Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: patch 3.2: unknown raid instance

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser
    Please let this topic die. It was just necro'd from FOUR MONTHS ago. most of the stuff posted here is irrelevant since we know Night of the Dragon and that yogg will be in ulduar.

Create a new thread to discuss this.
    I 2nd this motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    It will be cataclysmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by londrieved
    I believe floating cities are exempt from Cataclysimication
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Wha' bout trolls, mon? No raid in da trolls' ancient capital in WotLK? That huge pyramid in Gun'Drak seems raidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Santiago
    OMG ok guys lets get this straight

the area underneath Icecrown IS NOT A RAID

Sylvanas did not betray the horde, that was the Apothecary and Varimathras

Yogg-Saron is underneath Grizzlmaw

Deathwing is most likely either back at his lair in outlands east of hellfire or in the mountain near Undermine.

Sykk stop poisining pplz minds with false lore and quick assumptions. read and research.

Undermine wont be in this Xpac

thats that for all the Epic fails tainting this thread
    Hmm from the official Ulduar blizz post

Beneath ancient Ulduar, the Old God of death lies, whispering.... Tread carefully, or his prison will become your tomb.

I'm pretty damn sure that's Yogg Saron

Quote Originally Posted by Shjinta
    Hmm from the official Ulduar blizz post

Beneath ancient Ulduar, the Old God of death lies, whispering.... Tread carefully, or his prison will become your tomb.

I'm pretty damn sure that's Yogg Saron
    I just hope they're done with their outdoor troll kick...I hated ZG and I hated ZA. I want an actual raid in between Ulduar and Icecrown...something that leads plot wise up...maybe it involves Tirion...I dunno, but whatever it is...I like the direction so far that Blizzard has done with this expansion involving Arthas into the grind to 80...heroic instances, and into raids.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Here is a fact, Deathwing is Hiding DEEP BENEATH Grim Batol, and it is part of the story line in Night of the Dragon. Pick up a copy; it helps with the lore aspect of it. As you all should know, the Nether Dragons and Twilight Dragons are all from the Black Dragonflight, (Deathwing's flight aka Neltharion the Earth Warder).

His mate Sintharia created the Twilights; which was the only one of his mates to have been able to withstand mating with him after all his changes. She created these Twilight Dragons using the essence of the Nether Dragons, as the Nether Dragons were once Black Flight Dragons Eggs that were corrupted when Draenor aka Outlands now, was torn apart thru Ner'zhul's attempt to open multiple portals. They are not directly affiliated with the Black Flight any longer but there is an interesting twist to that flight.

You are also forgetting that they will be doing something with the Chamber of the Aspects where there are another 2 portals available for there use and an addition to the VoA instance as well. Not sure what they are going to do with the next patch, but I doubt we will be killing TWO aspects in one Expansion. If anything, I think they can leave that to the next expansion. Killing Malygos is almost believable due to the fact that he is not all there. He was not at the top of his game seeing as he went crazy for a few hundred years.

Deathwing however has been planning and scheming for a long time and probably has a piece of the Demonsoul as a clue was left in the Night of the Dragon series. I think more answers are needed as to where Sartharion came from in order to better judge what they are going to do with Deathwing. Even though they killed Sintharian in the book, maybe SHE is the boss we have to fight if they do launch Grim Batol. Seeing as in the book, the place was completely abandoned due to her killing off all the Red Flight dragons that were guarding the place. And as of now in game they are still guarding the place.

Lots of speculation but I would discount Uldum completely. I think whatever was in Uldum escaped out of the place and is already in the world, possibly this is where Cthun was imprisoned or maybe Yogg-Saron or some other old-god. The whole would indicate that something got out. Anyway, my opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelesa
    Lots of speculation but I would discount Uldum completely. I think whatever was in Uldum escaped out of the place and is already in the world, possibly this is where Cthun was imprisoned or maybe Yogg-Saron or some other old-god. The whole would indicate that something got out. Anyway, my opinion on the matter.
    Didn't blizz, pre-wrath, state that they wanted to get Uldum in wrath as well as ulduar, but weren't sure if that was possibe? Definately not an idea to discount atm IMO.

what about a CoT raid that takes you to northrend and helps arthas get frostmorne(forgive me I can't spell) or even takes you to northrend and you help arthas take icecrown, sure you would be helping the final boss but you can't tell me it wouldn't be epic to fight illidan again
    Can't stop the train baby.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Peladin
    what about a CoT raid that takes you to northrend and helps arthas get frostmorne(forgive me I can't spell) or even takes you to northrend and you help arthas take icecrown, sure you would be helping the final boss but you can't tell me it wouldn't be epic to fight illidan again
    Thats already ingame, quest in dragonblight where you watch him get frostmourne. A chain of quests in icecrown that leads you to fight illidan. Small quests and nothing amazing but its already there, no likely they would do it again.

