Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.0.3 gives a little love to prot.

"Shield of the Templar now also reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3%."

lawl. 3 more % to dmaage reduction... not bad for a start.
    Stop standing in fire...

Deleted

Re: 3.0.3 gives a little love to prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy
    "Shield of the Templar now also reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3%."

lawl. 3 more % to dmaage reduction... not bad for a start.
    It was not mentioned in the patch notes but they're also buffing Hammer of Righteousness to cause 4 x weapon DPS instead of the current 3x.

So yes, I am seriously loving my prot paladin <3

Both changes are beautiful! I wasn't aware that either of them were coming out before WotLK, though. Consider me a happy panda.

I thank God everyday I am a Prot Paladin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kare
    I thank God everyday I am a Prot Paladin!
    i love prot pallys, they are my favorite tank to bring right now
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kare
    I thank God everyday I am a SEXY Prot Paladin!
    There, fixed it for you :P Oh wait, well, perhaps YOU aren't that sexy, but if your toon looks anywhere as hawt as your sig then... Well, you get the point

ohhhh yeahh

I started rerolling a Pally in doubt if I was gonna be Prot or Ret...
    Now Prot for sure

I just retired my feral druid and now currently level 65 prot pally ;D
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

love my prot pally <3
    Stop standing in fire...

Im considering going TG on warrior and prot on paladin, as opposed to prot and ret. Protadin looks like so much fun
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

guys is there any post here about prot builds and leveling 70-80
    I can't find anything about holy or prot...just ret.
    I am tired of the daily nerfs and ready to go back to protection if they can do some damage now.

Healing,it would be good if healing wasn't soooooooo damn screwed up..put this on boss, do that, Iwhile standing on one foot while turning around
    you cast a heal while you drink a glass of water....ROFL

The desired def ratin cap 490 still or is it lowered? Or even not required. my main set is ret but i have quite a few t5 in my prot set jus curious ^^.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thekrazyretguy
    The desired def ratin cap 490 still or is it lowered? Or even not required. my main set is ret but i have quite a few t5 in my prot set jus curious ^^.
    At lvl70 you need 490 to be uncrittable. At lvl80 you need a lot more than that.

GayGirlie,
    I thought it at lvl 70 it was actually (when you scroll over defense and resiliance and add it up) a hit to be missed or critically hit by 5.6% - which means you could have a slightly lower def rating than 490 (although at 490 you'd be sure of making that magical number)

Quote Originally Posted by Elicium
    GayGirlie,
    I thought it at lvl 70 it was actually (when you scroll over defense and resiliance and add it up) a hit to be missed or critically hit by 5.6% - which means you could have a slightly lower def rating than 490 (although at 490 you'd be sure of making that magical number)
    That 5.6% combined figure from defense and resilience is correct, however it's exactly 490 defense (not rating) that you would need if you were using defense rating alone (which everyone except a druid should really be doing).

350 defense from being level 70 + 140 defense from gear (which is 2.36DR@70, i.e. 331 defense rating, because fractional defense does not contribute).

ok then it hasnt changed and i just need 20 more since i cant get def rating from talents ty muah

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    It was not mentioned in the patch notes but they're also buffing Hammer of Righteousness to cause 4 x weapon DPS instead of the current 3x.

So yes, I am seriously loving my prot paladin <3
    Then I hope they changed the mechanic of it since last time i saw it. Is it still a "cast", making you throw your shield on your back, and thus making you unable to block, or did they fix that?

If they didn't, it still sucks. Or, well.. for fights with a fast attacker that is..

Quote Originally Posted by Dysorl
    Then I hope they changed the mechanic of it since last time i saw it. Is it still a "cast", making you throw your shield on your back, and thus making you unable to block, or did they fix that?

If they didn't, it still sucks. Or, well.. for fights with a fast attacker that is..
    HotR is and has always been an instant. Instant spells do not interfere with your ability to block. So no, it certainly doesn't suck.
    Also, 4X weapon DPS isn't a buff, it's a tooltip update. It does 4X weapon DPS now on live servers.

Most items at lvl80 (even BoE crafted items) come with loads of stam, str and defense.

I was able to hit the new def cap of 540 with a few items picked up from the lvl77+ instances and some of the crafted items. (Shield in particular....it's just so dang sexy.)

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Most items at lvl80 (even BoE crafted items) come with loads of stam, str and defense.

I was able to hit the new def cap of 540 with a few items picked up from the lvl77+ instances and some of the crafted items. (Shield in particular....it's just so dang sexy.)
    Speaking of crafted and other shields, I haven't noticed any yet, but have they given us an upgrade to the PLG? I threw a shield spike on mine and use it for everything but raids since lvl 62, its too much fun to not use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.