Righteous Vengeance problem

Divine Storm (melee damage) + target armor + resilience affecting first the critical then the dot = .... crappy dot ???

Any one have tested the new dot yet?
    Im not sure if resilience is affecting Righteous Vengeance 2 times but in the way it work it might affect decrease the dot damage twice.

Re: Righteous Vengeance problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo_601
    Divine Storm (melee damage) + target armor + resilience affecting first the critical then the dot = .... crappy dot ???

Any one have tested the new dot yet?
    Im not sure if resilience is affecting Righteous Vengeance 2 times but in the way it work it might affect decrease the dot damage twice.
    I have no problem with it no matter how crappy it is, I just want it to be physical so rogues won't CloS it. And sorry, didn't test it yet :/

Edit: Typos

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Last time i checked it on ptr it was magic =| meaning rouges CAN cloak it >.<;;;;; but hey, if they dont or forget to (..sure) it'll be pretty sweet xD

and it's actually a pretty good DoT on both judgment and DStorm procs, ticks more than concecrate does normally

They are making DStorm physical damage in the future, I gues not in 3.03

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsicola
    They are making DStorm physical damage in the future, I gues not in 3.03
    It allready is physical damage. It was hotfixed very early after the 3.0.2 release.
    As of now, the tooltip on Seal of Command, Judgement of Command, Judgement of the Wise and Divine Storm is wrong. All these skills have been changed in hotfixes, but in order to change the tooltip they need to release a patch since that change is client side.

Having the dot magic is just another anti-warrior ability. Not so good against rogues, other paladins or priests. :P

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Capoldriahn
    It allready is physical damage. It was hotfixed very early after the 3.0.2 release.
    As of now, the tooltip on Seal of Command, Judgement of Command, Judgement of the Wise and Divine Storm is wrong. All these skills have been changed in hotfixes, but in order to change the tooltip they need to release a patch since that change is client side.

Having the dot magic is just another anti-warrior ability. Not so good against rogues, other paladins or priests. :P
    trust me, it will still be a pain in the ass to get rid of it. If you have stoicism that is.

You know, even if it's a Magic DoT it's still not bad in my eyes, sooner or later you're going to apply it on a Rogue after his CloS, it's a 100% after a crit from Judgement/Divine Storm.. not bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by R0my312
    Last time i checked it on ptr it was magic =| meaning rouges CAN cloak it >.<;;;;; but hey, if they dont or forget to (..sure) it'll be pretty sweet xD

and it's actually a pretty good DoT on both judgment and DStorm procs, ticks more than concecrate does normally
    Consecrate ticks every second, RV ticks every 3 seconds I think, so it would have to tick a LOT harder to make it anything like worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrum
    Consecrate ticks every second, RV ticks every 3 seconds I think, so it would have to tick a LOT harder to make it anything like worthwhile.
    It's still guaranteed to do 40% of your critical strike damage, say you did a 2k Divine Storm, then it'll do 800 over 8 seconds.

Something else is worrying me though, now if I crit Divine Storm and a Judgement in row with like 2 seconds interval, wouldn't it eat out a tick while reapplying?

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    It's still guaranteed to do 40% of your critical strike damage, say you did a 2k Divine Storm, then it'll do 800 over 8 seconds.

Something else is worrying me though, now if I crit Divine Storm and a Judgement in row with like 2 seconds interval, wouldn't it eat out a tick while reapplying?
    Hopefully its like roling ignites
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

they should make it at least stack twice

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    Hopefully its like roling ignites
    I believe it has been accounted to roll on from last implement, like the above states like a mage's ignite.

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Quote Originally Posted by naypalmacus
    I believe it has been accounted to roll on from last implement, like the above states like a mage's ignite.
    Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    I have no problem with it no matter how crappy it is, I just want it to be physical so rogues won't CloS it. And sorry, didn't test it yet :/

Edit: Typos
    Only in a 1v1 situation would a rogue blow CoS for something like that. Unlikely that would be the sole reason to CoS in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Only in a 1v1 situation would a rogue blow CoS for something like that. Unlikely that would be the sole reason to CoS in arena.
    I know that, but most rogues those days pop their CoS to resist Hammer Of Justice. Let them CoS, it'll eventually land again since it's on Divine Storm and Judgement crits. Unless you're too unlucky

But overall, 40% of Crit Damage isn't bad at all imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Capoldriahn

Oh, well thanks. I never found that out!

/Facepalm

15+ Year Old Account

i just hope the dot will be applied from judgement, CS and DS. 3 dots rolling all the time would be nice. even better if it also does white crits ;D

I think its just Judgement and Divine Storm, which I suppose is to allow it to tick properly. I'd honestly rather it be 40% of Judgement damage over 8 seconds, crit or no, and leave it off DS entirely. Can't really reapply Judgement more than once every 8 seconds (unless the 80 PvP Set reduces it by one, then we have ignite rollovers for that). However, 40% more judgement damage as a DoT might be asking for too much in light of reduced strength of just about everything we're getting.
    We are each but one, an individual who can make choices for themselves.

But together we are many, a great force to which no one can deny.

Perhaps it is time we choose to use that force to improve the world.

Let's make freedom reign.

Quote Originally Posted by NydusTemplar
    I think its just Judgement and Divine Storm, which I suppose is to allow it to tick properly. I'd honestly rather it be 40% of Judgement damage over 8 seconds, crit or no, and leave it off DS entirely. Can't really reapply Judgement more than once every 8 seconds (unless the 80 PvP Set reduces it by one, then we have ignite rollovers for that). However, 40% more judgement damage as a DoT might be asking for too much in light of reduced strength of just about everything we're getting.
    Not to mention that since they are nerfing Judgement damage by 20% it would be like the DoT was nerfed before it was created lol.

From what I was reading, the DoT from Divine Storm and Judgement are separate, so if you crit with both, back to back, you actually get double the effect.

I haven't seen it firsthand, though, so I can't say anything.