Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Changes in the new build for druids

A full rake is our best move now (with talents). So we must start to keep it always up.

Cat dps starts do be cool (mangle, rake, shred, rip, sr, fb) we should use 6 ability in a cycle. Pretty interesting

By the way, it might be a little OT but not worth a new post, should we be using SR in PvP?
    Like: Pounce, SR, Mangle, Shred/Rake, Rake/Shred?
    Or just leave SR alone and got for fast combo points to FB/Rip?

Quote Originally Posted by Furo
    By the way, it might be a little OT but not worth a new post, should we be using SR in PvP?
    Like: Pounce, SR, Mangle, Shred/Rake, Rake/Shred?
    Or just leave SR alone and got for fast combo points to FB/Rip?
    I don't think SR would be favoured as much in the PVP side of things just because it's more of a long-term buff where as PVP is more burst, I'd go for something like mangle/rake/shred/FB combos.

I've tried some rotations on the PTR, but I keep finding myself out of energy with my timers running down, any ideas on what I should go for? I could try em out and post my results here.

I just wondered, 'cause FR is clearly Blizzs only way to make up for previous crappy cat dps.
    But if we dont use it in PvP at all, we keep crap dmg in PvP. That's why im so curious.

About rotations, at least in PvP the lack of energy is quite a big problem (at least for me) since there is no burst dmg without finishing off with a FP, but since feral dmg (talking about live now, haven't tried so much PvP on PTR) isnt enough for a burst, even with FB, you end up with 0 energy 'cause they changes FB to use all of your energy, wich just sucks imo. If they wanted to buff FBs dmg, they should have just buffed it, and not make it dump our energy.

The dmg increase isnt that great. Still rather let us shred from any direction, like rogues can multilate.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but shred now does extra damage from debuffs that increase bleed damage right?
    So if there is a Arms warrior with Trauma in the raid. we won't have to spend energy on Mangles anymore?
    So the mangle damage increase is mainly for PvP purposes?

Rake is finally looking worthwile too, looks like a mini-rip to me.
    More usefull too if you want to dot that rogue while you don't have any cp's
    On that note, I'm a solid advocate of changing "Slice and Dice" to "Clonk and Bonk" when maces are equipped.

I really like the damage increase on mangle and with the up in rake. For pvp i will not even spec into shred at all. What is the point? You need to spend an additional 7 talents points just to make it worthwhile and even then it is doing less then it was.

Just been playing with a mangle rake shred to 4 or 5 cp's and rip rotation, was managing 1150 dps and I was doing it terribly without dot timing addons. Looks very promising though and a lot more entertaining! In comparison the usual mangle shred rip rotation was doing around 1300dps. I think at the moment whichever you use and get good at is gonna be competitive for sustained dps

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetoastie
    Just been playing with a mangle rake shred to 4 or 5 cp's and rip rotation, was managing 1150 dps and I was doing it terribly without dot timing addons. Looks very promising though and a lot more entertaining! In comparison the usual mangle shred rip rotation was doing around 1300dps. I think at the moment whichever you use and get good at is gonna be competitive for sustained dps
    I had similar numbers to this as well, but I just feel as our AP continually increases rake will scale much better and will have to weasel it's way in the rotation in some way or the other. I'm just not quite sure how yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Malfuron
    I had similar numbers to this as well, but I just feel as our AP continually increases rake will scale much better and will have to weasel it's way in the rotation in some way or the other. I'm just not quite sure how yet :P
    Try Mangle > SR > Rake > Shred unless Mangle debuff is about to fall (in that case just reapply) to 5 cb > rip.

Rinse and repeat until you use Beserk. When Beserk is active:

Mangle > SR > Rake > Shred to 5 cb > rip > Shred until Mangle is about to run out and FB.

Ofcourse you can get funky when Beserk is up because crits make druid rotations kinda harder to predict.

I'd love to give it a go, but unfortunately I only have access to the PTR realm =( no beta for me. I'll tell you one thing though, some crazy shit's gonna do down with berserk up

I've done some testing.

the best cycle is still 4SR/5RIP/5FB.
    Mangle when it expire

Additional: Rake when it expire.

Basically you will substitute about 2 shred with 2.5 rake each cycle (about 30 seconds time).

This will sum up in a 4% dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrowler
    I've done some testing.

the best cycle is still 4SR/5RIP/5FB.
    Mangle when it expire

Additional: Rake when it expire.

Basically you will substitute about 2 shred with 2.5 rake each cycle (about 30 seconds time).

This will sum up in a 4% dps gain.
    This will be a very crit-based rotation though because you might be hard pressed to get that FB off while rip and SR are still up (more rip than SR) otherwise ya, major damage inc with that rotation

Sample DPS test on test dummy on PTR

AP: 3472
    Crit: 40.00%

Specced into tiger's fury and berserk, No OOC

Rotation: Mangle --> Rake --> Shred to 5 --> Rip --> Rake --> Mangle --> Shred to 5 --> Rip etc.

Ability: %damage/avg normal/avg crit

Melee: 29.6%/223/504
    Rip: 25.5%/ 611 avg tick, max of 664
    Shred: 22.0%/1334/3031
    Rake(DOT): 11.7%/524 avg tick, max of 593
    Mangle: 8.5%/812/1833
    Rake: 1.7%/132/297

DPS: 1091.8

Ever gotten the -50% energy cost debuff on Kalec? basically the same thing as berzerk and it -is- freaking crazy.

Though I get to powershift in live with this too >_>

Well Toskk has updated his calculator and it appears the new ideal rotation is:

Mangle --> Roar --> Rake --> Shred to 5 --> Rip

Anyone able to give this a go on the beta?