy servers with tons of incomplete and malfunctioning talents/abilities and now there is a lynch mob chasing Ret?
    *DING*

You have made a Discovery! *THE STUPIDITY OF MOST PEOPLE THAT PLAY WOW*! You may now use this knowledge to feel sorry about the state of the game and the people that are in it!
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Just a bunch of people worried about lvl 70 pvp....maybe they were all planning on staying 70 forever to relive their arena glory days. as for the PTR its a test so you can expect it to not work correctly all the time. Its still better than the Northrend server..

BURN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!
    It's just a game.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Some people are actually complaining that they should stop the Arena systems before these changes come into effect. If you're good enough to stay over 2k+ into the season this far, nothing will change. In the 1700+ bracket, you will either adjust and get better with the new changes or fail and drop rating. If you're in 1500s...or worse...well, no changes are going to help you and it won't be "broken lolrets" keeping you from getting them there Guardian boots.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by burningcacti
    Just a bunch of people worried about lvl 70 pvp....maybe they were all planning on staying 70 forever to relive their arena glory days. as for the PTR its a test so you can expect it to not work correctly all the time. Its still better than the Northrend server..
    Would be nice for a non retridin to make comment on the state of level 70 ptr pvp balance.

The fact of the matter is this -

If blizzard cant even manage a close balance of level 70 PvP with level 80 skills, it stands to reason that they wont be able to manage to balance level 80 PvP with level 80 skills either.

Retri pallas are currently owning anything that moves in less than 5 seconds flat.

As it stands, in my eye, yes its PTR, but its as broken as hell when it comes to any kind of balance between classes, an utter mess.

Not to mention the huge amount of bugs currently floating around.

A really worrying state the game is in atm, especially considering how close it is to release. I hihgly doubt things will get better @ launch, there just seems too mnay things to fix.

As a warlock on PTR i can name just a few bugs with my class -

1) Spec into everlasting affliction and chaos bolt, then spec metamorphosis, hey presto you still have chaos bolt and everlasting affliction
    2) Demonic Leap - Where did all the players go?
    3) Devestation + Ruin - Not yet implemented
    4) USe any kind of ability in metamorposis and you suddenly transform back into your character and totally lose the buff
    5) Metamorphosis action bar icon, not yet implemented
    6) Chaos bolt - superbly weak, not even affected by spell damage multipliers properly
    7) Pet scaling - Where did my pet go? Oh yea the retridin just autoattakcd it to death in 0.5 seconds.

These are to name but a few warlock bugs.
    Anyone on alliance side will instantly notice gnome textures are screwed up.

Theres bugs all over the place.

If i was blizzard i would be extremely emnbarrased that they released this version of wow onto a ptr. Doesnt even look like its past alpha phase at the moment, let alone close to release.

Whats worse is all the 12 year old kiddies who got their retridin out the clost still fresh ding 70 greens running around 2 shotting people screaming in ironforge at the top of their cute little lungs - "RETRIDINS ARE FINE, L2P NOOBS".

Worrying indeed.

and you are just going to focus on the PVP balance at lvl 70. Do you realize there are other aspects to the game? Maybe 10 more levels, PVE, PVP at lvl 80? Should Blizzard have to rebalance everything so you can go PVP in a box for a month before you start to lvl to 80 then have to go and rebalance everything again. No i am not a pvp ret pally although i have played it quite a bit live and in beta. it starts to balance out as you gain some levels.

