Thread: Wild Growth

Wild Growth

Is wild growth a channel spell, or can you instant cast it while on the run?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Wild Growth

Its instant cast, and as you say, can be cast on the run.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

if you have the mana and the regen... wild growth in BGs is gonna be hax

The 15 yard range seems awefully short, but then again priest's CoH is also only 15yards.

While our AoE heal is instant cast, it lasts for 7 seconds and only heals as much as CoH, so we wont be able to keep a group under heavy AoE alive, unless it's your group ofc, then there's tranquility.

Wild growth is the awesome. First tick for me is around 380, then decreases down to around 300. 2 resto druid on BB should be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Razulath
    2 resto druid on BB should be enough
    ofc not. why?

- wild growth doesnt give enough hps to outheal bloodboil
    - its not you who chooses the targets for wild growth. so most likely you would end up refreshing the ones already ticking

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    While our AoE heal is instant cast, it lasts for 7 seconds and only heals as much as CoH, so we wont be able to keep a group under heavy AoE alive, unless it's your group ofc, then there's tranquility.
    it heals twice as much as priest's CoH
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

..I got a wild growth right here! *points at crotch*
    Alright, cyber-five!

Ah, my bad, I was comparing the lvl 80 CoH with the level 70 WG.
    It is infact double the amount, but still over 7seconds, but then again their's is instant and has no cd, so they'll be faster at healing AoE dmg than us, but ours is more manaefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by lota7
    CoH has a CD
    Wrong. In WotLK it has no cooldown.

Heals twice of CoH after buff, although over time.

imagining a druid running from one end of av to another casting wild growth every time when he run pass an alliance....

i will post up my thoughts after that mental image settles

All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

15+ Year Old Account

hu?

I'm not a huge fan of Wild Growth. But there seems to be some miss-information about it all the same.

1. It's got a 15 yard range, but based on your target. It's only centered on the caster if you have no target (and intelligent self-cast enabled) or if you have yourself targeted. If you target someone else, it will be centered on THEM and work to a 15-yard radius from that point -- range is the same as all other healing spells.

2. You don't "choose" who to target past the first one; think Chain Heal. The 5 people with the lowest health by percentage (if more than 5 min range) will be the target of the spell. This is mostly a good thing, as it will make it more effective over-all.

3. I still dont' like it because the healing ammount is so low. However, I'll also admit I have not used this in BGs or even in raid environments yet -- I will say, though, that for 5-man groups and less its pretty much worthless unless you're trying to cure boredome (although I dont' find it very exciting, especially not for a 51-point talent).

It's not junk entirely, and will be a nice extra tool in the box come lvl 80 raiding. But it's certainly not a new bread-and-butter heal that is designed to replace Regrowth, Rejuvination or Lifebloom (depending on your personal healing style). What it WILL do is help us fill in the gaps the direct healers leave in raids, which is a large part of what we do now.

All this is just in my (albeit limited) opinion. I just wanted to be sure folks knew how the mechanics worked instead of theorycrafting based on some weird thing that's not real.

-- Tigras of Hellscream

Quote Originally Posted by Buni
    I'm not a huge fan of Wild Growth. But there seems to be some miss-information about it all the same.

1. It's got a 15 yard range, but based on your target. It's only centered on the caster if you have no target (and intelligent self-cast enabled) or if you have yourself targeted. If you target someone else, it will be centered on THEM and work to a 15-yard radius from that point -- range is the same as all other healing spells.

2. You don't "choose" who to target past the first one; think Chain Heal. The 5 people with the lowest health by percentage (if more than 5 min range) will be the target of the spell. This is mostly a good thing, as it will make it more effective over-all.

3. I still dont' like it because the healing ammount is so low. However, I'll also admit I have not used this in BGs or even in raid environments yet -- I will say, though, that for 5-man groups and less its pretty much worthless unless you're trying to cure boredome (although I dont' find it very exciting, especially not for a 51-point talent).

It's not junk entirely, and will be a nice extra tool in the box come lvl 80 raiding. But it's certainly not a new bread-and-butter heal that is designed to replace Regrowth, Rejuvination or Lifebloom (depending on your personal healing style). What it WILL do is help us fill in the gaps the direct healers leave in raids, which is a large part of what we do now.

All this is just in my (albeit limited) opinion. I just wanted to be sure folks knew how the mechanics worked instead of theorycrafting based on some weird thing that's not real.

-- Tigras of Hellscream

at level 80 my WG first tick is 680 and the last is around 450.... if you have at least 3 targets that need healing its worth it. Coupled with the fact that it will scale well with HoT talents its pretty good... sure beats the hell out of riptide for my shammy

While I agree, the point is that it's 7 seconds of healing, subject to the GCD -- Rejuviation, at level 70 with current gear, heals a single target (that I choose) for about 6k over 12 seconds and gives me the option of using Swiftmend. Wild Growth, with a higher mana cost and the same "cast time" (GCD), heals up to 5 peole for around 2k each over 7 seconds. There's no question that, in terms of raw numbers, it's effective.

The problem is that the healing ammount is low enough that if you are the only healer in a 5-man, it's simply not focused and strong enough to be effective *most* of the time. That does not mean, however, that I won't spec for it and keep it close on my bar. Much like Tranquility is far, far from one of my "main" spells, this will have a time and place. But at level 70 (and leveling through the early 70s) I don't think this does the trick, if for no other reason that Reso talent point starvation.

Over-all, though, it's a good spell to add for that 1% of the time it's useful. My biggest gripe is that it's our 51-point talent and is so situational. I'd personally rather have a "bread and butter" talent, or one that affects our main heals. But that's just my opinion and shouldn't be taken as a gripe or anything.

Mostly, my original post was just to point out what I thought were some folks' misconceptions of the specll, what it did, and how, not complain about the spell, as much as I did go off on that tangent

Quote Originally Posted by Buni
    While I agree, the point is that it's 7 seconds of healing, subject to the GCD -- Rejuviation, at level 70 with current gear, heals a single target (that I choose) for about 6k over 12 seconds and gives me the option of using Swiftmend. Wild Growth, with a higher mana cost and the same "cast time" (GCD), heals up to 5 peole for around 2k each over 7 seconds. There's no question that, in terms of raw numbers, it's effective.

The problem is that the healing ammount is low enough that if you are the only healer in a 5-man, it's simply not focused and strong enough to be effective *most* of the time. That does not mean, however, that I won't spec for it and keep it close on my bar. Much like Tranquility is far, far from one of my "main" spells, this will have a time and place. But at level 70 (and leveling through the early 70s) I don't think this does the trick, if for no other reason that Reso talent point starvation.

Over-all, though, it's a good spell to add for that 1% of the time it's useful. My biggest gripe is that it's our 51-point talent and is so situational. I'd personally rather have a "bread and butter" talent, or one that affects our main heals. But that's just my opinion and shouldn't be taken as a gripe or anything.

Mostly, my original post was just to point out what I thought were some folks' misconceptions of the specll, what it did, and how, not complain about the spell, as much as I did go off on that tangent

yea make valid points... but again its gonna be a situational omg great heal

while rejuv will heal more per single target, you get to heal more targets with 1 GCD. As long as they didnt take a buttload of damage its a great heal.

I certainly will enjoy using it in AV/WSG turtles