Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Retribution DPS Benchmark

I have a 70 retribution paladin geared in all S2 arena gear/weapon and 2 pieces of S4. I have high-level gems and enchants, and my glyphs. I'm spec'd 5/56 at the moment. Many folks comment that I'm a good player, but I'm certainly not the best.

I hear of other players hitting DPS figures into the thousands. Prior to the 3.x patch, I was capped at around 5-600. Now, with the same gear, I have broken 1000 for the first time - but that is going to drop with the nerf. I have been unable to find any gear better than what I have until well after Kara, and my guild isn't capable of running anything tougher than that. I rarely see paladins geared better than I am, but am envious when I do. I am totally baffled by some of the numbers here, and have no idea at the moment how to achieve them. It's hard to believe that there is gear out there that will double or triple my DPS.

Here's my question...

What kind of DPS should I be doing?
    How in the world are you putting out 2000+ dps?
    What kind of gear must you have to do that, and where did you get it?

Thanks!

Re: Retribution DPS Benchmark

Food.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeyzilla
    I have a 70 retribution paladin geared in all S2 arena gear/weapon and 2 pieces of S4. I have high-level gems and enchants, and my glyphs. I'm spec'd 5/56 at the moment. Many folks comment that I'm a good player, but I'm certainly not the best.

I hear of other players hitting DPS figures into the thousands. Prior to the 3.x patch, I was capped at around 5-600. Now, with the same gear, I have broken 1000 for the first time - but that is going to drop with the nerf. I have been unable to find any gear better than what I have until well after Kara, and my guild isn't capable of running anything tougher than that. I rarely see paladins geared better than I am, but am envious when I do. I am totally baffled by some of the numbers here, and have no idea at the moment how to achieve them. It's hard to believe that there is gear out there that will double or triple my DPS.

Here's my question...

What kind of DPS should I be doing?
    How in the world are you putting out 2000+ dps?
    What kind of gear must you have to do that, and where did you get it?

Thanks!

Umm, putting out 2k is prolly not possible if you only have kara gear, but 1k should be easy, like super easy. Keep ur seal up and use moves when cooldowns are ready.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I as a Retribution Paladin with T4-ish gear, mostly from kara, heroics, badge and some pvp gear, am doing arround 1100-1200 dps in ZA and more if we have an enhancement shaman with us. So I believe that with T5 gear should be ease to get to 1600-1700's and T6 gear shouldn't be a problem to break the 2000.

But that's just what I think, let's hope any Retribution Paladin who has raided past MH comes along and tell us

i do 2200 dps full raid buffed with full season 4 sans season 3 shoulders, MH rep ring, angelistas revenge, shard of contempt, dragonspine trophy and using torch of the damned.

I hit 2200+ regularly on single targets fully raid buffed... I have an interesting assortment of gear(ret's not my main spec) that includes S3 chest, S4 gloves, 2 pieces of T6(legs & shoulders) and I use a Shivering Felspine as my wep.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    I hit 2200+ regularly on single targets fully raid buffed... I have an interesting assortment of gear(ret's not my main spec) that includes S3 chest, S4 gloves, 2 pieces of T6(legs & shoulders) and I use a Shivering Felspine as my wep.
    Let's see a WWS parse of that. T6 Ret pallies in our BT and Sunwell runs do about 1500DPS, with top DPS around 1700. And we're blowing through the bosses at amazing speed (2.5 hour full BT clears). Maybe there's something wrong with how our meters calculate it, but I have a hard time swallowing these claims of 2200 DPS.

i do 2700!!!!! everywhere i go! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://wowwebstats.com/fush5krml23me?s=26622-39132

WWS of me doin 2100 dps at Naj'entus, with t6-ish gear (missing some parts and having a Blade of Harbingers).

Armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ider&n=Gaeryth

15+ Year Old Account

my highest on brut was 2700 dps. got 3x t6(chest, shoulders, legs) s4 gloves and badge axe.

damn armory shows im still holy >

I do 9x10^22 DPS XD not.

I do 1400-1500dps in Kara with few buffs and Merc. Glad gear. In ZA, I do about 1300-1400dps. In TK the other night, at times I was pushing 2500dps fully raid buffed. This is after the hotfixes to JotW and SoC/JoC, also and I never had a problem with mana.

I can throw about 1300 sustained DPS self-buffed in most TBC instances.

With full raid buffs (Windfury, SoE, MotW, etc)I could probably lay down in the neighborhood of 1900ish with SoMartyr.

This is with 4/5 S2, Engy headpiece, Glad's Resolution (honor cloak that's better than Dory's), BLB, S2 Weap, Libram of Avengement & full enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblerot
    Let's see a WWS parse of that. T6 Ret pallies in our BT and Sunwell runs do about 1500DPS, with top DPS around 1700. And we're blowing through the bosses at amazing speed (2.5 hour full BT clears). Maybe there's something wrong with how our meters calculate it, but I have a hard time swallowing these claims of 2200 DPS.
    Your meters are wrong, or your paladin sucks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I average 1900 in badge haste gear and belt of battle and tabi boots, and on some fights i can break 2200. and fights with aoe/undead such as illhoof i can break 3200.
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblerot
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaeryth
    http://wowwebstats.com/fush5krml23me?s=26622-39132

WWS of me doin 2100 dps at Naj'entus, with t6-ish gear (missing some parts and having a Blade of Harbingers).

Armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ider&n=Gaeryth
    Quote Originally Posted by beefers
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

In well lets say my gear ranges from Kara to BT I am doing about 1900+ dps on bosses in MH/BT and usually around 1600+ for anything else raid buffed.
    wow armory = http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nmaw&n=A%C3%AD Currently in my LF gear lawlz, will log back out in my reg gear.

Okay, I could only find one doing 2150, but I wasn't using demonslaying either.

But it's pretty close to 2200, so I'm going to say that your paladins either suck, or more likely your dps meters are broken. My gear really isn't even that great, I just went ret because they didn't need the extra healer for M'uru.

http://wowwebstats.com/izyuc1xiswnym?s=16095-32469

I basically have s2 gear, with some off PvE pieces here and there for hit rating. I did 850 DPS on average before the patch in this gear, and now I do about 1200-1300 in the same gear.