Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: new eclipse worth taking for a pve moonkin?

Tested as well now, and ended up with the same results.

MF > SF till eclipse > Wrath spam is the highest dps rotation, I couldn't test IS cause I went with a spec that didn't include it.

I'm going to try a Starfire-eclipse rotation now.

EDIT:

MF > Wrath till eclipse > Starfire spam.

This one came out as slightly lower dps then the wrath spam one, but I think that's primarily due to my low crit chance.. It does seem to show potential.
    And it relies on proccing eclipse before moonfire runs out.

It's very RNG'ish. Probably going to be either higher or lower then the wrath spam depending on the crits you gain.

Deleted

Eclipse proccing from Wrath, has only a 60% chance per crit... while Starfire is totaly based on crit, Wrath is on dmg. The chance to proc Eclipse from Wrath seems very small and not worth it.

I do have ImpIS, to test it with Wrath spam during the Eclipse phase... but better: MF increases crit chance on SF by 3%, thus making the chance for Eclipse to proc bigger.

i'm a hunter main with a druid alt, with which i've been playing resto always, never been boomkin...with the free respecc today i'm gonna go boomkin and made an infinite mana wrathspam specc...is this viable at all???it's for leveling purposes, that's why i thought the infinite mana would be great...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    i'm a hunter main with a druid alt, with which i've been playing resto always, never been boomkin...with the free respecc today i'm gonna go boomkin and made an infinite mana wrathspam specc...is this viable at all???it's for leveling purposes, that's why i thought the infinite mana would be great...
    Dude, should make a new topic for that... this is about Eclipse.

Imo Wrath-spam is not worth it at all. Leveling wise i would pull with 1-2x Starfire (depending on range and speed of the mob) and use Wrath on melee distance. This is kinda another advantage of Eclipse, if you crit a Starfire, you spam wrath damn hard on the mob.

well has any1 tested if dumping eclipse and getting %4 more dmg in master shapeshifter is better over all? i mean its back to MF> SF spam with 4% more dmg output.

EDIT : we can take eclipse and master shapeshifter too, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Arano
    Eclipse proccing from Wrath, has only a 60% chance per crit... while Starfire is totaly based on crit, Wrath is on dmg. The chance to proc Eclipse from Wrath seems very small and not worth it.

I do have ImpIS, to test it with Wrath spam during the Eclipse phase... but better: MF increases crit chance on SF by 3%, thus making the chance for Eclipse to proc bigger.
    imo it's either Imp IS, or Imp Faerie Fire otherwise you give up too much points.. You could go for 3% more crit by taking both, but I don't think it's worth to give up those point you could have put in resto(Intensity or Master Shapeshifter at level 80)

At level 70 you could take both by giving up Furor, without any immediate loss of damage. But considering that we'll be leveling to 80 in a few weeks, It's barely worth speccing that way, knowing you probably won't have both at level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Arano
    Dude, should make a new topic for that... this is about Eclipse.

Imo Wrath-spam is not worth it at all. Leveling wise i would pull with 1-2x Starfire (depending on range and speed of the mob) and use Wrath on melee distance. This is kinda another advantage of Eclipse, if you crit a Starfire, you spam wrath damn hard on the mob.
    this is ALSO regarding eclipse, since i didn't specc into it cause i don't know how much difference it makes...imo it's seems kinda weird to make a rotation where one spell depends on the other...but that's maybe just because i'm a hunter...
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

As it is now, I will say its worth taking. The dmg buff you get from it is insane and gives a high burst, which is usefull for most classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    this is ALSO regarding eclipse, since i didn't specc into it cause i don't know how much difference it makes...imo it's seems kinda weird to make a rotation where one spell depends on the other...but that's maybe just because i'm a hunter...
    Probably, because rogues do it(combo point building), warlocks do it as well(to a lesser degree, haunt hitting, shadowbolt critting).

fire mages aswell to some extend, scorch for debuff, 2 crits in a row for instant pyroblast
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    imo it's either Imp IS, or Imp Faerie Fire otherwise you give up too much points.. You could go for 3% more crit by taking both, but I don't think it's worth to give up those point you could have put in resto(Intensity or Master Shapeshifter at level 80)

At level 70 you could take both by giving up Furor, without any immediate loss of damage. But considering that we'll be leveling to 80 in a few weeks, It's barely worth speccing that way, knowing you probably won't have both at level 80.
    Tbh, i dont see why you cant spec in both on lvl80 (atm i dont have ImpFF). I would go for something like:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...03213305311031
    Still have 1 talent point left for some random place... Intensity for mana? Or Gale Winds for some better AoE? I dunno, will see.

