Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Would you play a 10v10?

I was thinking today.. Arena is cool i guess.. well the concept is. but it would be much easier to balance if it was on a larger scale.

SO why not increase the team sizes, make the arenas larger and all around more fun to play.

cooms

Re: Would you play a 10v10?

no rofl. 5v5 is already a zergfest i dont want 10s. 4v4 would be nice but thats it if they added any lol.

This used to exist, before cross-server battlegrounds. Your wsg premade vs the other faction(on your realm's) wsg premade. More fun in every way.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cooms
    no rofl. 5v5 is already a zergfest i dont want 10s. 4v4 would be nice but thats it if they added any lol.
    any sort of deathmatch type PvP would be considered a "zergfest". Like i said larger numbers are easier to balance and adds for far more strategy than "kill the healer".

Nope, I found it extremely hard to get people to do 5v5 and 10vs10 wouldn't be possible for me. I also found it more fun to play with fewer people. But if people want it I ofc have no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I was thinking today.. Arena is cool i guess.. well the concept is. but it would be much easier to balance if it was on a larger scale.

SO why not increase the team sizes, make the arenas larger and all around more fun to play.
    NO

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sapiokwlhs
    NO
    Hey man I know. Rogues aren't as Op when there's more people around to wail on em.

well yes i would be interested in 10v10 but NOT in arena format.

in FPS games like UT Ddeathmatch is fine because everyone is equal its balanced. wow , TF , or any game that is class based is an epic wall of fail when done in a DM style. it needs objectives, be it ctf, domination or whatever.

I see your point. It's truly very annoying to compete in 2v2 with a class/spec which is well known for its overall poor/poorest preformance in these brackets due to Blizzard's "great" talent in balancing the pvp aspect of the game.
    In 2v2 the game does offer insanely few good choices of class setups, but there's 5v5 for more diversity, although it's harder to maintain cooperation there. And with 10 people running around, I think it would indeed be a zergfest.

I still vouch for ranked battlegrounds. 5v5 arena is just too small for my liking. I want larger strategic battles, arenas doesn't suffice. Battleground matches between guilds/teams would require much more strategy.

That' my opinion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Hey man I know. Rogues aren't as Op when there's more people around to wail on em.
    I dont have a rogue!!! :-\

Deleted

These ideas always come from 1300 rated people.

I would play 1v1 :P
    Hear this voice from deep inside
    It’s the call of your heart
    Close your eyes and you will find
    Passage out of the dark (C)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    This used to exist, before cross-server battlegrounds. Your wsg premade vs the other faction(on your realm's) wsg premade. More fun in every way.
    Agreed. Actually fighting people whose names you recognized from last night's Orgrimmar Raid was alot more fun, and winning meant so much more.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Just change it so Arena is for epeen not for gear. Have battleground xp (for lack of a better term) that is increased by Damage done on enemy players,healing done on friendly players(not self) IN COMBAT,Objectives completed (More xp for bg objectives then damage done to players) And the higher battleground xp,the better gear you have access to.Basic idea is to reinforce the concept of everyone working to accomplish the goal of the battleground.

It would kill the afk'ers farming honor....because they cant get a damn thing unless they are taking part in the fight actively. It would kill the people grinding 10 games of arena just for points. It would make the high end arena fighters....change nothing really...because they are the ones that do it because they enjoy it and are good at it. They would have to go into the battlegrounds and earn their points on an individual basis just like every one else,but they could still get that epeen bright,shiny and standing tall from their 2.3k ratings or whatever.

And you could have things influence your standing negatively as well.Im not 100% sure how that could be balanced...but im sure something could be set. Like...a rough guess of in a full game...50k damage done. games in which you were present less then 10 minutes wouldnt incur this penalty possibility so no losing rating for coming in at the last second. Any dps at 70 can do 50k damage in a game without too much effort. same with 50k healing...these arent ideal numbers but just a general idea.And yes...50k damage done as a 70 dps is easy...its not supposed to be a incredibly difficult number to reach,just something that shows you were taking part in the battle...maybe have different numbers for different battlegames.

we have wsg.. and i would be rather interested in a 5v1 or something like that (u get it? =d)
    You have to decide:

1) DK's are stupid/retarded ppl that cant put 1K dps
    2) DK's are the OPest class ever, pwns everyone at everything everywhere

If u answered:

1) STFU with all the QQ posts about DK.. if u re beaten by a retarded guess what u are
    2) If the OPest class that wins you all the time is again pulling 1k DPS(still winning you) guess what u are

Ive always thought (although it would be impossible to balance, so this is a pipedream), that a 10-25 man FFA arena would be the most awesome thing ever.

No teams, just glory to the last man standing. Of course, stealthers would usually win by playing it cheap. Also would prolly be easy to exploit. Still, i think itd be fun.
    Rocket Sauce.

fuck no lollolol. i used to make my own 5's teams and its the most frustrating thing first gettin everyone to play, and on top of that, the only strategy would be zerg one character, then another and so on. No matter how many healers, if u have 7 dps or watever zergin one char, they're not going to keep him up. on top of that, the only reason organized battlegrounds actually worked and was fun was because there were different objectives, thered only be 3 or so ppl on a flag, or there would be offense, defense, and midfield. now 10v10 straight on, someone on vent would call out a single target until the team is done, plus 10 people in a pvp match all together calling out whos cc'ed and whos healing who would be a little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldor
    I still vouch for ranked battlegrounds. 5v5 arena is just too small for my liking. I want larger strategic battles, arenas doesn't suffice. Battleground matches between guilds/teams would require much more strategy.

That' my opinion at least.
    What he said..

If you want a 25 man free for all, last man standing wins, its pretty easy. Get together 25 people, and go to the nagrand or stv arena. Then fight to the death.

My guild has done it once or twice. Cheap rogues who wait it out do tend to win. Theres usually a lot of aoe flying around though if they dont hug the wall pretty close.