So basically you admit that your class is not working yet but you want Paladins nerfed? Ever think that all the things that don't work for you yet are the skills that will help you beat a Paladin?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos
    So basically you admit that you class is not working yet but you want Paladins nerfed? Ever think that all the things that don't work for you yet are the skills that will help you beat a Paladin?
    I don't care how 'imbalanced' something are. If you lose to a 70 in greens as he says, you are pure and utter fail.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I haven't played the PTR yet so I don't know what all the whining is about the level 70 pvp but paladins are doing some pretty insane damage on the beta as well. I've played both my warrior and my shaman, the shaman doesn't have much trouble getting away but my warrior doesn't even stand a chance at beating a similarly geared/skilled paladin as of current. I don't believe that they should be nerfed to the ground however, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a slight tweak.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    Not to mention the huge amount of bugs currently floating around.
    umm PTR? have any idea wot it stands for?

i am more conserned with the ramifications of nerfing/buffing any class to balance it at a low level.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I don't care how 'imbalanced' something are. If you lose to a 70 in greens as he says, you are pure and utter fail.
    I duelled many retridins outside ironforge on ptr, spent most of last night laughing at them all. The fight normally goes something like this for me -

1) Put up coa, corr
    2) Spend the next 3 seconds getting smashed
    3) Get a deathcoil / fear off
    4) Pally trinkets then bubbles
    5) Get 2.5k crits in my face until im dead while retridin is bubbled and immune

Immune + massive damage is 1000 times worse than taking massive damage whilst reading this message "YOU CAN NOT DO THAT WHILE STUNNED" (rogues)

Sorry buddy, but retri is just utterly and totally broken.

If you need to be immune AND do massive damage, then it is you that fails, not the other classes that are currently getting owned.

You think people were laughing at you before you got op?

People are now laughing at you, as a retridin and your stupid immune bubbles even more.

If you wish to be taken seriously as a plyer i suggest you get onto blizzard and tell them to fix your broken class, just as i have done with my warlock to them.

I duelled many retridins outside ironforge on ptr, spent most of last night laughing at them all. The fight normally goes something like this for me -

1) Put up coa, corr
    2) Spend the next 3 seconds getting smashed
    3) Get a deathcoil / fear off
    4) Pally trinkets then bubbles
    5) Get 2.5k crits in my face until im dead while retridin is bubbled and immune

Immune + massive damage is 1000 times worse than taking massive damage whilst reading this message "YOU CAN NOT DO THAT WHILE STUNNED" (rogues)

If you need to be immune AND do massive damage, then it is you that fails, not the other classes that are currently getting owned.

People are now laughing at you, as a retridin and your stupid immune bubbles even more.

If you wish to be taken seriously as a plyer i suggest you get onto blizzard and tell them to fix your broken class, just as i have done with my warlock to them.
    Divine Shield is on a 5 minute cooldown, greatly reduces DPS, and only lasts 12 seconds. You are clearly horrible. Learn to kite.

You obviously missed the ability that lets you eat a paladin through their bubble.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

15+ Year Old Account

u mean yr telling me that u got beaten 1on1 by another class?!?! when it's on a PTR AND you have alredy stated your moves are broken?!? ZOMG lets phone blizzard up!

Are you actually this fucking childish?
    and this line
    "If you need to be immune AND do massive damage, then it is you that fails, not the other classes that are currently getting owned."
    honestly next you'll be telling he cant go to your birthday party grow up!

lol and you wonder why people are saying L2Play noob

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

This.

Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Punx
    I love lock QQ..

I wish i could make a drink from it
    Cool, you can drink it peacefully in your nice little immunity shield your mommy made for you while facerolling any1 who comes close to your stupid 2.5k critting autoattacks.

Steamrolling bubbleboys are the joke of wow right now where every other class is laughing at you.

If thats how you want your class, fine, it will be out of your hands while blizzard hopefully balances it.

In the meantime, i think we can all come to expect season 5 to be a mass pool of Gladiator Bubbleboys who have skill immuned their way to 2.5k ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by burningcacti
    and you are just going to focus on the PVP balance at lvl 70. Do you realize there are other aspects to the game? Maybe 10 more levels, PVE, PVP at lvl 80? Should Blizzard have to rebalance everything so you can go PVP in a box for a month before you start to lvl to 80 then have to go and rebalance everything again. No i am not a pvp ret pally although i have played it quite a bit live and in beta. it starts to balance out as you gain some levels.
    This is the problem, for a ret pally to do competitive pve DPS their burst is going to be very large since paladins are a burst class. So use whatever talents you have to live through the burst then kill the pally.