Basic DPS rotation

Below is a screen shot of the end result of me DPSing a lvl70 target dummy. (Nov. 3, 2008) The goal here was to see how long i could sustain a basic dps rotation before running out of mana. Just as every other melee class/spec we should be able to sustain a basic dps rotation indefinatly.

Abilities used:
    Judgement of justice, Crusader Strike, Divine storm, seal of command. (which is the basic dps rotation for ret)

Gear:
    Armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zad&n=Glenicus
    (4/5 Brutal, T6 shoulders, Vengful mace, Full guardains + vindicator ring, Shard of contempt, 45 resil trinket)

What to notice from the screenshot:
    *Duration of the fight was 8mins, 49sec.
    *DPS = 1072

I wonder how much its gonna suck at 80 with no intel on our gear.

http://hypnotikspeed.com/livefeeds/W...308_153348.jpg

Re: Basic DPS rotation

You are a clicker.....

seal of command. (which is the basic dps rotation for ret)

It's not a basic DPS roatation for ret.... Seal of Blood for PVE, SoC for PVP.. check the charts.

ok so use seal of blood, its not gonna save you any more mana..

Quote Originally Posted by Glen
    Below is a screen shot of the end result of me DPSing a lvl70 target dummy. (Nov. 3, 2008) The goal here was to see how long i could sustain a basic dps rotation before running out of mana. Just as every other melee class/spec we should be able to sustain a basic dps rotation indefinatly.

Abilities used:
    Judgement of justice, Crusader Strike, Divine storm, seal of command. (which is the basic dps rotation for ret)

Gear:
    Armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zad&n=Glenicus
    (4/5 Brutal, T6 shoulders, Vengful mace, Full guardains + vindicator ring, Shard of contempt, 45 resil trinket)

What to notice from the screenshot:
    *Duration of the fight was 8mins, 49sec.
    *DPS = 1072

I wonder how much its gonna suck at 80 with no intel on our gear.

http://hypnotikspeed.com/livefeeds/W...308_153348.jpg
    While you fit that odd niche of being a mana-based melee type, you are a mana-using class, so just like any caster you will over time run out of mana in most prolonged scenarios. Casters have no recourse when OOM typically but to wand - at least your auto-attack outdps's that.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

First off for an indefinate sustained DPS rotation try using Judgement of Wisdom instead of Justice. It's possible to maintain an indefinate sustained DPS rotation.

Not to mention that once you hit 71 you will have Divine Plea once a minute. We're fine. Stop complaining.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya
    First off for an indefinate sustained DPS rotation try using Judgement of Wisdom instead of Justice. It's possible to maintain an indefinate sustained DPS rotation.

Not to mention that once you hit 71 you will have Divine Plea once a minute. We're fine. Stop complaining.
    Doubles my point's foundation.

25% mana per minute + (was it 15?) 15% chance per hit to get mana back + raid mana regen buffs + mana potions(if needed really not) + more than likely BoW(blessing of wisdom) = Were are now a WANTED dps class.

Oh and a perk is 3% more crit! :O

Wanted in raid pve maybe, dead weight in pvp arena, yes.

Mana burn is a valid complaint, but if 8min and 49 seconds isn't enough time to kill your opponent then you need better gear or a better strategy.

Your OP is concerning Rotations, which unless your opponents are said Target Dummies, invalidates adding PvP evaluations to the post, unless your starting a seperate arguement.

PvE rotations need to be supplemented with taking damage to convert healer mana to your mana if mana is your largest problem.
    Controllable choices are SoB/SotM and HoS.
    If you have a good understanding of a given battle (ie been there a couple times), you can also purposely time getting damaged (AoE, traps, etc) to bump mana back up.
    Granted your healers might start hating you, but its our class mechanic, so thats how we have to handle it.