Dungeon Items in Northrend (No Sockets)?

I have been browsing all the of the instance drops from Utgarde Keep all the way up thru the Level 80 heroics and I have seen quite the lack of socketed items in comparison to TBC dungeons and dungeon quests.

Is this something to be added later or are sockets being phased out a little bit? Or are blacksmiths about to be worth a damn and responsible for socketing everybodys gear?

Any clarification on this one way or the other?

Re: Dungeon Items in Northrend (No Sockets)?

Im sure they willl add it towards the end of beta. I myself have seen some drops and have no socket items. Im sure Blizz wont forget about that. They have alot on their plate to worry about at the moment

hmm, id rather they didnt put sockets in them, so we save more money rather than having to buy gems.... cos i socketed all my 60>70 items with blues for pimPed stats
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

when tbc came out jewelcrafting was new so imo its was normal to see sockets on almost everything. I don't really care about sockets before lvl 80 epic gear because i think it's a waste of money when a green gem can cost up to 10g only to get a little boost. I prefer more stats, less sockets

Well the uncommon WoTLK gems need to be used in something , not just have everyone wait until 80 and put rare quality gems in them. I mean from 60-68 I think everybody used uncommon gems for the most part, what would be the point if there was no sockets until 80.

JCs gotta make their money :P well I guess everyone is replacing their Epic gems with WoTLK uncommon in the first week anyways.

I'm sure several of the level 80 items have sockets. Many of the 60-69 items didn't have sockets, and people complained "WTFUDGE NO SOCKETZ!?". Then they showed up, and all was right with the world.

Also, now that you can add your own sockets, Blizzard decided that they wouldn't waste the item points on sockets rather than real stats, probably under the (correct) assumption that many people will not use the cash required to socket/enchant items that they may or may not throw away in a few levels anyways. This whole "no sockets 'til 80" actually works to your advantage, if you think of it that way.

I'm hoping that add gems slots, and hoping even more they finally make EPIC meta gems.

I thought I read somewhere that blue touched on this, basically said the same thing as the poster above, that most people don't want to bother with sockets and gems while leveling up so they focused more on putting them on level 80 items.

I assume part of this itemization quandry is one to further help define gear sets for people so players are not forced to "create" the gear they need (so sockets help more to play a support role) and the fact that BS at least will be able to add sockets to certain gear which may or may not get out of hand but we'll see.
    --Tank by trade, killer by nature.

Im pretty sure that BS can put sockets on items now.

Maybe thats part of the plan.