Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

patch 3.2: unknown raid instance

Let the guessing commence!

How about Grim Batol?
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Re: patch 3.2: unknown raid instance

Im sorry, what exactly are we guessing for?

It is guessing what the "mystery raid instance" announced will be in patch 3.2.

this:

[blizzquote]
    Upcoming patches
    • Patch 3.1 - Patch 3.1 will be the first content patch of the expansion and is already done. It will include Ulduar raid instance (10 and 25 Man) (Source)
    • Patch 3.2 - Patch 3.2 will add a new and still unknown raid instance to the game. (Source)
    • Patch 3.3 - Patch 3.3 will introduce Icecrown Citadel and should also resolve the storyline of Ashbringer. (Source)

Of course, sorry.

Personally i think it will be Uldum.

'In case you don't know anything about Uldum, it's a Titan complex in south Tanaris. According to an ancient Titan holographic recording, this is one of three Titan stations in Azeroth. The others are Uldaman in the Badlands, and Ulduar, in Northrend. While we know the most about Uldaman, where the Titans actually made the Dwarves, Earthern, and Troggs, and Ulduar is a complete mystery, we know a little about Uldum. According the the recordings, Uldum was or is an environmental study and research station. This may have been where the Titans put down the plan for this world, and all it's lakes, mountains, and seas, plus the creatures to be made.

The really interesting thing about Uldum is that it has a massive gaping hole in the centre of its gates, and there a arrows stuck in the wood all around it. On first glance it may seem as if someone or something may have been trying to get into Uldum, but closer inspection reveales another possibility.

The doors, which are about the size of the Gates of Ironforge, have massive iron brackets on the outside. They would have a huge log or plank slid in, thus holding the doors shut. But the brackets are on the outside, not inside. They were closed from the outside to keep something in.

Another thing is the hole in the centre. The doors are about four metres thick, which is reeeeeaaally thick. However, something managed to smash it's way through them. The doors are also slightly pushed out, also as if something was pushing or smashing from the inside.

The arrows around the hole are also interesting, because they are at least a metre long. Whatever or whoever was shooting was really big.

There are also two columns of massive stone pillars outside the entrance. They are richly carved, and some still have thick metal chains hanging between them. One of these pillars are knocked over, and another, the closest to the doors, has the top half missing with burns all over the stone. They COULD be freak accidents, but wind would be unlikely to do such things.

One final piece of the puzzle is the giants outside the entrance. They are large, red, and very elite. As all Giants were made by Titans to terraform the world, there are two possibilities with them. One, they were made/kept/experimented on inside Uldum, and eventually lost it and smashed outside. They then ran out of ideas and wandered around outside Uldum for a couple thousand years.
    But Giants are not known for randomly smashing things, as they are normally very defensive. Also, the hole in the gates is about half way up, and it seems unlikely that the giants could or would pull themselves up through it. Finally, there is the question as to what would have been shooting at them? The trolls or elves, the closest match, are not big enough, and there does not seem to be evidence of any other large civilization there.

The other explaination is the most unsettling. The remaining pillars at the gates are carved with pictures of a snake or snakes. The Giants could have been guards outsde, or simply been nearby. There may have been one or more huge, monsterous snakes or similar creature kept inside Uldum. once the Titans left Azeroth, the creature(s) could have awoken, broken free, or grown strong enough to escape. They break out of Uldum and get attacked by Giants outside the gates, who may either have bows or machines that shot them. The creature escapes into the world, and the giants forget about it after about five seconds, and wander about smooshing passing explorers.

This may or may not be the cause of the damage, but it certainly is something to think about. After all, trolls are known to have statues of snakes...
    '

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Uldum

Another Titan city... Maybe a second part of Ulduar.

If not WOTLK then a future expansion for sure.

I don't think patch 3.1 will be Ulduar then 3.2 will be Uldum

That's like ZG being released one patch before ZA, a bit bland.

Uldum has my vote.

That description Bainz posted sounds sweet...can't wait to get in there =D

Chances are indeed kinda low to release an instance with the same theme one after the other.

It will probably be something in the old world methinks.

Saberoy has a point, however the two instances can be competely different from each other. Imagine e.g. Uldum filled with silithids and with an old god as a final boss.

Indeed.

I does not seem logical to implement two titan instances/raids after each other.

Old World seems like the go.
    I did see a video of something far below Icecrown Citadel, underneath it. I will see if i can dig it up.

Found it:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHBBYn563s

Or perhaps a CoT raid?

A HUGE reason why i think it won't be uldum is the bold lettering " an unknown raid instance to the game" i.e. not around ... currently uldum is around just inaccessable. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble i personally would love to see what's inside the titan "stronghold" if you would, although nothing has been hinted that it is a stronghold. I think that possibly Sargeras was locked in there at one point in time or such, or that possibly it will be the final battle against Sargeras only time will tell.

Well, they -will- implement a dungeon based around Yogg-Saron in WotLK. (An old god like C'Thun)

But it's already possible that Ulduar will be this dungeon and he'll be the endboss there.

If not.. well then this unknown dungeon will be "AQ" 2. And the video about the Faceless Ones that was posted above might also fit in with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    Holy crap, hadn't seen that one. Those are Forgotten Ones you see in there. This might be an old god raid?

Azjol-Nerub

The more I read about it, the more I'm convinced it might be a raid about Yogg-Saron, in Northrend (sorry Uldum'ers). Then again, they might implement him as the end-boss of Ulduar, as Halls of Lighting' Loken is already seen to be corrupted by ol' Yogg. Maybe he took over Ulduar? This would leave room for Uldum...

Quote Originally Posted by TheUncleanOne
    Holy crap, hadn't seen that one. Those are Forgotten Ones you see in there. This might be an old god raid?
    Yes, that is what i said it could be in an earlier post.

Very interesting.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheUncleanOne
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Naz%27anak:_The_Forgotten_Depths
    Dawwwwwww