Would Paladins turn into some sort of holy form work

I think it would be cool for some sort of talent or spell to turn into a some sort of holy creature of the light maybe some sort of angel and go aggro on things sorta like demon form for locks. Lasting 30secs ish and not be able to do certain things but get cool abilities for the allotted time.

Re: Would Paladins turn into some sort of holy form work

no

Quote Originally Posted by Fritos12
    I think it would be cool for some sort of talent or spell to turn into a some sort of holy creature of the light maybe some sort of angel and go aggro on things sorta like demon form for locks. Lasting 30secs ish and not be able to do certain things but get cool abilities for the allotted time.
    Why? They are making a lot of the "classes" the "same" why not think of something other then what other classes already have?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    They do not use magic to teleport, transform, move things towards or away from themselves, etc.
    pffft how do you think I get those Cheetos off the top shelf?

In dnd 4th edition there is divine teleportation which is channeling holy magic

....... Crap did I stumble into the wrong game again? sorry I will go back to my WOW game which is different in many ways to D&D.

Sorry to bother you guys.

Umm the basis of that tele is that you switch positions to protect someone from dying so therefore its a defensive use of holy magic to quote your offensive or defensive use only

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    In that scenario, your immense physical strength comes into play, without forgetting your humility. You pick up the rack with one arm, flip it upside down, grab the Cheetos, then position the rack back in place.
    You flatter me... no that is to much like exercise... I would just rather wiggle a finger and have the Cheetos dumped in my lap.

Umm the basis of that tele is that you switch positions to protect someone from dying so therefore its a defensive use of holy magic to quote your offensive or defensive use only
    What like Righteous Defense?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

The major thing you're forgetting is that DnD 4th Edition sucks in comparison to it's big brother 3.5 Edition.

its similar the defense the persons bubbles and you get aggro im talking you switch places you get in there grill and kill them

its similar the defense the persons bubbles and you get aggro im talking you switch places you get in there grill and kill them
    Righteous Defense makes up to 3 targets come after you.... so you dont have to move. What if you are engaged with a mob already? So you switch spots and put the person back in danger... or make the one you were engaged b4 the switch run half way across the room possibly disrupting stuff....

Im not against ideas really.... but people need to think things out.... While it sounds good at the beginning you always need to ask yourself a bunch of "what ifs" that occur in normal gameplay. That is what makes the difference between good ideas and silly ones.

Well we could get a summon, in the form of an avenging angel to come smite our enemies. guess it could be the new 61 point talent, when we reach lvl 90.

Tbh its a little silly atm but I guess unless blizzard ends wow we may need something so silly soon.

Pala's dont need a holy form, were already priest's in plate.

I actually quite like the sound of this, i imagine it would work similarly to a warriors intervene ability and if it taunted the mobs targeting your holy teleport target it could be useful.

Obviously you could end up putting your target in more danger but if i was tanking 3 mobs and saw one run to a dps'er i would just taunt him normally. However if before a pull a member of your group gets ganked by a patrol or you are knocked away from your tanking target and lose aggro to a melee at the same time it could be more useful than a standard taunt, sounds good fun too.