Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Algalon the Observer

I have seen a couple of hard mode anouncements for 25 and 10 man. It seems like most people are taking the normal route through Ulduar on the first week for 25 man. Is anyone trying to down Algalon on 10 man? It seems like that a guild in BiS 25 man naxx stuff should be on track gear wise.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Algalon the Observer

I've read you need alot of Hardmodes to even be able to meet Alganon or something, I am not sure :P Maybe you even have to kill Yogg-Saron on hardmode first?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    I've read you need alot of Hardmodes to even be able to meet Alganon or something, I am not sure :P Maybe you even have to kill Yogg-Saron on hardmode first?
    While Algalon's door is behind Yogg I don't think that it is required to kill him before being able to start the quest line for the key to Algalon's door. So, it would be possible for a guild to attempt Algalon this week.

Don't you need to kill all the bosses on hard mode just to attempt him? I highly doubt we'll see attempts this week... :
    BAMF.

You can't even engage Algalon without first defeating the 4 watchers on hard mode, which are Thorim, Freya, Hodir, and Mimiron. So since most guilds skipped the hardmodes the first week, it is more then likely that you won't see anyone down or even engage Algalon this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs
    Don't you need to kill all the bosses on hard mode just to attempt him? I highly doubt we'll see attempts this week... :
    Not even in 10 man?

The question was more about 10 man mode though. Personally it wouldn't have surprised me if after they did 25 man speed clear Ensidia dedicated a 10 man group to trying to unlock Algalon on normal mode this week. I've heard very little about anyone trying to do this...so I would assume very few, if anyone is, but I had thought the same thing OP.

Opening the door

1.Kill Iron council hard mode
    2.Get shiny quest thingy
    3.Kill Mimiron,Freya,Thorim, and Hodir on hardmode
    4.Get theit shiny quest thingys
    5.Kill agalon (maybe wipe a couple times)
    6.Get loots
    7.Wait for reset
    8.Say screw hardmodes because you already have the key and kill him again
    9.Repeat steps 7-8 forever and ever and ever and ever
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    Opening the door

2.Get shiny quest thingy
    6.Get loots
    7.Wait for reset
    Are we sure that you will keep the key? It seems unlikely that Blizz would leave a clear path to the best loots every week. I would have thought that you would have to complete the quest every time you want to unlock Algalon.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jonnygogo
    Are we sure that you will keep the key? It seems unlikely that Blizz would leave a clear path to the best loots every week. I would have thought that you would have to complete the quest every time you want to unlock Algalon.
    Then I think that would go for the malygos 25m key. No, you will keep it. You get it from a quest, and it is not repeatable.

And skip all the (high itemlvl) epic loot?! Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    Then I think that would go for the malygos 25m key. No, you will keep it. You get it from a quest, and it is not repeatable.

And skip all the (high itemlvl) epic loot?! Fail
    This is of course pure speculation as you have no idea, nobody does, because nobody has done it yet

I'd assume that there is a top PvE Guild out there dedicating themselves to the Hard Modes so they can see Algalon first.

I'm really curious when he's gonna be seen live. Probably also requires a big gear check beside just doing all the other stuff only to get to fight him.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

It looks like Wraith got to him on 10 man, but were unable to take him down. Grats to them for making it that far. Looks like we're in for quite a fight. I wonder if we'll see more guilds go after him in 10 man this week?

Can only fight him one hour per week! Holy crap, this won't be easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hollaback
    Can only fight him one hour per week! Holy crap, this won't be easy...
    It may be 1 hour per 24 hours, like Vael, which seems a bit more likely. He wouldn't be down for a year at least, if it was only 1 hour per week.

EDIT. Nevermind! Holy shit!

Opening the door

2.Get shiny quest thingy
    6.Get loots
    7.Wait for reset
    "It's simple, we uhm, kill the batman"

One hour per week... I think it'll take a few more weeks before you can "farm" Algalon.

When he (ever we ever go to farm status) is farmable, 1 mistake per 1 retard can fail 1 week ;P
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

I don't know about you guys, but the restriction make me think he's easier than we've been lead to believe, and this is an attempt to inflate his longevity. He's got some kind of complicated movement and debuff strat most likely, but I don't think he's ever going to approach the level that Vael (who had a 1 hour per day window) was.
    In mediocre MMOs, people complain about some classes.
    In good MMOS, no one complains about any classes.
    In the best MMOS, people complain about every class.

Algalon is a freaking joke with such a long respawn timer. Hes giving me the feeling he wont be that hard to kill, but he will be hell to learn. 1 hour in 10man and 1 hour in 25man .... with a schedule like that it would have took us months to kill vashj, kael and archi instead of a week or 2 of attempts on each.

At least he might live to his name of "hardcore" boss. (until they nerf that timer)