Death Knight Battlegear

.. has bonuses on it to scourge strike and obliterate.

The increase to obit is fine, but it sort of lends itself to unholy over any other spec which is kinda blah-tastic in our entry level gear. I was kinda wanting to play blood but this would push me to unholy. What if it was an increase to all of the higher talents strikes instead. Frost strike, heart strike and scourge strike. I think that would be more even. What do you guys think?

Re: Death Knight Battlegear

Obliterate is great for blood if u spec into to frost a bit u can get a huge buff on obliterate where your diseases aren't taken away when u use it.

Scourge strike is the highest damaging strike unholy has.
    Obliterate is the highest damage strike both blood and frost currently have.

I do see your point and yea... I wish it was somethin else however... Its kinda forcing us to do blood/frost rather than blood/unholy like i have speced. Oh well, obli not taking the diseases away is pretty nasty.

I would have liked to see bonuses to heart strike on it.

I dont really see the issue

If you're blood specced you still blow your UF runes on obliterate.
    This buff helps all specs, and yes blood SHOULD spec 13 points in frost, because you should be using obliterate.

Scourge strike is the replacement for Obliterate, if your unholy you'll never use obliterate just as if your blood or frost you'd never use scourge strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx
    I dont really see the issue

If you're blood specced you still blow your UF runes on obliterate.
    This buff helps all specs, and yes blood SHOULD spec 13 points in frost, because you should be using obliterate.

As blood unholy I have a really neat rotation where I only use obliterate either to kill something or to cap off my diseases as they are about to drop right before I re-apply. 51/0/20 HS spam really seems to outpace blood frost / annihilation. For me anyway, maybe it's playstyle.