Threat Generation

I havent seen anything posted about how a bear tank will gain aggro..is the extra threat generation provided by talents in TBC mioved to just bear form in Wotlk or is the aggro gained from raw physical dmg?

Re: Threat Generation

From what I've read, they've rolled the extra threat from removing Salv into Dire Bear, and into all the other tanks. As it stands now, with our superior DPS, at least Blizzard is claiming that we're head and shoulders above on threat and mitigation in Naxx.

There was a post from some tester which claimed that threat generation of any tank is not a problem anymore. I mean you make so much aggro that even most trigger happy full t6 destro lock won't peel a mob off you.

Koumaru

I ran solo into heroic Ramparts and pulled the first two elite orcs to gauge bear threat with the changes as they exist in the current build of 3.0.2.

I was using a recent live-server version of Omen threat meter, so it was not calculating my threat properly based on the new base threat modifier (with baked in anti-salve). I had only my own buffs and a 0/50/11 bear spec.

I sustained over 1700 TPS on a single level-70 elite with a Mangle-Lacerate-Lacerate rotation and a maul dump as rage and OoC permitted (which they did almost constantly). I peaked out at 2200.

It's looking like Blizzard doesn't plan on threat-capped DPS to be much of a raid fight mechanic anymore.

As for Swipe, I was able to get 300 to 400 sustained TPS on off-targets (through Swipe alone) while using a Mangle-Swipe-Swipe rotation and firing Maul for every single auto attack (rage is absolutely, completely unlimited while AoE tanking now with 3 per dodge and 5 per crit with the new Swipe). This figure was according to Omen, and so with the new base threat modifiers, was probably a little more than half the actual threat produced.

This was all at level 70. Bear threat has more than doubled.

I'm normally rage starved in heroics and have trouble staying above 1000 TPS in heroic Ramparts.