Gundrak (The HUGE temple....)
    or
    Grim Batol (Very much doubt it though, probably not gonna be 2 dragon aspects in WOTLK)
    or
    Underground Nerubian instance. Just my thoughts but i think it will be Gundrak. I mean come on, it's just not a good expansion without at least one troll instance! :P
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings

Something vyrkul or nerubian.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyros
    Saberoy has a point, however the two instances can be competely different from each other. Imagine e.g. Uldum filled with silithids and with an old god as a final boss.
    Sounds familiar, I think I've been there before.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility of the Emerald Nightmare.

Deleted

It's going to be something extending the main theme of the expansion - the struggle against the Lich King & the Scourge.

Most likely something furthering all the bits of lore surrounding Fordring/Ashbringer etc etc

Just "a guess", but would make sense.

Are you all so dim?

Its the middle reeased instance in the expansion..

It's Gun'drak raid.
    Every Expansion has a Troll raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    Are you all so dim?

Its the middle reeased instance in the expansion..

It's Gun'drak raid.
    Every Expansion has a Troll raid
    ^ What he said! ^
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Freyros
    Saberoy has a point, however the two instances can be competely different from each other. Imagine e.g. Uldum filled with silithids and with an old god as a final boss.
    You mean like how Ulduar will have an Old God as a final boss?

Yeah, it's not going to be Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUncleanOne
    The more I read about it, the more I'm convinced it might be a raid about Yogg-Saron, in Northrend (sorry Uldum'ers). Then again, they might implement him as the end-boss of Ulduar, as Halls of Lighting' Loken is already seen to be corrupted by ol' Yogg. Maybe he took over Ulduar? This would leave room for Uldum...
    hmm..yeah.. think it will come a "grizzlyhills" raid, there is a lot of old gods in grizzlyhills and northrend :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by azucha
    hmm..yeah.. think it will come a "grizzlyhills" raid, there is a lot of old gods in grizzlyhills and northrend :P
    There is not "a lot" of them. There is one known in Northrend. Yogg-saron.

But seriously, troll raid is safest bet. We like beating up some trolls.

The Outlands map that was posted actually makes some sense.
    Grim Batol is not that far away from the portal in Blasted Lands.
    If Deathwing escaped that area to fly to the portal, it would not take long.
    Also, when Lady Sinestra flies away during the Netherwing event that randomly happens, she flies south, in the direction of this floating island on the old Draenor map. (I realize this is just conjecture, but hey you never know)

Also, going to Draenor is something that Blizzard has done in Warcraft II, Warcraft III and World of Warcraft to further the plot, it does make a lot of sense for this to happen.

Edit: Also, Sinestra's work was to create twilight dragons (Obsidian Sanctum) it makes even more sense that we would find out more about this raid especially because the Nexus War is over, Alexstrasza and the other drakes need another reason to continue the accord.

Sintharia, her other name was the prime consort of Deathwing which she says it still alive during the Netherwing cut scene.
    Also, Sintharia attempted in the past to curse the Kirin Tor, disallowing the use of magic.

In lore, Sinestra was killed so the Twilight Drakes in Obsidian Sanctum should not exist or are left behind by her.
    Deathwing's existance could explain why the Twilight Drakes are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    It's going to be something extending the main theme of the expansion - the struggle against the Lich King & the Scourge.

Most likely something furthering all the bits of lore surrounding Fordring/Ashbringer etc etc

Just "a guess", but would make sense.
    Maybe you misread something, Patch 3.3 is going to have Icecrown Citadel further resolving the story of Ashbringer.

As to my guess at what the new raid will be...
    Most likely Gun'Drak, but some speculate that the "snake" may just be a Yogg-Saron tentacle, it's possible.
    Grim Batol could be another possibility with the involvement of the Red Dragonflight, and Blizz HAS been planning to do something big with it for quite a while now, and with the revealing of Deathwing being deep in there it makes it possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.