So I tried Eclipse, I don't like it, the change in my dps is not that significant, the wrath spamming also drains most of my mana. I'm sticking with my MF > SF rotaion for now until i get intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilshire153
    So I tried Eclipse, I don't like it, the change in my dps is not that significant, the wrath spamming also drains most of my mana. I'm sticking with my MF > SF rotaion for now until i get intensity.
    Same, tried it in BT tonight, no significant increase and procc-watching got tiresome.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cardrel
    Soooo... is IS worth taking or no?
    Yes and no. Eclipse is some what random(although for my toon its a 500dps increase as SF crits 1 in 2) unless you have a crit above 23ish % I prefere the longer imp FF over imp IS, saying that for leveling Imp IS is better as wrath would be your main choice. Raiding IS is annoying as you would mainly use SF for mana efficiency and this to gain the extra crit you need MF on the target and that just adds way too much to concentrate on.

For leveling I would take Imp IS and Dreamstate and possibly intensity while leaving out Imp FF. Once at 80 raiding i'd drop IS and Intensity/DS as your crits give you way more mana(2%). OoC and Im Shapeshifter is a must I think for raiding.

I must say im not happy with the talent, raiding pve wise. It don't proc too often, and when you use MF > SF > Wrath (when eclipes procs) the bonus from wrath.. meh its not too good.

I hoped that wrath would proc another eclipes in order to buff you starfire, it did'ent happend in a full TK run. Another thing tho is, that its acctually a good talent in pvp (you can easy get it as there is many useless talent points there). but you need a bit of luck, but if you elipes proc with a starfire, then you wrath pierces their resi so damn good that i with 1300 spellpower make 3.5k crits on ful brutal guys. They come close, typhoon and another wrath, cyclone, run away. IMBA MOONKIN

These are the 4 main rotations I have heard about (but have not yet tested).

1) MF> SF until eclipse> wrath spam
    2) IS> Wrath until eclipse> MF> Starfire spam
    3) MF> Wrath until eclipse> Starfire spam
    4) MF> IS> Wrath until Eclipse > Starfire spam

Assume eclipse 3/3 and imp IS 3/3 for all of them.
    My guess is that 1 or 2 will come out on top. Thoughts?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock
    1) MF> SF until eclipse> wrath spam
    2) IS> Wrath until eclipse> MF> Starfire spam
    3) MF> Wrath until eclipse> Starfire spam
    4) MF> IS> Wrath until Eclipse > Starfire spam
    Posted yesterday what i tested and what the differences are.

1) Best rotation I have seen, considering having ImpIS (for the SF crit chance while MF is up). It at least makes my crit-chance realy high and thus making Eclipse proc quite a lot.

2) Wrath has less talents or gear to improve their crit rating, and eclypse only procs of from 60% of the crits! I tried it out and it sucked, doesnt proc often enough.

3+4) Same problem as nr2, but the rotation seems to be more fucked up when Eclipse doesnt proc and MF runs out

i dont like eclipse. with 1 mana pot/combat any type of wrath spam hurts mana pool alot, i'm thinking about goin deeper into resto - 15/16 @80

Deleted

Thinking about the nr4 of Hemlock... dunno what he means with ''Starfire spam''. Does this mean cast it untill Eclipse ends? Or cast untill the cooldown on Eclipse (either 30 of 40 sec) is over?

Because I understood the 1st, but the 2nd might actualy be good.

MF > IS > Wrath untill Eclipse > Starfire (untill Eclipse is off cooldown, keep MF up)

versus

MF > Starfire untill Eclipse > Wrath untill Eclipse is off > Starfire (if possible)

My raid last night showed this:

MF > SF > Wrath (with Eclipes) = 2900 dps

IS > Wrath > SF (with Eclipes) = 2500 dps

MF > IS > SF > Wrath (with Eclipes) = 2350 dps

MF > Wrath > SF (with Eclipes) = 2650 dps

All these are with all possible buffs, flask, food-buff, wizard oil and a T6 (BT & MH) Moonkin druid.

Wrath spam looks like it do good dmg, but it never out damage 9k SF crits, and I would go for the first rotation, clearly the most stable.