Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Priest Molten Core quest?

oh lol, haha I meant Inner Fire of course. My apologees

Dispersion is in my opinion a very viable 51-point talent. I use it all the time in PvE. It's a "Get-out-of-jail" free card that you see Rogues have too many of as it is. Specially on KJ I use it if the dragon is too far away, or if it gets hectic. It's a 5k hit, but alot better than a 45k one

Quote Originally Posted by rakkeh

Uh, you do realise that down ranking is a stupid thing to do, and has been for a while.... Look at your all spell ranks from 1-10 whatever.... hey look same mana cost! And I imagine you still lose coefficient.

In short... down ranking, don't do it kids.
    It had nothing to do about whether or not it was benefitial or not. I didn't do it because I wanted to do it as EASY as possible. Then I would've respecced and just walked through it. I did it because I wanted to replica the conditions of doing the quest at lvl60. What's the fun in doing the quest if it's not a challenge right?

It was fun and mana intensive, just as I wanted it

Quote Originally Posted by Corr
    It had nothing to do about whether or not it was benefitial or not. I didn't do it because I wanted to do it as EASY as possible. Then I would've respecced and just walked through it. I did it because I wanted to replica the conditions of doing the quest at lvl60. What's the fun in doing the quest if it's not a challenge right?

It was fun and mana intensive, just as I wanted it
    You don't realise you made it HARDER than it was at 60 by downranking?

ahhh I love that staff, screw making a disc priest twink, I want to level and get it as well :-X
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Hmmm, I just took a guess really. If it was HARDER than 60, then even better. Not much left of challenges left in this game, and if I can overcome a challenge with more difficult circumstances than meant, I'm just more pleased

What makes you think it caused it to be harder though, just out of curiosity.

That you loose coefficiency by downranking, yet the mana cost is very very high at 70.
    So your healing-per-mana was alot lower than a level 60 priest would have had.

But indeed, it's interesting that this is one of the few quests that haven't lost it's difficulty just because we got 10 levels higher, and got stacked up with new shiny epics.

I did this on my priest back in the day, I did it right after a raid one night, so I was still fully buffed and I had, thorns, holy water and the fire potions so I didnt use holy nova at all, just spent all my mana on healing / curing deases I was a pretty much full disc (11 holy) and in T1/2 at the time.

I one shotted it, but i'd watched countless videos and a number of threads about how to do it for months before I got it.

Gratz to all you guys who have it now, I personally always carry this staff in my backpack as a memento of my time spent in the guild infamous and why I hate PvE so much!

I progressed all the way to nefarian in bwl and saw 3 hand of ragnaros created before majordomo finally dropped the eye of divinity for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    That you loose coefficiency by downranking, yet the mana cost is very very high at 70.
    So your healing-per-mana was alot lower than a level 60 priest would have had.

But indeed, it's interesting that this is one of the few quests that haven't lost it's difficulty just because we got 10 levels higher, and got stacked up with new shiny epics.
    Rank 12: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25222, 17% of base mana @ 70 ~= 353 mana

Rank 5: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6077, 19% of base mana @ 70 ~= 394 mana

You weren't just nerfing your coefficient, lower ranks actually cost more mana for less healing. The same applies to (almost) every spell in the game. Never downrank again, unless your actual goal is to waste mana to make it harder.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Those are interesting numbers when thinking how hard the quest is originally. I encourage every priest out there to go to MC, and go try your luck, which ever way you choose to do it It really is an experience that you shouldn't be without as a priest.